"Welcome to the Wayne" Series Talkback (Spoilers) [New Episodes in May]

Yoshimickster

How did it take Team Timbers EIGHT MINUTES to figure out Andre was a vampire? Pointy ears, miscolored skin, NO reflection, all signs point to revenant! Also their going the "not all monstereotypes are true" route with this, kinda cliche but he's still got a mysterious backstory so it works.

Felt the forgeterator was a BIT of a Chekov's gun though.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Enjoyed today's episode. Good first week. I'm looking forward to seeing more in September.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I enjoyed this week's worth of episodes and now I'm starting to see this as the new Gravity Falls, I'm willing to see more adventures with the trio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radical

Banned
Some Kind of Tap-Dancing, Beekeeping Whaler was pretty sweet, the show is so the new Gravity Falls, cool,

Andre the vampire neighbor, a great new character and good addition to Ansi/Olly/Saraline, cool to hear Andrew Rannells:D, awesome.
Andre wanting to regain his lost memory was interesting.
Olly helping Andre regaining his memory was great.
Cool seeing Wendell who's the funniest:p.
Andre fearing spoons was interesting.
Ansi/Saraline to know that Andre is a good guy was great.
Saraline's memory erase to Wendell was awesome, further episodes both Andre/Wendell will be friends though.
Andre remembering an old song to his memory was great.
Both Ansi/Olly/Saraline get a new friend and get a new headquarters, sweet:D.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'll be blunt: I won't be saying too much on this show, as it doesn't need my input to know that it's won me over as yet another much victory for Nickelodeon, in terms of cartoons worth a damn IMHO. However, it ain't no Gravity Falls. You know what, regardless - it DON'T need to be; in fact, if it keeps this good work up and lasts longer, it might end up being even better - again, IMHO, of course.

SaneMan

honestly, thus far I've been enjoying this series more than I did with Gravity Falls
the characters just seem to have a better dynamic

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
honestly, thus far I've been enjoying this series more than I did with Gravity Falls
the characters just seem to have a better dynamic

Well, it's not delving into garbage relationship cliches just yet... Plus it's clear about what it is and what it wants to be at the forefront... Yeah: I can agree this show is better than Gravity Falls, but it's not all there yet. It definitely ain't winning too many awards for how it looks, compared to GF, anyway. Regardless... The writing, right out of the starting gate? Much better than GF, IMHO, which is what really matters to me, honestly.

Last edited:

SaneMan

Well, it's not delving into garbage relationship cliches just yet... Plus it's clear about what it is and what it wants to be at the forefront... Yeah: I can agree this show is better than Gravity Falls, but it's not all there yet. It definitely ain't winning too many awards for how it looks, compared to GF, anyway. Regardless... The writing, right out of the starting gate? Much better than GF, IMHO, which is what really matters to me, honestly.

Yeah, Gravity Fall is definitely the better looking one of the two

Mandouga

Is your comment supposed to be sarcastic, because if it is, then some people might not have seen it on the other hand. Not only that, but as I've said before, the "first" episode of the regular series assumes people have already seen it. Those who haven't are (likely) going to be confused by everything.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
@Mandouga "Not only that, but as I've said before, the "first" episode of the regular series assumes people have already seen it. Those who haven't are (likely) going to be confused by everything."

According to the creators, the series is kind of separate to the shorts, so that viewers don't need to watch the shorts to know what the series is about.

Negative_Space

Boring person with little to say
If there's one thing that really bothers me it's a particular aspect of the show's writing and sense of humor, which is that it's clever, but it's incessantly, obnoxiously so.

Example: Character A says thing.
Character B takes something from A's statement and goes on a tangent by changing the meaning of a word or phrase.
Character A then responds to that tangent and sometimes they even go back and forth discussing the merits of that tangent.

It's kind of maddening, honestly, especially when it happens every few seconds and especially when you're trying to get to know the characters and get invested in their conflict. I'm sure it's not a thing that'll bother everyone, but personally I hope that they can tone it down a bit (at least) in later episodes, and will naturally have different styles of writing by having different people work on different episodes.

jaylop97

Staff member
For the most part the show is not to shabby, I really liked Episode 2 I just like that Like a Happy Bird song/Dance it was stuck in my head a few days ago.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
The show is ok I guess but I don't think it will be the next SpongeBob or even FOP in terms of popularity

I tend not to like single-location shows but this & The Loud House pull it off well

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The show is ok I guess but I don't think it will be the next SpongeBob or even FOP in terms of popularity

I tend not to like single-location shows but this & The Loud House pull it off well
The Loud House is single location?. I can think of at least 2 other locations the show has been to other than the Loud's house (school, Clyde's house).

TheMisterManGuy

I'm really enjoying the series so far. That being said, I'm a bit worried about the month long hiatus it'll be on until September. That kind of wait could hurt the show if Nick doesn't handle it right, which I'm hoping they do if they want this show to be a hit.

jaylop97

Staff member
My favorite character so far is Saraline I find her as a good character she is both serious and child like at the same time. Usually I don't really like characters like those because I never can get their motives but she does a good job representing that character trait.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts