What block on FOX is better: FoxBox or 4KidsTV?

jaylop97

Staff member
I liked 4kids more, to be honest I never really saw much of FoxKids so I will leave it to 4kids since I was fond of most of their shows anyway.

DragonKnightGX

Even though this was literally just the same block with two different names, I'll say FoxBox. It was when 4Kids was at their prime and some of their better shows debuted on the FoxBox name.

Oscar Preciado

4Kids TV because the block was owned by Time Warner, when they own 4Kids Entertainment from 2004 to Late 2010

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Several of 4Kids' best shows, such as Kirby: Right Back at Ya! and Shaman King, were on while the block was called Fox Box, so I'll go with that.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Why not throw in "The CW 4 Kids" and "Toonzai", since they were all "4Kids" blocks as well?

MegasMilo379

Finally.
I say FoxBox, because I loved watching the hit shows that aired mostly on that than on 4Kids. Even when I watched the block under the latter name, I felt it didn't have the same spark or excitement I had for FxBx.
Although, (even though I don't remember watching it much as I was much younger during its prime) I'd prefer Fox Kids over both; in fact it be better if the FxK name stayed throughout all three's tenures.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Yeah, it's strange that they couldn't just keep the "Fox Kids" name all the way through till the end of 2008.

Even if the Saban stuff (Power Rangers, Digimon, etc) got sold to Disney in 2002, it still would've been nice to keep calling it "Fox Kids" going forward.

That, and I just think "Toonzai" and "Vortexx" were much better names than "Fox Box" and "4 Kids TV".

DragonKnightGX

Maybe they changed it to either show the block changed hands or to avoid confusion with Fox Kids Europe and its channels (which wouldn't become Jetix until 2004)? Or even both.

jaylop97

Staff member
Eh, I kind of liked Toonzai and Vortexx's names, especially Vortexx that one was very iconic to me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts