What became of some of the Hub's shows?

Latest News & Videos

J. D. Guy

Dec 22, 2012
Illinois
I've been out of the loop of things with this channel for the most part and I have a question.

What is the fate of some of this channel's shows? I know the new Transformers show will be aired on Cartoon Network, but what of "Transformer: Rescue Bots" and "Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch"? Where will Rescue Bots's Season 3 air and Sabrina's Season 2 (does it have a Season 2?) and what are their times, if any?

This kinda crept up on me and now I'm so confused.

Thanks in advance for your help and answers.

P.S. Please pardon the jumbled up Topic Name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Doris Day said:
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que será, será. What will be, will be."
That's the best I can say, anyway. That said, though, hopefully at least some of them will stick around, but in the long term, for the Hasbro shows, there's always their Hasbro Studios channel on Roku and Amazon Fire TV, but for everything else, who can say?...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonsville
animationnation.proboards20.com
Transformers Rescue Bots will be staying on Discovery Family for now. There's no word yet on whether on not there'll be a 2nd season of Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch. If Sabrina does get a 2nd season, I'm guessing that it will stay on DiscFam, since there aren't many other places for shows with female stars to go right now. Mind you, Sabrina is a 3rd party acquisition, not a Hasbro production, so in the wake of current events, the future of that show is unknown.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
Sabrina could end up on either Disney Channel or Boomerang for a possibly if it's renewed.
Boomerang's a possibility, Disney, not seeing it. 'Big' Disney Channel has gotten lax on animated shows in general, preferring to focus on live-action while handing the cartoons over to Disney Junior and Disney XD; Sabrina skews too old for Junior and it's too girl-centric for XD.

JoeMabbon

Private
Aug 8, 2014
Iacon
G.I. Joe will not see any new cartoons for the foreseeable future. The franchise will be continued through comics and movies.

Kaijudo probably has no future. The card game's been discontinued and there are no plans to do anything with the franchise.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Kaijudo probably has no future. The card game's been discontinued and there are no plans to do anything with the franchise.
I heard how they aren't even going to release the rest of the series on DVD, because they don't sell. The series is THAT unpopular.
So long as it's on Netflix or can be bought on iTunes, I'm good.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
Either way, KISS Hello Kitty isn't happening now. Hasbro would seem to only be interested in giving their established hit shows a home as opposed to acquiring 3rd party shows. They stopped caring about acquisitions before the rebrand.

-These shows aren't animated, but I'm guessing that Spooksville, Kid President and Parents Just Don't Understand are also done. I don't see any of those shows airing before 5 PM, and after 5 Discovery takes over with their documentary dumps.

hobbyfan

Jun 9, 2002
Troy NY
A look at today's schedule sees that Sabrina now airs at 2 (Weekdays? Are you stupid, programmers?), and you have two 90-minute blocks of Friendship is Magic, probably the same one airing twice. DisFam isn't exactly going out of their way to program their half of the schedule, as they didn't plan too far in advance. Shows like How It's Made are repurp'd from other Discovery networks. Meh. I'm done with these clowns.

J. D. Guy

Dec 22, 2012
Illinois
Sorry it took so long for my reply. Thanks for the responses (and for fixing the thread title).

So, Rescue Bots will remain on the now re-branded Discovery Channel and Sabrina's fate is currently up in the air?

I wonder when will Season 3 of Rescue Bots begin?

I guess the only show they worried about bringing over to another station was the new Transformers show. I suppose that means they're content to leave everything else where it was, even after the switch over (unless new homes just haven't been found for them yet).

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
Transformers: Robots in Disguise went to CN because Hasbro felt the show would get a bigger boy audience than it would on Discovery Family, whose animated content largely skews towards girls. MLP and LPS are best left where they are for now, since there aren't that many channels which are that receptive to girl-centric non-preschool animated shows presently. (Of course, Hasbro still has the option of taking their shows online in the future, like what American Greetings is doing with Care Bears, which is going to be resurrected on Netflix.)

As of yet, it's unknown what will happen to Sabrina. It could possibly turn up somewhere else, but by all appearances it's done. The reruns are currently airing on DiscFam, but given the network's state, coupled with the fact that Sabrina's not a Hasbro property so the toy company has no reason to really care about it and the fact it didn't exactly set the world on fire, the chances of Sabrina getting a second season on DiscFam seem pretty slim. Hasbro will likely just eventually dump Sabrina like they've done with their other acquisitions.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockmonster

Sep 4, 2014
IA
G.I. Joe will not see any new cartoons for the foreseeable future. The franchise will be continued through comics and movies.

Gah, there goes my lingering hope for more DuelMasters.

Ultra8

Now all I/You can do
Oct 11, 2002
Nebula-M78
Visit site
O
Dang! So much for that plan of their's to continue the show's story through future expansions of the card game.

Well I know the Haunting Hour is safe for a season, Spooksville was still in talks for a renewal last I heard and while The Aqua Bats didn't get renewed for a 3rd season the creators are planning to pitch it to a new network(actually they may have been one of the change over's 1st casualties since the person in charge that stepped down was one of the key players that "Ok"ed the show).
Can't really find anything on Kid President or Fairytale Dropouts though the latter is still showing on the weekday morning block for the foreseeable future.

Considering the DiscoveFamily doesn't seem to have a set schedule other than the Hub block and select "new" shows/documentaries that air in the 8-10 pm slots on certain days, it's looking like it's anything goes at this point.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonsville
animationnation.proboards20.com
I doubt that DiscFam is going to order another season of Teenage Fairytale Dropouts, assuming that a 2nd season is even made. That show was never aired during a peak viewing hour, it's likely that The Hub only acquired TFD because it was part of a package deal with another show that they really wanted. DiscFam will most likely just continue airing the reruns of TFD for a little while before the show quietly disappears from the channel.

As for Kid President, from what I understand, KP's ratings were abysmal, so that show is in all likelihood over. DiscFam will probably sweep KP under the rug and never speak of it again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm one of those DBZ fans that never saw (Non-Canon) Broly's hatred towards Goku as "just because Goku cried a lot as a baby". I saw it more along the lines of (Non-Canon) Broly associating Goku's crying with the near death experiences he endured around that time.

This is pretty interesting.

I'd be up for something like this.
Check out Moka's Fabulous Adventures if you want another dose of Wander Over Yonder
I had a dream last night, and...

PICTURE MY BOOTY UP IN 3D. I'LL SHAKE MY BOOTY IN MY OWN MOVIE!