Welcome to the Disney Animation Forum!

SNS

I disagree, Goliath deserves to be center stage. After all, many Disney fans consider Gargoyles to be the best series that Disney ever made.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
SNS said:
I disagree, Goliath deserves to be center stage. After all, many Disney fans consider Gargoyles to be the best series that Disney ever made.

It may be one of the best shows Disney ever made as far as animated drama is concerned, but you don't see Goliath's wings as the symbol of the Disney Channel, do you? Mickey Mouse is the most recognized cartoon character in the entire world, so how can he not be center on the Disney Animation banner?

Wanted

Toonmaster
Just stop whining. Just be lucky that Mickey is on there at all. Brian probably worked his tail off making that. I know I couldn't do something like that! Maybe you could do it better, huh?

The Detective

Tommy Lawson said:
It may be one of the best shows Disney ever made as far as animated drama is concerned, but you don't see Goliath's wings as the symbol of the Disney Channel, do you? Mickey Mouse is the most recognized cartoon character in the entire world, so how can he not be center on the Disney Animation banner?
Really guys, the logo isn't worth fighting over. Brian all ready said he couldn't find a good easy to cut out image of Mickey. At least Mickey is on the logo, and look at it this way, all the Gargoyle fans are happy. ;)

Nelson

KrAzY KaT has been found
Welcome to the Toon Zone family, as I was an old member of the original Disney board, as it was so much fun.Now that Disney is releasing their classic cartoon library on dvd, what better way to celebrate than having the Disney Encyclopedia here at Toon Zone. :donald:

Random

Circle
Welcome Euty. As a Cafe Society regular I can't tell you how weird it is to see you with so few posts and sportin' such a newbie registration date.

Anyway this looks like a real fun forum. How cool!

Eutychus

Random said:
Welcome Euty. As a Cafe Society regular I can't tell you how weird it is to see you with so few posts and sportin' such a newbie registration date.

Anyway this looks like a real fun forum. How cool!

Ah, another doper! Welcome! See if you can corral everybody else over here! :D

Jave

Beware of the SPLAT
Staff member
Reporter
The Detective said:
Really guys, the logo isn't worth fighting over. Brian all ready said he couldn't find a good easy to cut out image of Mickey. At least Mickey is on the logo, and look at it this way, all the Gargoyle fans are happy. ;)

Agree. There's no need to fight for the logo, it's nice as it is, and I understand Brian put a lot of work in it. Besides, as long as Donald is in it (which he is), is AOK for me. :donald:

- Javier :chilly:

Ferquin

I ♥ Princess Peach!
Don't mind me. I'm not a regular here. I just wanted to point out that your ad has a major spelling error.

disneyshorts.gif

STASHONE

MF Toon
I have a question regarding the website...

This is a quote taken from the main page:

"if you get lost along the way or want to see an overview of the complete site, there is a "Site Map" key at the top of each page to re-orient yourself."

Maybe I'm really stupid but other than the "Site Map" or "Search" fields, how else do you access the contents of this site? Am I missing a main page or something cause I've never seen a site entrance link or a start page... I've always just gone straight to the "Site Map" to navigate through. I'm only posting this because Im curious to know, based on that quote which leads me to believe there might possibly be a main page link, whether Ive been missing something all along?

H

Hyper Fox Tails

I love Disney

STASHONE said:
Nice, I was a member of the old Teemings forums before they bit the dust.

Yea that was then this is Now Stashone and see back at the BCDB, It is about time that disney fans have thier own forum and I can't wait for the Loin King special edition comes out in Oct !

Hyper Fox Tails!

Eutychus

STASHONE said:
I have a question regarding the website...

This is a quote taken from the main page:

"if you get lost along the way or want to see an overview of the complete site, there is a "Site Map" key at the top of each page to re-orient yourself."

Maybe I'm really stupid but other than the "Site Map" or "Search" fields, how else do you access the contents of this site? Am I missing a main page or something cause I've never seen a site entrance link or a start page... I've always just gone straight to the "Site Map" to navigate through. I'm only posting this because Im curious to know, based on that quote which leads me to believe there might possibly be a main page link, whether Ive been missing something all along?

I tried to explain that on the front page. It's difficult to set up navigation on a site like this because of the extreme amount of information and number of pages. So, each 'short' page is linked to the next separated by indexes for each year. You can also go to an index where each short is listed alphabetically. Links for these are on the front page and the site map page.

It's really the best way I've found to do it, although I'm always open to suggestions if anyone has a better way.

STASHONE

MF Toon
Eutychus said:
I tried to explain that on the front page. It's difficult to set up navigation on a site like this because of the extreme amount of information and number of pages. So, each 'short' page is linked to the next separated by indexes for each year. You can also go to an index where each short is listed alphabetically. Links for these are on the front page and the site map page.

It's really the best way I've found to do it, although I'm always open to suggestions if anyone has a better way.

No thats fine, I've always liked the site format, I was just curious if I was missing something...

zorinlynx

I must say I like the logo too, for several reasons:

1) It's nice to see a lesser known, but still awesome, Disney character getting the spotlight. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing Mickey everywhere. Sure, he's Disney's logo and most famous character, but what recent productions have starred Mickey? Not many, and most of the ones that DO star him aren't all that great. Seeing Goliath, Stitch, and Nemo+Dory in there places emphasis on newer animation.

2) I think it's cute the way Goliath and Ariel look like they're holding hands. }:)

3) Having Nemo and Dory in there sorta legitimizes the discussion of Pixar animation here.

That's my three cents. Of course, as a Lion King fan I woulda liked to see Simba or Nala in there, but.. you can't make all of the people completely happy all of the time. };)

-Zorin

Javeman said:
Agree. There's no need to fight for the logo, it's nice as it is, and I understand Brian put a lot of work in it. Besides, as long as Donald is in it (which he is), is AOK for me. :donald:

- Javier :chilly:

Yamal

Hello everyone!

Hello Toonzone.net people. My name is Yamal, and I'm a 26 years old anime and cartoons male fan. I hope to enjoy your company around here. Thanks a lot. ^__^

zorinlynx

By the way, I just noticed a cute little ferret like thing to the left of Ariel's head in the forum logo. Who is this little guy, and what movie was he in? He's cute!!

Pardon me for being totally clueless, but even as a Disney fan I can't see EVERYTHING they put out, so I must have missed this character. }:)

-Z

SNS

zorinlynx said:
By the way, I just noticed a cute little ferret like thing to the left of Ariel's head in the forum logo. Who is this little guy, and what movie was he in? He's cute!!
That's Rufus from the tv series "Kim Possible".

zorinlynx

Ahh, thanks for the info. I have yet to see this show, despite it being mentioned here often!

I'll have to check it out someday. }:)

-Z

SNS said:
That's Rufus from the tv series "Kim Possible".

Gatchagirl

Hi

I'm new here. I wonder what took me so long
to come here. I'm a big Kim Possible fan and its my
niece's fault. lol. I work in a company doing children's
license so if you want any spoiler info on Disney's
The Incredibles, Chicken Little or The Wild I can post
a few tit bits with spoiler warnings.

And I'm not surprised to see so many Gargoyle fans.
Personally I never got into it but it will be fun to
read up on it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts