"Welcome to the Wayne" Series Talkback (Spoilers) [New Episodes in May]

ZukoFan

I've only watched the first episode so far, but I liked it. I think the show's got plenty of potential, and I'm willing to give it a chance. I'll note that I was (and still am) a HUGE Gravity Falls fan, but I don't view this show as a copycat. It's got its own sense of humor and the characters don't have much in common with those from Gravity Falls. I'm not sure why the creator decided to give Saraline and Olly the last name Timbers, though; that just seems to invite criticism considering the main characters of GF have the last name Pines.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
And Nickelodeon is already giving it the Harvey Beaks treatment

sad

CRAP - Nick can't just get by with TLH being their "best" show (I like it, but watching reruns of it again, I know for a FACT it definitely ain't the best.), either - especially since I can name plenty of episodes from that show that I found predictable, boring, and/or hate-worthy (for those reasons, in other cases.).

Damn shame; despite my criticisms with the art style, this show was on its way to being one of the best, simply because it actually has a story that feels like it's worth following, for a major example.

Eldorado

What do you mean the Harvey Beaks treatment? They just haven't announced new episodes yet because let's not forget unlike SBSP and TLH these are half-hour episodes, and if they're going to premiere all of them in a week they need time for production to catch up.

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
NeoplanDan, the Cartoon Network has nothing to do with this. This is a Nickelodeon show.

I wasn't even referring or was talking to you, I was only referring to Cartoon Ruler and I.R. Shokew on one example that they made when referring to the network and the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What do you mean the Harvey Beaks treatment? They just haven't announced new episodes yet because let's not forget unlike SBSP and TLH these are half-hour episodes, and if they're going to premiere all of them in a week they need time for production to catch up.
It's been previously announced that there will be another week of premieres this month. No dates yet though, but there's still time for that to be announced.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I wasn't even referring or was talking to you, I was only referring to Cartoon Ruler and I.R. Shokew on one example that they made when referring to the network and the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh... They could stand to show more reruns of this show, IMHO - but that's what internet streaming is for. I just want to see this show succeed furthermore.

It's been previously announced that there will be another week of premieres this month. No dates yet though, but there's still time for that to be announced.

Good to know; I'll be keeping an eye out.

kanc

There was a small promotion saying that Welcome to the Wayne will begin new episodes Monday Sept 18. Time is unknown.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I watched the first five episodes recently on Nick.com, and I liked it fine. It's not this ultra story heavy must-watch-every-episode-in-order I've heard some people online call it. The Nick.com auto-player was showing them in the wrong order, and I wasn't confused.

Anyways, the daily format doesn't work for a half hour show, since they would burn through episodes faster. It should be aired weekly.

TheMisterManGuy

Eh... They could stand to show more reruns of this show, IMHO - but that's what internet streaming is for. I just want to see this show succeed furthermore.

Well only 5 episodes have been released, so there really isn't much to rerun. If the new batch of episodes do well enough, Nick will probably squeeze an airing or two every weekday in.

SaneMan

I em mostly referring to the lack of reruns and very little advertisement

Remember, unlike Disney and Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon does not take streaming into account

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nick probably made some very late schedule changes, which most likely caused the Amazon slip-up, too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts