What Did You Buy/Get This Month?- January 2012

Azrayel

It's a New Year and I'm sure we have a great year of gaming a head of us!

January 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]
Sledge Hammer- 360
Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress- 360

January 10[SUP]th[/SUP]
Crush 3D- 3DS
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat- 360/PS3
My Pet Puppy 3D- 3DS
National Geographic Challenge!- PS3
NFL Blitz- PS3/360

January 17[SUP]th[/SUP]
Jungle Speed- Wii
What’s Your Type?- DS

January 24[SUP]th[/SUP]
Silent Hill HD Collection- PS3/360
The Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff- PC

January 25[SUP]th[/SUP]
Oil Rush- PC

January 26[SUP]th[/SUP]
Tropico 3 (Golden Edition)- PC

January 29[SUP]th[/SUP]
Sticky Bees- IOS

January 30[SUP]th[/SUP]
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land- IOS

January 31[SUP]st[/SUP]
Final Fantasy XIII-2 -360/PS3
NeverDead- PS3/360
Soul Calibur V- PS3/360
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword- 3DS
Word Off!- IOS

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Here's what I just got:

Secret Agent Clank (PS2)--I got it for Christmas from my sister.

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)--I bought it for $15 at Best Buy with my Christmas money.

King9

Embraced One
I just bought Shadows Of The Damned. So far it's riiiiiiiight up my alley. Loving it.

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
I don't think AC V is out already.

Anyway, I just got Sonic CD from PSN.

Anthonynotes

A week ago, I bought "Sonic/Sega All Stars Racing." Having fun with it so far (I wanted a Mario Kart-like game for my 1.5-month-old Xbox 360...).

Chaotix12345

Guh-huh!
1/9/2012 haul:

1600 MS Points Card (BestBuy.com)
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game (XBLA)
Knives Chau DLC (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game)
Metal Sonic and Death Egg Zone DLC (Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing)
Sonic Generations Avatar Tee (XBL)
Sega Superstars Tennis (Wii) (TJ Maxx) (I already had it for 360, but it was TEN FREAKIN' DOLLARS! I couldn't pass it up.)

1/10/2012 haul:

Power Rangers Samurai (Wii) (Won from Offical Power Rangers Twitter)

1/11/2012 haul:

Kirby's Dream Land (3DS) (Club Nintendo)

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Here's what I just picked up with my Christmas money:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PSP)

They were both $20 each at Best Buy.

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (PS2)--found a USED copy at Gamestop for $10.

It's so sad that Gamestop's USED PS2 bin is getting smaller and smaller. There are still a few more PS2 Games that I desperately need to find. Crash: Mind Over Mutant and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters to name 2.

This is kinda why I feel a little out of place here. Everybody's playing all these new shoot-em-ups and beat-em-ups for the PS3 & 360, while I still prefer my old Atari 2600 and Activision game collections for my PS2. (I'll always love Megamania, Kaboom, and Freeway.)

It'll still be a while before I get the 3DS and the fantastic Mario 3D World. I still don't even have the wonderful Wii system yet!!! I REALLY hope I can get it before it gets replaced with that new "tablet" thing.

I also don't plan on getting next month's PS Vita for a very long time. The only game that looks good so far is...Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I still can't believe they sold half a million copies in Japan in only 3 weeks!!! For $250, it's not worth it right now.

Sorry, everyone. I prefer classic arcade and platform games rather than the super-violent stuff. I'll always keep my ultra-rare PS2 version of...Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Magus

The Boss
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins (Ultimate Edition)

I was talked into getting Skyrim. Originally I never planned to get it since I'm no fan of Bethesda games. So I hope I don't regret this purchase in the long run.

Mass Effect 2, while I do have it for the Xbox 360 I decided to get it for the PS3 as well because of the extra content.

As far as Dragon Age goes, I decided to just check it out because I like Mass Effect.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
A few purchases:
-Centipede (PSOne Classics)
-Joe & Mac (SNES)
-Motorstorm 3D Rift (PS3 download)

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Let's see, so far I have bought

Virtual Console

Nobunaga's Ambition - Wanted to play the game to see what it's about.

Steam

Nation Red - A zombie killing game that had a F2P weekend, I liked it enough to pay $2.50 for it.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I told myself I wouldn't get anymore games, but my dad let me spend some money at GameStop and I ended up getting Star Wars: Battlefront - Renegade Squadron. I saw this Link plushie there I had to buy and since I had a little cash left over and that was only $5, I decided to get it. I also got my Game & Watch: Ball replica from Club Nintendo last week.

Kevin the Geek

Golem fan
It's so sad that Gamestop's USED PS2 bin is getting smaller and smaller. There are still a few more PS2 Games that I desperately need to find. Crash: Mind Over Mutant and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters to name 2.

This is kinda why I feel a little out of place here. Everybody's playing all these new shoot-em-ups and beat-em-ups for the PS3 & 360, while I still prefer my old Atari 2600 and Activision game collections for my PS2. (I'll always love Megamania, Kaboom, and Freeway.)

It'll still be a while before I get the 3DS and the fantastic Mario 3D World. I still don't even have the wonderful Wii system yet!!! I REALLY hope I can get it before it gets replaced with that new "tablet" thing.

I also don't plan on getting next month's PS Vita for a very long time. The only game that looks good so far is...Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I still can't believe they sold half a million copies in Japan in only 3 weeks!!! For $250, it's not worth it right now.

Sorry, everyone. I prefer classic arcade and platform games rather than the super-violent stuff. I'll always keep my ultra-rare PS2 version of...Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
There's nothing wrong with playing games on older consoles. In fact, it makes me think of a saying I thought up, which is, "If the newer video games don't interest you, just go back and play games on the older consoles".

Also, if you ever do get a Wii, I highly recommend getting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. If you like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, you'll probably also enjoy Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.

I apologize for getting off-topic. Please carry on with the topic at hand.

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
I finally got Uncharted 3!

And with a gift card I got for christmas, I'm plan on getting Soul Calibur V this month, or SSX new month.

I'm curious about Skylanders though, if it's worth getting those figurines and if I should get either the PS3 or 360 version.

Marvin Tikvah

I bought WarioWare DIY a couple days ago at Sears Essentials, and downloaded Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console a few days ago.

Soul

With birthday money, I got:
Infamous 2, Shadows of the Damned, and Vanquish.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
I bought Space Pirates and Zombies off of Steam due to a combo of a weekend deal and a 50% coupon I got from the Steam Winter Treasure Hunt. I was able to get a $10 game for $2 thanks to the combo. Hoping some other games I got coupons for go on deals so I can use them.

Azrayel

I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I got Sega Superstar Tennis free from a friend.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hi, I've been looking for Polish dubbed episodes of Summer Camp Island for two years now, and I have this request, do you have any recorded episodes in Polish? If so, please send them to me by email.
So I found this random image for the original Chicken Squad books, and wow. It's really good to see the show giving the titular squad more diverse designs.

I love you, Law & Order: Organized Crime. That is all.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when the Legend of Zelda's Oracle Duology was released in North America.
Happy birthday to George Lucas, the Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.

Featured Posts