What are your thoughts on the hit Kids wb Show, Jackie Chan adventures?

Santana434

What are your thoughts on this great show Jackie Chan adventures. I thought this show was actually really good. The fights are well done, the humor is actually pretty funny(especially Uncle) and the character development was pretty good. I have to admit the show started off well in the first two seasons(it peaked in season 2) then around season 3 while not the best it starting to get repetitive but season 3 was the last enjoyable season for me anyways. I fell off in season 4(the oni masks) because it was kinda boring and season 5(drago arc wasn’t all that great either)

Jackie Chan adventures was fun while it lasted in the first three seasons there could have been a season 6 but it has been put to rest so I guess it’s probably for the best that the show got cancelled before it got worse.

Attachments

• F6C36192-6AED-4385-A58B-97732FCCDC5A.jpeg
    F6C36192-6AED-4385-A58B-97732FCCDC5A.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 36

Dr.Pepper

I personally didn’t watch it much, but my brother was a fan. The only episode I remember was one with Spring Heels Jack.

Pooky

Staff member
I caught bits and pieces of it here and there, I quite liked the visual style. I have a friend a couple of years younger than me that loved it, and I bought him a DVD of it for his birthday a few years ago. I didn't realise at the time that Chan didn't voice his own character, and it went on for longer than I realised.

Frontier

Staff member
It was a staple of my childhood growing up watching KidsWB! :).

I loved it when they'd change the intro to showcase the new threat Jackie and the J-Team would be fighting that season ;).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
This show even when I was like 14 years old seemed liked the dumbest most "oh yeah I don't know what you were on when you thought of this but it is not going to work" cartoon ideas that seemed like it would bomb. Especially since it was coming out in 2000. I mean isn't taking action stars and giving them cartoons with fantasy and super hero or mystical elements or just general outlandish elements the kind of schlock that was done in the 80's with Chuck Norris's Karate Kommandos and Mr. T that died with Hammerman in the early 90's? Why was it being revived here? Yeah Jackie Chan had finally fully full on broken in as a major name American Kids would know (I know by the 70's in China and all throughout Asia Jackie Chan was well known and revered but over in the USA that only happened by the time of Rush Hour which side note I fully get why they couldn't reference in this series but always felt it was a shame they couldn't find a way to sneak a reference to it) but doing an entire show about him going around the world beating up bad guys and finding mystical artifacts with his super sassy attitude filled niece? That apparently tested well to green lit a full on season? I thought the idea was going to crash and bomb and something I remember rolling my eyes at but then I wound up catching the end of the first Toro Fuerte episode and Jade kicking Tohru with the ox Tailsman was so ridiculously cool I was like "okay I should at least find that episode again to know how that happened." Then I saw the one that introduced Viper and found that really funny and enjoyable and wound up catching up on what I missed in season one and realized that though the concept is silly and insane, it is done in the most pretty clever and endearing way. Jackie is actually given more dimension and weakness while still being an enjoyable character and Jade to me is one the best examples of kid sidekick kind of "Scrappy" characters I've seen. Like so many of these elements could of bombed and been terrible but they worked so well it's clear why the show had such a long legacy.

I admit it's last season is pretty bad. Honestly the formula of the main arc episodes of season 2 and 3 were an obvious retread of what worked in the first but done with enough variety to be interesting and same could be said for... half of season 4. Like Tarakudo when they tried making him serious worked and I do like actually trying to explain why a Chinese Dragon would have Japanese ninja warriors and giving that it's own season but unlike say Shendu and the demons this is not a character you could use comedically at all as all of his jokes were sour and they never really followed through on that foreshadowing with Jade as the Shadowkahn queen properly despite having dropped that all the way back in season 2. Still that one worked overall but man season 5 is so weak. Drago is such a pathetic but not in an interesting way villain for an episode let alone entire season and they were just running out of ideas at that point even a reality show spoof didn't get as many laughs as it could. I do appreciate it ending with the ultimate big battle to wrap up everything but that season was weak and not a good way to wrap up such an otherwise more enjoyable show. Even a lot of the season 2 filler villain of the weak episodes were good and that's saying something for this kind of series so yeah major props to this show that again never would of thought I'd give it when I first watched it but it wound up actually being solid. Even though yeah glad we don't see this kind of show done now if only because it's clear this formula would only work once. Like Mike Tyson Mysteries is a good SPOOF on this kind of series but as something that took itself more "seriously" on JCA really worked as a celebrity focused action show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts