What did you think of Fish Hooks?

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
Sep 9, 2018
USA
www.deviantart.com
When it was airing I was not a fan of it along with Disney’s other shows. I remember a bunch of kids at my school talking about it, but I thought it was a mediocre and generic SpongeBob knock off.

However watching it recently I actually find it kind of decent enough. It’s definitely better than Noah Z Jones other shows Almost Naked Animals and Pickle & Peanut. I noticed that it had an All-Star crew of animators like Maxwell Atoms, Alex Hirsch, C.H. Greenblatt, and Tom Warburton.

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
I used to like Fish Hooks when I was 13 and my show ideas were almost exclusively about merpeople (Darwin the Merman is one of them) and I dare say it, Fish Hooks was influential to me. I remember logging on to the Disney Channel website in 2010 (the American one) and I really liked the concept (at first I thought the show was called Fish Heads).

Honestly I believe this show was better than Almost Naked Animals (same art style), but I never saw of it as a rip-off of SpongeBob. If it were a rip-off then it certainly would be more about Milo being a fry cook rather than just average teenage problems. One thing I saw as a problem back then was the heavy use of photo-realistic objects.

Sadly the series was mistreated in many parts of Europe, and even Portugal never got to see the third season of it. It's 2019 already and justice hasn't been made.

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
I remember sorta liking it when I was in middle school. I don't know if I still would if I watched it now though, as it's been a while since I last saw it. I might catch an overnight showing of it on DC Asia once I get back to my hometown where I have cable.

Reactions: RandomMe

MegasMilo379

Fancied.
May 28, 2016
I remember getting really excited about it the when promos aired. And when I first watched it, I really liked it and found it really funny (it had great writers on the staff like the aforementioned Atoms, Hirsch, Greenblatt and Warburton). The animation was well-done and colorful, which I loved. It also had several characters I liked a lot. And the theme song was fun and catchy. Haven't watched in a while; maybe I should rewatch sometime.

MrBabySpencer

Sep 25, 2011
Oakley California
I remember getting excited for it when the promos aired only to disapointed by the show itself.

Looking back at the show now, it's still nothing spectacular, the only things that made it good is Alex Hirsch (who would later on go to create Gravity Falls) and Maxwell Atoms (creator of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) were writing this show.

Reactions: AdrenalineRush1996