What did you think of the Mighty B?

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
The Mighty B appears to be one of Nicks most polarizing, off beat cartoons. It was about a Girl Scout who sets out to collect all merit badges (Thousands). It was co created by Amy Poehler a well known actress and comedian who voiced the title character and later played Joy on Inside Out. This was another show that Nick dumped to Nicktoons. It got decent airtime for its first year then booted to Nicktoons by 2010. I’m pretty sure there were future plans for the series but it left on a cliffhanger. I was briefly a fan of the series because I used to be a Boy Scout. The series was alright but not one of my favorites.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I liked it when I was a kid, but I tried rewatching it last year and while I didn't think it was bad, I honestly didn't think it was as good as I remembered it. Ended up dropping it.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I remember seeing it on Nick when I was younger. I tried watching an episode or two but I thought that the show relied too heavily on fart humor, which disappointed me.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I disliked it as a kid. Now, as an adult? Can't bring myself to care too much, now. It's just the same humor that turned me off and made me hate Ren & Stimpy, honestly.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I liked the show. Another Nick show that was cut short, but at least it got two full seasons. The only episode I remember not liking was the chicken pox episode.

Vomitrocious

A jamming theme song for a decent show. I really liked Mighty B when it first premiered but I didn’t really keep up with it as time went on. I still haven’t seen most Season 2 episodes but I do intend to at some point. Mighty B is pretty much the last Nicktoon I cared about. I didn’t mind TUFF Puppy and I even liked Pig Goat Banana Cricket but I didn’t really care about them.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Thought it was a decent show that could've been a nice addition to the Nick lineup

jaylop97

Staff member
Of the 2000s NickToons this one is in the bottom of the barrel for me.

The characters were pretty bad, Penny was an awful friend, Bessie was obnoxious, Ben was a smart Alec and Portia/Gwen were on the same page of grating.

The animation tried too hard to be fluid and energetic it came off hideous, and the colors looked pretty gross as well, it is on par with Season 3 of Dexter's Lab of unsatisfying to see.

I will admit I did remember finding some of the episodes relatable, but the characters made them not as enjoyable as they could have been, due to their actions.

TMB is very much the only NickToon I dislike, for the aforementioned reasons.

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
I thought The Mighty B was an OK Nicktoon. In my opinion, it was very similar to Ren and Stimpy when it came to animation and humor. Overall, I really didn't watch it that much.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts