"Welcome to the Wayne" Discussion

kanc

since you bumped this thread, I really wish Nick USA should try to finish Welcome to the Wayne, given to the fact that Nick hasn't had new episodes since last September! And currently Nicktoons USA isn't even airing Welcome to the Wayne reruns anymore

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
WHY can't it??? Can't Nicktoons air new Welcome to the Wayne episodes after midnight, given the fact they don't think the show will have any better ratings??

kanc

Nickelodeon has so much history of leaving many animated shows unaired for most months or years due to low ratings, which wasn't good for Nick expectations. Even if ratings has nothing to do, I think it's clear Nick USA never really cared for Welcome to the Wayne at all (ratings had been low 1 mil viewers average)

Nick Mick

OK, I know all this history of Nick trashing nicktoons to... NickToons!, but couldn't they evne air the episodes and a time slot NOBODY sees them, because they think they won't get better ratings??!!?

Also, I think the biggest frustrations are Robot and Monster, where unlike most countries like Greece, where the show aired as a whole at once, it took the network 3 YEARS to end the show, with the original run of most episodes on Nick being half a year, and a single episode STILL LEFT (but hey, as long as the show was released at a time complete DVD releases were still a thing...), and Pig Goat Banana Cricket, which is a lot like R&M (except if you want to count a pre-premiere renewal for a second season that aired on Nicktoons, except three episodes that god knows when the network will decide to air them).

kanc

OK, I know all this history of Nick trashing nicktoons to... NickToons!, but couldn't they evne air the episodes and a time slot NOBODY sees them, because they think they won't get better ratings??!!?

Also, I think the biggest frustrations are Robot and Monster, where unlike most countries like Greece, where the show aired as a whole at once, it took the network 3 YEARS to end the show, with the original run of most episodes on Nick being half a year, and a single episode STILL LEFT (but hey, as long as the show was released at a time complete DVD releases were still a thing...), and Pig Goat Banana Cricket, which is a lot like R&M (except if you want to count a pre-premiere renewal for a second season that aired on Nicktoons, except three episodes that god knows when the network will decide to air them).
I think we're getting off topic about why rest other shows are unaired
https://toonzone.net/forums/threads/nick-has-lots-of-unaired-episodes.5423601/page-11

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
At this point, they should just cut their losses and put the rest of the season online. At least then, it'll be publicly accessible, because I frankly don't think it'll get a chance to air on TV if they were hesitant to air new Loud Houses.

Why haven't they by now, anyway? Any hype the show initially had is long dead by now, to the point where when it does return (whenever that is), the fandom will basically start over from scratch.

I really have to wonder if they are actually going through with that 'bomb format' thing brought up a few pages ago (which is literally the only thing that's making me keep even a little hope BTW). And if so, why wait this long? It doesn't do the property any benefits.

Last edited:

kanc

At this point, they should just cut their losses and put the rest of the season online. At least then, it'll be publicly accessible, because I frankly don't think it'll get a chance to air on TV if they were hesitant to air new Loud Houses.

Why haven't they by now, anyway? Any hype the show initially had is long dead by now, to the point where when it does return (whenever that is), the fandom will basically start over from scratch.

I really have to wonder if they are actually going through with that 'bomb format' thing brought up a few pages ago (which is literally the only thing that's making me keep even a little hope BTW). And if so, why wait this long? It doesn't do the property any benefits.
Nick was NOT hesitant to air new Loud House on TV, since it was popular. they had been rescheduled for unknown reasons.

Last edited:

Nick Mick

LOL, Season 2 is about to premiere internationally, and Nick USA hasn't even aired the second half of season 1!!!!

moose_tracks12

At this point, we can just assume the rest of Season 1 and Season 2 will premiere exclusively on Nicktoons. Either that, or the remaining episodes will be posted on Nick's website and the app.

jaylop97

Staff member
As usual if they wanted to I'm sure Nick would have already bombed the rest of the show, but for whatever reason they have chosen not to do so for reasons that are unknown, I doubt it's ratings anymore because most other shows have gone below a million and managed to continue airing while this show stayed above a million for most of its temporary airtime, and if they wanted to move it to Nicktoons they would have done it by now.

Toon4Thought

At this point, we can just assume the rest of Season 1 and Season 2 will premiere exclusively on Nicktoons. Either that, or the remaining episodes will be posted on Nick's website and the app.
If either of those were the plan though, I get the feeling they would have done so months ago though. It's hit the point where I'm legit wondering if the current management is even aware of the show's existence and if the show will ever even return to the US.

As usual if they wanted to I'm sure Nick would have already bombed the rest of the show, but for whatever reason they have chosen not to do so for reasons that are unknown, I doubt it's ratings anymore because most other shows have gone below a million and managed to continue airing while this show stayed above a million for most of its temporary airtime, and if they wanted to move it to Nicktoons they would have done it by now.
Exactly, if they haven't put them on Nicktoons, the app/website, or some other place they would have done so by now. So the question is: will the rest of the series even become legally accessible in the US at all, at least before production is completely wrapped up thus making it no longer matter? I'd really hate to know how the crew probably feels, having no fans to give them support or feedback to work with.

Shockingly, this isn't even a new thing for Nick. Apparently Chalkzone aired its first episode in 1999. The rest of the season aired in 2002. And that show somehow got four seasons. In an odd way, that kind of makes me feel a little better about this, if anything because it means Wayne isn't a one-of-a-kind case.

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nick aired the pilot episodes of ChalkZone as shorts during Oh Yeah! Cartoons between 1998-99. As they proved popular, Nick commissioned a full series, which later debuted in 2002. However, Nick took over three years to air season 4 of ChalkZone - ChalkZone - Wikipedia

Toon4Thought

Nick aired the pilot episodes of ChalkZone as shorts during Oh Yeah! Cartoons between 1998-99. As they proved popular, Nick commissioned a full series, which later debuted in 2002. However, Nick took over three years to air season 4 of ChalkZone - ChalkZone - Wikipedia
But the first season of the actual series - not the Oh Yeah shorts - was reportedly produced in 1999 (and is copyrighted 2000), with some sources claiming the first episode aired on New Years Eve 1999 as a sneak peek.

Eldorado

This is going to sound weird but...do you think the higher-ups at Nick are actually AWARE of what happened to Welcome To The Wayne and as far as they know they series is still airing?

Eldorado

The only Wayne content I've seen lately has been posted by Nick Animation.

Welcome To The Wayne has its own Instagram account and it's been posting even after this hiatus started. Makes me wonder if the higher-ups at Nickelodeon even KNOWS about the show not airing any episodes (new or otherwise).

countbleckk

We're Gonna Need a Bigger Cup
Welcome to the Wassermans'
An Olly-Day Miracle!
That's Squidjit Bowling
We're the Wayniacs
Curious Brains of the Brain
Wiles Styles You Over
The Best Buddy I Never Had
Some Sort of Bad Luck Curse
Whoever Controls the Wayne, Controls the World

The wait is nearly over, and I’m just as excited as every other fan anticipating its return. However, because it’s not airing in the US or any other place that we have easy access to, the wait may have to be a little longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts