"We Baby Bears" News & Discussion Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A TV movie called We Bare Bears: The Movie is coming next year. A baby bears spin-off is also in development.
Currently in production, “We Bare Bears the Movie” will follow the stackable bear bros as their love of food trucks and internet fame leads to a bit of unexpected mayhem. Grizz (Eric Edelstein), Panda (Bobby Moynihan) and Ice Bear (Demetri Martin) will find themselves having to go on a wild, dangerous and likely hilarious adventure to escape a foe who threatens to tear them apart. The TV movie is slated for a 2020 premiere.

While the adult bears are prepping for a feature-length adventure, a spinoff based on the Baby Bears is also in development at Cartoon Network.

Related thread:
- We Bare Bears "News & Discussion Thread"

Action!

I saw that spin off coming too. I'm excited for the We Bare Bears movie. It's one of the better shows on Cartoon Network.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
This doesn't seem to surprise me a bit, it's good that they having a TV film in a similar vein of SU and RS and a spin-off (although i was already aware of the spin-off since Trademarkia had listed the spin-off there (See: WE BABY BARE BEARS Trademark of The Cartoon Network, Inc. Serial Number: 88210724 :: Trademarkia Trademarks), however i'm a bit disappointed that there haven't been any news for a 5th season (Not yet), i'm assuming that with no new info on season 5, i'm guessing that the TV film, will (and possibly) be the last thing of the show before devolving into a Baby Bear-Themed Spin-off, Not that i have something against the Baby Bears, aside from appearing in more in later episodes than the older ones, but i'm guessing Asia had made they more money than other shows that had tried and it's popularity pretty much summarizes this.

Zorak Masaki

Not sure I like the idea of the main series being turfed for a baby bears spinoff. Part of the fun of the adult bears episodes is the ensemble cast (ie, Charlie, Tabes, Nom Nom, Chloe). Since the story of the Baby Bears is them trying to find a home, they usually just encounter one-shot characters. That said, have they ever done an episode where we find out how the bears met each other and became friends?

Corwin Haught

This Baby Bears news reminds me of that bit from the Sam & Max cartoon about the "soft, marketable, baby versions" of the title characters.

Zorak Masaki

If they do replace WBB with Baby Bears, it'll be the first time (at least in a while) that none of the CN shows star adult protagonists (though I'm not sure about Unikitty).

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
New trademarks for "We Baby Bears" have been filed.
trademark.png

Expect an announcement (title + premiere window) within the next... I think... four to six months?

Zorak Masaki

I wonder if this Baby bears cartoon will also have younger versions of some of the supporting cast like Tabes, Charlie, Nom Nom, etc.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I wonder if this Baby bears cartoon will also have younger versions of some of the supporting cast like Tabes, Charlie, Nom Nom, etc.
The bears only meet these characters when they are adults. I suppose We Baby Bears will have new side characters :)

However, they could make episodes with just Charlie and young Tabes, and none of the bears.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
They look so... ugly :(

We Baby Bears follows Grizz, Panda, and Ice Bear as babies, who use their cardboard box to travel through imaginative new worlds, trying to find a place they can call home. Each episode will bring them to a new fantastical world, with familiar characters in each one.

Sooo... We Bare Bears meets Calvin and Hobbes meets anime?

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
They look so... ugly :(

I wouldn't exactly call it Ugly, but rather odd, and i wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go with a more animesque than the series original artstyle.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I'm sorry, but this looks even worse than I anticipated.

Also, is this going to be a preschool show? Because that synopsis sounds like a recipe for an age 2-7 demographic.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think that the bears look adorable. It's a different art style from the original series, but that might help to make the show stand out more from the regular Baby Bear episodes.

I wasn't even sure if this spin-off was still in the works considering there hasn't been any news about it since it was announced. The setup sounds cute, although it's still kind of weird to go with a prequel spin-off when we know that the bears do eventually find a home. I still wish that they could have done something with Ice Bear reuniting with Yuri before the original show ended, but this still sounds cute.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts