What animation is lazy?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

dumbfoolkid5

Apr 15, 2012
Ratings
128 1
New Orleans LA. US
I read somewhere anime is considered lazy compared to Disney style but it has charm to me what should be lazy is constantly drawing 4 fingers and make a theme song saying the show title over and over again having sound effects. Sound effects rots the mood of the opening especially if the show is for older children and adults. What's lazy to you?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,741 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
It’s all nothing but subjective crap.
Being allowed to not have to follow strictly follow character model sheets, is considered “lazy”. A cartoon having cartoony designs, is considered “lazy”. Not animating on 1s, is considered “lazy”.
From my experience, people who claim animators are lazy are people who never animated anything before, and or don’t understand its production process.

I prefer to use the terms “cheap” (or to put it more kindly “cost effective), or “poorly/hastily done” instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,556 12
New York
Most "lazy" animation is because artists have to do hundreds if drawings on a strict deadline. If production timelines weren't so short, the artists would have time to make sure each drawing is good. That's why some shows fix their animation for later releases, because the pressure to meet the deadline is over and they can take their time.

Frank98

Keep moving forward
May 19, 2017
Ratings
68 1
For the record, does Disney really think Japanese animation is lazy? I read about this somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure who you're referring to, but many Westerners don't have a really positive of Japanese animation because of how stiff it is (they use less drawings for second). Considering that Disney is known for their fluid, life-like animation, it's entirely possible that some Disney artists may not be too big on it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

SweetShop209 wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
Hey there. I want to ask something. For "Streamtopia", since preschool shows aren't talked about online that much, I'm thinking of creating 2 cumulative threads for Netflix and Amazon's preschool shows so that any news can just be posted there instead of individual threads. May I have permission to post them?
Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY