"Welcome to the Wayne" Series Talkback (Spoilers) [New Episodes in May]

zoombie

The father / daughter reality show stars, that dynamic reminds me of Inspector Gadget with Gadget and Penny, with the idiot adult who gets all the credit and the kid has all the talent and probably does most of the work.

jaylop97

Staff member
So are people sick of the Gravity Falls comparisons yet? Though it's kind of unavoidable...still there are certainly worse things to be compared to. Interesting note, I haven't actually seen the show yet, just the beginnings that get picked up on my DVR after Loud House, as well as all the promos, but I can still tell that's kind of what they're going for. Or at least, what the promos are, which seem to pump up the continuity/lore-building aspects in a big way.
I'm honestly a minority when It comes to saying that this is actually better than GF. Thing Is I just don't like most characters of GF due to them just being one-offs that really don't interest me. I know this show has similarities but I am just going to stick with saying that this show kind of pulls of some similar components of that show better or more ideal.

Did anybody notice that the opening theme for the show is cut short?
It's been like that the whole week, most likely because they would rather get to the program.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm honestly a minority when It comes to saying that this is actually better than GF. Thing Is I just don't like most characters of GF due to them just being one-offs that really don't interest me. I know this show has similarities but I am just going to stick with saying that this show kind of pulls of some similar components of that show better or more ideal.

This. There's also other things I admire about this show over Gravity Falls, indefinitely:

- This show puts its cards on the table right away: it can actually tell a story without wasting much time building itself up on pointless filler (a major reason I don't like Star Vs., besides finding its main character to be rather obnoxious; also a huge problem that has caused me to find Steven Universe horribly overrated and boring, as well.).

- There are actual consequences to exposing the show's said phenomena to people not mentally capable of handling it. In conclusion, things are laid out nice and straight: this is what happens, this is doesn't happen; this is what Wayne phenomena can do, this is what it can't do. I hope the writers can keep that good stuff up.

- Yeah, they're doing that annoying love interest thing with Ansi, but the reason I refuse to raise a big ass stink about it is simple: unlike Dipper/Wendy, Ansi's crush actually feels realistic and could actually work out, mainly because at least the girl he's crushing on is within his actual age range. Of course, the downside is that she is a Norma that this show states can't be exposed to Wayne phenomena for too long.

It sucks that it ultimately won't work out, but unlike the people who wrote Dipper/Wendy, I'm shouting a big THANK YOU for having the male hit on a girl who is within his actual age range (God, I hate the "too young / too old crushing" cliche, which is what it is. FACT - no kid is stupid enough to do this cliche IRL and not look completely messed.).

The only downside I can think of right now is Olly being a bit too dumb for my liking in some episodes. Thankfully, it's NOT a dealbraker, as he still is likable enough to forgive it - thanks to him having his moments where he is right.

Yeah, I love this show, and Nick better do their damndest to keep on promoting the hell out of it. I ain't just watching this channel for The Loud House, as unlike this show (so far, of course), there are plenty of episodes from the former (TLH) that are either too boring/predictable for my liking, or just simply are so poorly written/executed that they are definitely not worth re-running in any sense on my TV, thank you very much.

I need much more variety than that, and this show provides it where Harvey Beaks (which I'm still sad is gone now, too!) can't do for me (save for those final episodes I'm still waiting for, dammit!), anymore.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
They removed the original upload of the podcast. I'm guessing it was uploaded by mistake since it was a day early. However, the reupload doesn't have any mention of the show being renewed. I guess they couldn't reveal that info yet. Here it is for anyone that missed it:

Radical

Banned
A Pair of Normas was sweet/funny,

Nice seeing Olly/Saraline's parents previous episode, my next favorite great mother character.
The ghost squirrel was cool, and Saraline's ghost catching camera was sweet.
Team Timbers' new headquarters from Saraline was sweet/nicely detailed.
Both Garrison/Madison, great funny new characters, Madison is so cute:D, nice Inspector Gadget/Penny vibe.
Saraline to not want them to know the Wayne's secrets was great.
Nice seeing Jona Bishop, love hearing Frylock from him, both him/Garrison were enemies, interesting.
Madison with Ansi/Saraline was great/enjoyable.
Both Garrison/Madison, my favorite great new villains.
Cool seeing Sleepy Head and Garrison's well-deserved just desserts was funny, hahahahaha:p.
The ghost squirrel used as an anti-hero to stop Sleepy Head was great.
Madison turning good being the next best new ally for Ansi and Olly/Saraline was great:D.

Dudley

Staff member
I still have mixed feelings about this show. I'm intrigued by the mystery elements and the ongoing plot, but I find the humor at times obnoxious.
And for some reason, I'm really bothered with how "Normans" confronting the weird things in the Wayne just result in them going loopy. I guess after series like Gravity Falls, Star vs, and other cartoons, I'm just over the whole "secret keepers" cliche, and how they maintain that in the show is just kind of dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoombie

So you think these spies of the real villains of the show or is a greater evil they are actually trying to stop and for them the ends justify the means? I really don't know.

TheMisterManGuy

Here's what I want to see explained. The show establishes that Normal people can't be exposed to Wayne Phenomena because it'll mess up their mind. What I want to know is why are only certain people are capable of handling the strangeness, while others start acting like they had too much marijuana? What makes Team Timbers and other characters like Jonah Bishop able to handle this stuff? That's something I hope the show can explain in the future.

SaneMan

Here's what I want to see explained. The show establishes that Normal people can't be exposed to Wayne Phenomena because it'll mess up their mind. What I want to know is why are only certain people are capable of handling the strangeness, while others start acting like they had too much marijuana? What makes Team Timbers and other characters like Jonah Bishop able to handle this stuff? That's something I hope the show can explain in the future.

It seems like all of the people who can handle the Wayne phenomena are either brilliant (Ansi, Saraline, Jonah Bishop, the librarian, the spies), highly eccentric (Olly, the flowershirt spy), or both (Leif, Wendell)
Basically people who's brain works differently from the average human

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

It seems like all of the people who can handle the Wayne phenomena are either brilliant (Ansi, Saraline, Jonah Bishop, the librarian, the spies), highly eccentric (Olly, the flowershirt spy), or both (Leif, Wendell)
Basically people who's brain works differently from the average human

As much as I do love this show, it's clearly a finite one, with the fact that there is an actual story there. MY sincerest hope is that ultimately NO ONE goes crazy and learns to accept Wayne Phenomena, as THAT would be a step forward for this world's setting and its lack of understanding of the unknown - but that would take some damn good & effective writing to pull such a thing off. I know for a FACT we're not even remotely close to being there just yet!

SaneMan

As much as I do love this show, it's clearly a finite one, with the fact that there is an actual story there. MY sincerest hope is that ultimately NO ONE goes crazy and learns to accept Wayne Phenomena, as THAT would be a step forward for this world's setting and its lack of understanding of the unknown - but that would take some damn good & effective writing to pull such a thing off. I know for a FACT we're not even remotely close to being there just yet!

At least this show has a logical reason for the kids keeping their adventures a secret.

Also, I would be glad if this series at least lasted long enough to finish its plot.

jaylop97

Staff member
I wonder why would they avoid airing this after The Loud House? Knowing the week before there are new episodes as well. Even if they are trying to see how good the show can do on its own the 13th episode would premiere without a new LH before it.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I wonder why would they avoid airing this after The Loud House? Knowing the week before there are new episodes as well. Even if they are trying to see how good the show can do on its own the 13th episode would premiere without a new LH before it.
Because there will only be three new LH episodes on the week of October 16th this time, not four. I just checked Zap2it's Oct. 19th schedule for Nick. It's only a repeat of "Tricked!" at 5, which will air on October 13th at 7:30.

Candy Randy

It looks like there won't be any Welcome to the Wayne premieres this month. Those episode titles appeared on Zap2It last week been disappeared from the episode guide. Also on the same site, the Oct. 23rd schedule for Nick has been updated with no mention of Wayne. However, the episodes that were listed for this month are still up on The Futon Critic.

jaylop97

Staff member
That stinks, I was really looking forward to more episodes but I assume they did this to keep the premieres to a minimum for a good distribution of time and episodes.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
It looks like there won't be any Welcome to the Wayne premieres this month. Those episode titles appeared on Zap2It last week been disappeared from the episode guide. Also on the same site, the Oct. 23rd schedule for Nick has been updated with no mention of Wayne. However, the episodes that were listed for this month are still up on The Futon Critic.
Sounds like the folks at Nick were liar liar plants for hire!

CORRECTION: It's pants on fire.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts