What Did You Buy/Get This Month?- December 2011

Azrayel

Sorry guys for not posting the release dates. Been pretty busy at school. I'll try working on it this weekend though.

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
I'm expecting to get Mario Kart 7 and, if there is a great discount, Uncharted 3 and then I'm officially finished with all my game shopping. For now, I got:

-The Sly Collection
-Infamous 2

There is an offer for this Mario clone called Giana Sisters DS on NewEgg, but I'm on the fence about that.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I just got Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. They'll be arriving next week. I can't wait!

Wonderwall

Staff member
So I finally got Uncharted 3. Few weeks later than I thought I'd get it but eh can't complain.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land

I was going to wait until I got my tax refund early next year to get a 3DS, but Best Buy was having a sale this week that I just couldn't pass up. Get a 3DS, and they give you a $50 gift card. I wanted Ocarina of Time, and you can get the 3DS/Ocarina of Time bundle, but I really just wanted a blue model. So I could get the color model I wanted and the game for less than if I were to buy them separately. They were also having a sale where if you buy two games that are at least $29.99, you get a third game for equal or lesser value for free.

Anthonynotes

I'm new to the video game console-owning thing. I finally decided to buy one. I bought the Xbox 360 "250GB Holiday Bundle" package that was on sale (before selling out) on Black Friday online for cheap. (Newegg.com had it for $199.)

The Xbox came with:
- Halo: Reach (not downloaded yet; rather large at 6-7GB)
- Fable III

I also bought:
- Lego Star Wars
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (not the Ultimate version)

Azrayel

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions. This game feels kind of repetitive, but I enjoy the voice acting, and cut scenes.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
My brother got The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2, so I suppose I'll be playing those soon.

Magus

The Boss
It feels like it's been a while since I bought any games.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I'm expecting these games to arrive around Wednesday. Next game I'll end up buying will probably be Gears of War 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelation.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
I got my platinum Nintendo reward today- a classic SMB pin set. The display box is pretty neat, and you can take the individual trays out and rearrange to make different scenes.

Punisher

One Shot At Glory
Just grabbed Mario Kart 7. Hope its worth the $40 I threw down on it, I mainly got it because I haven't played video games in months and Mario Kart is usually a pretty solid choice.

Vyse

Trying to rack though what I bought, and it was all pinball so far this month:

-Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue add-on for Pinball FX2 (XBLA)
-Captain America and Wolverine tables for Zen Pinball (iOS)
-Superbrothers' Sword & Sworcery EP (iOS) (technically in November)

Also, after I posted last time in the purchases thread (and technically also in November), I wound up buying the Sword & Sworcery LP album (best soundtrack) and the Indie Game Music Bundle, netting 21 soundtracks including Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, Ravenmark, A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda, The Binding of Isaac, Mighty Flip Champs, Wind-Up Knight, and more.

PC!

lolwut?
Both my summer and my fall have been absolutely barren as far as games are concerned, so I went all out to make up for lost time. Thankfully, via some strategic buying and selling, I managed to rack up enough dough to pick up a bunch of great games, including:

-A flame red 3DS
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure 3DS (got it for free with my 3DS!)
-Kirby's Return To Dreamland
-Rayman Origins
-Solatorobo
-Shantae: Risky's Revenge

And next week I plan on picking up Mighty Switch Force. Whew! First time in my career as a gamer I have a backlog, but it feels oh so good.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I got my platinum Nintendo reward today- a classic SMB pin set. The display box is pretty neat, and you can take the individual trays out and rearrange to make different scenes.

I got that too! Although, I'm not taking it out of the plastic...

I found Resident Evil 4 (In a Starcraft case) for GameCube and Shinobi for PS2 at a second hand store this weekend. I also got the 3DS Ambassador GBA games, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again from Club Nintendo, and someone gifted me the new Humble Indie Bundle with the old Humble Indie Bundle. So many digital games...

VictoryStar

"Here is your first present~"
Some games for my iPod Touch

Minecraft Portable - 6.99 (I think)
Scribblenauts remix - 4.99 (i think)
Sonic CD -1.99

Sonic CD has been my most played so far.

Vyse

Tis the season! Don't forget to post any and all video game and video game-related stuff you got during Christmas/Hanukkah/etc here.

Chaotix12345

Guh-huh!
Downloaded Sonic CD and Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime on XBLA and got the following games for Christmas:

Nintendo 3DS (Aqua Blue)
Sonic Generations (Xbox 360)
Sonic Generations (3DS)
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Back to the Future: The Game (Wii)
Fortune Street (Wii)
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (Xbox 360)
Spider-Man: Edge of Time (Xbox 360)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360) (This one was actually a surprise gift that wasn't on my list! :))
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
Kirby: Mass Attack (DS)
Pokemon Rumble Blast (3DS)
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (DS) (Also a surprise gift. :))

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hi, I've been looking for Polish dubbed episodes of Summer Camp Island for two years now, and I have this request, do you have any recorded episodes in Polish? If so, please send them to me by email.
So I found this random image for the original Chicken Squad books, and wow. It's really good to see the show giving the titular squad more diverse designs.

I love you, Law & Order: Organized Crime. That is all.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when the Legend of Zelda's Oracle Duology was released in North America.
Happy birthday to George Lucas, the Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.

Featured Posts