Welcome to the new Warner Bros. Club!

Brian Cruz

Surf's Up
I'd also like to point out that Romey and I have moved several threads from the old WBC into this new one, and we don't mind if you bring back an old thread, as long as it's not totally outdated (like "Wakko's Wish debuts CN this weekend", for example). In fact, I may bump a few up myself...

Keeper

Brian Cruz said:
I'd also like to point out that Romey and I have moved several threads from the old WBC into this new one, and we don't mind if you bring back an old thread, as long as it's not totally outdated (like "Wakko's Wish debuts CN this weekend", for example). In fact, I may bump a few up myself...

Egad, bumping up old threads... Might be scary to see how one wrote in the past. Could be ugly. You don't want to be bumpin' uglies in a public forum, surely ...

Bubba

freungointenlayvenshoil!
It's been a long, long time since I posted something on toonzone. I'm glad to see the WBC's here along with some folks I recognize from way back!

princesskailee

Just a bit of a princess
Now I realize that this is an "old" thread, but I wanted to add to it.

Oddly enough, this is the stuff I grew up on. (Now I'm in college - don't I feel old!)

OK, I totally remember Earthworm Jim...in fact, the creator (Doug TenNapel) is from my area! If you ever see a "Modestoe" or a "Terlawk" mentioned, I live in Modesto, and Turlock is about 15 minutes away, and is about halfway between Modesto and TenNapel's hometown of Denair!

NEwho, this seems like a faboo board to get involved in, and I'm super glad I found it!

Madelynne

Dante Bunny

PK ROCKIN!!!
princesskailee said:
Now I realize that this is an "old" thread, but I wanted to add to it.

Oddly enough, this is the stuff I grew up on. (Now I'm in college - don't I feel old!)

OK, I totally remember Earthworm Jim...in fact, the creator (Doug TenNapel) is from my area! If you ever see a "Modestoe" or a "Terlawk" mentioned, I live in Modesto, and Turlock is about 15 minutes away, and is about halfway between Modesto and TenNapel's hometown of Denair!

NEwho, this seems like a faboo board to get involved in, and I'm super glad I found it!

Madelynne

Wow! The creator of Earthworm Jim is in your area? hehehe, lucky you. ;) Anyway, you'll fit right in. :) I hope you enjoy it. ^^

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
I just had a thought as to why this forum doesn't get much attention: Maybe if Nick would actually AIR Tiny Toons and Animaniacs at decent hours, then we could watch them and have something to talk about.

Pilmedium

semi-off topic explanation/comparison

Tiny Toon Adventures gets the 6am hour on weekend mornings. Cartoon Network now restricts something to exactly the same time slot, and just as little recognition is given to those showings. However, the classic Looney Tunes cartoons no longer have decent time slots, but they still get more attention than the "Weekend mornings at 6" cartoons do. The point is that bad time slots are only one of the factors in determining how much attention is given. Does Nickelodeon even air Animaniacs at all?

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Does Nickelodeon even air Animaniacs at all?
Not anymore. But they used to be on at 6/5c AM on weekends, the same slot that Tiny Toons now fills. You're right, though, Nick doesn't promote Tiny Toons AT ALL. Not once have I seen an ad for the show since it started airing again in 2002. There might have been a few BEFORE it started again, but once it started, it sank into constant program shuffles.

Spyro

Oh my god!

I'm back. I'm home. All the time, I was away for 2 years. I remember my sign in password.

WHAT UP, PEOPLES??!! The Dragon is back!!!:eek:

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Tiny Toons wasn't on at its usual time this morning at 8 AM on Nick West. Guess what was in its place? The borefest that is CatDog. I now know for sure that the Nick scheduling department is screwed up in the head. :mad:

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Ah yes, life is good. Our apartment just got extended digital cable installed, which includes... guess what... NICKTOONS TV! So now I don't have to complain about Tiny Toons being off the air, because it isn't! And I got to see Animaniacs tonight too, which I haven't seen in a good year! Man, if only I got this channel at home... :)

Nftnat

professor/historian/chronicler
Speaking of moving up old threads, does this one count, seeing that it's pegged, or whatever the term is? Well, enough of that, down to business.

Cut to some rapping Warners in business suits with pie charts, bar graphs, etc.

Maybe I should rephrase that. Come to think of it, considering that Wakko just ate the pie charts, never mind.

Folks, here's the reason I'm posting on this thread: this will be my 700th post on these boards. I think I racked up over 400 posts on the old boards. I could think of no place more apropoo for a landmark post than here, the place where it all began, 6 years ago.

It was 1999. I was a young adult who thought himself too old for cartoons. I had just completed college and had wondered at college colleagues who were into Ren & Stimpy. I'm still wondering about that, btw. I was just starting to re-discover cartoons. Our cable system had finally started to air a de-scrambled Cartoon Network, and I was starting to take notes on Cow & Chicken, and Rocky & Bullwinkle; a weird pair of shows to start with if there ever was one. I was also finding it hard to escape those Animaniacs commercials on CN ("I've got to potty!" "Somebody sounded the cute alarm." "Shine your head for a quarter.").

At about the same time, 4 years after discovering the internet at college, I was exploring the WWW, seeing what online friendships I could find, what entertainment - other than wrestling title histories - I could find. Somewhere along the way I found the website of Bryan 'Wilford B. Wolf' Chaney. His Reluctant Toon introduced me to the concept of fanfic and remains one of my all-time favorites.

Wanting more, I went majorly into link-following. I read every fanfic I could find and still I wanted more. Meanwhile I decided to check out those Animaniacs on CN. Once I did that there was no turning back. Everything Animaniacs, everything Tiny Toons, that I could find, I devoured. No, not like Wakko would, more like Bookworm would. I found the newsgroups, joined the Tiny Toon Adventures Fanfic message board fan community, anything I could find. And I rediscovered my love for the Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies as well.

While I was looking for something, anything, Warner toon-related; I found Colin's WB schedules, which kept me up to date on what was going on, sort of. I also found some links on that site, one of which was to Brian Cruz's WBC. I clicked on that link, and my life was never the same.

It was so beautiful I cried with happiness; I felt that I had come home! There were one or two members I recognized from elsewhere, like Will aka Psycho Fox from Eric42's old terra-online Tiny Toons site. I made so many friends. Most of the people who've already posted on this topic were there, as were Jack the Super Rabbit, Sharklady, The Cute One, Penrose, Mad Hatter, the legendary Dr. BELCH, Dot, and so many others.

I must have been quite the naive noob at the time, but - and this is what really got me in here to stay - y'all willingly overlooked that, and you welcomed this noob into the fold as one of your own. I missed so much from coming in so late - Earthworm Jim and the Convert Or Die sketch come readily to mind - but I also gained so much from coming in when I did. I managed to tape Road Rovers the very last time that CN aired that show. I finally came around on Freakazoid on CN, but had to settle for the Nick bastardized version of P&tB. I continue to keep the vigil waiting for Warner and Spielberg to get together on DVD releases.

As time went by and more & more forums were added, I was one of those who stayed true to the WB roots, although much of the time I have been in lurk mode. I made extended forays into other areas - fanfiction.net, the southern gospel boards, the Hey Arnold! forums, Space Rovers, etc. - but I have always come back to these boards. When the current version of the boards went up, I was one of those asked to make test posts, and I was proud to do it.

World's Finest, Nicktoons, Adult Swim, Anime; the old toonzone has definitely grown up. Our old friend CN, while no longer a haven for the toons we grew up loving, watches us as much as we watch it. Interviews with powers in animation are regular features. With membership in the thousands, a counter in the millions, and a name that has split in two; what we now call Toon Zone has become one of the powers in the animation industry and feedback to same. We've seen it all - well, I've been here to see some of it.

Landmarks tend to make me nostalgic, so on this my 700th post, I think it only right that I take a moment - would you believe an hour at work? - and look back at how & where it all began, with the Warner Brothers Club, the WBC.

Live long & prosper, WBC-toonzone. May you continue to grow and may we continue to talk for 700 more posts, at least. And now, if I may release my inner Freakazoid for a moment.

HOYL! Look at, what did it, I, with the posting, and the hundred of sevens, in the club I am!, what with the marks of landing, and the back looking, oh nice & chubby baby! Huggbees!

Expect the next looking back in landmarks post at #800, or maybe 750. WBC / toonzone forever!

Buster Bunny

Certified Rabbitologist
So you want publishing rights to that ^ novel? :sweat: I'm just kiddin! I love Toonzone as well, so many people drop by and talk about all the things I love to watch. May TZ live for many many years to come! And may animators/voice actors/writers/directors/ and all continue to come to TZ to spread some light on the toons we love. :)

sun

You stay, I go
A most rediculous idea.Ok so what else is new?

As I watched Ice Age, and Ice Age the Meltdown, I noticed as did all the Warners Fans, that many, oh so many of the gags, and even that stupd squirl were direct take offs of the Warners Great Toons..The Scrat even looks like Wiley (I am sure he is suppoed to too)...anyway, how about making Ice Age an honorary member,not full privilleges of course of the Club?/ 20th Century Fox never really did many good cartoons,,,,, and even then, ..But the people that made Ice Age, Blue Sky,,,,,,,,,,, are our newest coharts.......How about it?,,,,,,,,,,,,Stuart

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SuperWonderBad

Warner Bross, i love it!

The looney toons were alway's an example for my cartoondrawings. And Warner Bross made exiting movies also, like the matrix,...

Bud i always hated this signatur:

"THAT'S ALL FOKES!":sad: :sad:

Babs-fan

Warner for life.

Hi!
I aways loved WB works^^ Specially Bugs Bunny and Tiny Toons^^ It fells nice having cool forums like this one around^^ Great job everyone.
See yah.

Babs-fan

Just to think about...

Hi!
There are many series from 80s which don´t have fan content on the Internet, one of them is Bill&Ted: Exelent Adventures which unfortunatelly I got only info about the movies. I´m really happy with the dedication of the fans who keep the spirit of series like Bugs Bunny, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs alive. Again great job everyone^^ I wish to start a forum totally dedicated about Tiny Toons but I still wonder who would want to join... Besides me there´s a person who will surelly take the invitation.
See yah.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Despite the tepid reception, I actually enjoyed seeing Argylle in the cinema.
Shania Twain > Taylor Swift. That is all.
I wish the internet would quit pushing sites like Temu and Shein onto me. I can't stand them, for numerous reasons.
I almost forgot to mention, but I'm doing another Media Brackets competition

X-Men '97 is good so far, but don't forget that angst does not automatically equal depth. Just adding swears and piling on cheap tragedies doesn't instantly make your work deep or mature.

Featured Posts