What characters could Pup Named Scooby Doo cast voice in a Scooby project?

zoombie

I am saying if they wanted to bring back the voice actors from A Pup Named Scooby Doo to voice new characters in a Scooby Doo animated movie, just for a fun callback, what kind of characters could they play.

Maybe rival mystery hunters, or maybe the dissidents of Mystery Inc. time traveling from the future.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Scott Menville (Red Herring) has done voice work in plenty of Scooby Doo projects afterwards. Besides Shaggy in Shaggy And Scooby Doo Get A Clue, he was also Luke in Scooby Doo Camp Scare and Boris Carnack Jr in Lego Scooby Doo Haunted Hollywood.

wiley207

I remember a friend of mine saying that Kellie Martin might make a good Velma Dinkley, since in the "Pup" series Daphne had many of the same mannerisms Velma nowadays has (especially the skepticism.)
Also keep in mind that several of the show's voice cast members are now deceased, including Don Messick (Scooby), Casey Kasem (Shaggy) and Carl Steven (Freddie.)

BUT, if they were to do a new "Pup Named Scooby-Doo" animated project (like a fourth season of the show, or a new animated direct-to-video (not puppet) movie), they should definitely have Kellie Martin reprise Daphne and Scott Menville reprise Red Herring, along with Matthew Lillard as Shaggy and Frank Welker as Scooby (as usual), and maybe have Mindy Cohn voice young Velma and Jason Marsden voice young Freddie.

zoombie

I remember a friend of mine saying that Kellie Martin might make a good Velma Dinkley, since in the "Pup" series Daphne had many of the same mannerisms Velma nowadays has (especially the skepticism.)
Also keep in mind that several of the show's voice cast members are now deceased, including Don Messick (Scooby), Casey Kasem (Shaggy) and Carl Steven (Freddie.)

BUT, if they were to do a new "Pup Named Scooby-Doo" animated project (like a fourth season of the show, or a new animated direct-to-video (not puppet) movie), they should definitely have Kellie Martin reprise Daphne and Scott Menville reprise Red Herring, along with Matthew Lillard as Shaggy and Frank Welker as Scooby (as usual), and maybe have Mindy Cohn voice young Velma and Jason Marsden voice young Freddie.

I know about Don and Casey, but when and how did Carl Steven die?

zoombie

I just thought of a role for Kellie Martin in a future Scooby Doo project, how about Daphine's mother. She could be the same skeptic for the super natural that Daphine on Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.
CNC
Here's my Ideal Disney XD schedule for next week. What do you think?
harry580 wrote on Streaker Prower's profile.
I like your profile picture, tails is my favorite
sunnsettapple wrote on Eddy_Girly's profile.
(Part 1)
Hello,
I know this is a weird long shot and I doubt you'll even get this message, but I'm doing some lost media research and I have very few leads. Some old forum posts that came up on a Google search lead me to believe there's a small chance you may be able to help.
Last month, someone found the Cyberchase pilot

Featured Posts