We Bare Bears "News & Discussion Thread"

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Just because it's huge in Asia, doesn't mean it's doing bad elsewhere. It's doing fine in many other countries. It has more international appeal than Family Guy, American Dad and PPG 2016 ever had.

Since they didn't announce season 5, the series is probably over. I doubt they want 2 WBB series at the same time!
Not sure I like the idea of the main series being turfed for a baby bears spinoff. Part of the fun of the adult bears episodes is the ensemble cast (ie, Charlie, Tabes, Nom Nom, Chloe). Since the story of the Baby Bears is them trying to find a home, they usually just encounter one-shot characters. That said, have they ever done an episode where we find out how the bears met each other and became friends?
That will probably be the first episode of We Baby Bear Bears.

I'll miss Chloe, Tables and even Charlie too.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
A TV movie called We Bare Bears: The Movie is coming next year. A baby bears spin-off is also in development.

No, no, no. Sorry, not to sound rude, but I think a spinoff series is a terrible idea. There have already been WAY too many Baby Bears episodes in the regular series, what warrants a spinoff? As I've said before, the Baby Bears episodes used to be heartwarming and endearing; now they're just more "adventure of the week" stories, and I fear this spinoff will bring absolutely nothing new to the table. Besides, Sam Lavagnino is already 12; I highly doubt he'll be able to do the voice of Baby Grizz for much longer. I know that they could always recast, but Lavagnino has such a distinct voice and he really made the character for me, so it's going to be super weird not hearing him in a year or so.

A movie sounded cool at first...but then I read the plot, and considering it sounds like nothing is really going to happen, I'm wary. Plus, I didn't think "Captain Craboo" was all that great, so I'm not sure if the series is something that belongs in a format longer than eleven minutes.

And honestly, and this is just my opinion, I feel like the series doesn't really need much more closure anyway. 140 episodes is plenty in my mind, and certainly enough for Cartoon Network to show reruns throughout the day. I'd want more episodes if the show kept trying new things or did something to keep it fresh, but unfortunately, I feel like the episodes (especially the ones in season four) are very "samey." They're not bad per se, but they're nothing that I would go out of my way to watch. The Amazing World of Gumball had over 200 episodes, but I felt like that show could go on for that long because it continued being funny, taking risks and exploring new characters and places, something I just don't see WBB doing anytime soon. Yes, there's a lot of world-building to be done in this show, but I guess I'm one person not too interested in seeing it.

Sorry for being so negative, but this is how I feel. I know the show is popular in other places and I'm not angry about its popularity or anything like that. It's awesome that the fans are getting more material even if there is no season five, but I'm personally not hyped about it. While there are certainly a few "diamond in the rough" episodes airing coming out currently, most new episodes are nothing spectacular in my eyes. And I'm not trying to come off as an ignorant, ranting troll in this post. I used to love this show, but I fell out of touch with it around mid-season two when I felt the stories were getting sort of lame (not all, of course, "Yuri and the Bear" was fantastic.) So, apologies again for being a bit of a "negative Nellie" here; this news sort of struck a nerve with me. But, who knows? Maybe the show will surprise me and do something really amazing with the movie and spinoff series and I'll take back everything that I said. :)

Last edited:

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
No, no, no. Sorry, not to sound rude, but I think a spinoff series is a terrible idea. There have already been WAY too many Baby Bears episodes in the regular series, what warrants a spinoff? As I've said before, the Baby Bears episodes used to be heartwarming and endearing; now they're just more "adventure of the week" stories, and I fear this spinoff will bring absolutely nothing new to the table. Besides, Sam Lavagnino is already 12; I highly doubt he'll be able to do the voice of Baby Grizz for much longer. I know that they could always recast, but Lavagnino has such a distinct voice and he really made the character for me, so it's going to be super weird not hearing him in a year or so.

A movie sounded cool at first...but then I read the plot, and considering it sounds like nothing is really going to happen, I'm wary. Plus, I didn't think "Captain Craboo" was all that great, so I'm not sure if the series is something that belongs in a format longer than eleven minutes.

And honestly, and this is just my opinion, I feel like the series doesn't really need much more closure anyway. 140 episodes is plenty in my mind, and certainly enough for Cartoon Network to show reruns throughout the day. I'd want more episodes if the show kept trying new things or did something to keep it fresh, but unfortunately, I feel like the episodes (especially the ones in season four) are very "samey." They're not bad per se, but they're nothing that I would go out of my way to watch. The Amazing World of Gumball had over 200 episodes, but I felt like that show could go on for that long because it continued being funny, taking risks and exploring new characters and places, something I just don't see WBB doing anytime soon. Yes, there's a lot of world-building to be done in this show, but I guess I'm one person not too interested in seeing it.

Sorry for being so negative, but this is how I feel. I know the show is popular in other places and I'm not angry about its popularity or anything like that. It's awesome that the fans are getting more material even if there is no season five, but I'm personally not hyped about it. While there are certainly a few "diamond in the rough" episodes airing coming out currently, most new episodes are nothing spectacular in my eyes. And I'm not trying to come off as an ignorant, ranting troll in this post. I used to love this show, but I fell out of touch with it around mid-season two when I felt the stories were getting sort of lame (not all, of course, "Yuri and the Bear" was fantastic.) So, apologies again for being a bit of a "negative Nellie" here; this news sort of struck a chord with me. But, who knows? Maybe the show will surprise me and do something really amazing with the movie and spinoff series and I'll take back everything that I said. :)
Well in long story short (TL;DR), neither of us "Warranted" anything beside some of us, were aware of it.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I’m happy for the show’s success, wherever it comes from. The show’s not bad actually, it just doesn’t have much that’ll keep my interest. I can understand the appeal of having the bears being babies and having globetrotting adventures, I think it’ll make a great series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium

Sorry for being so negative, but this is how I feel. I know the show is popular in other places and I'm not angry about its popularity or anything like that. It's awesome that the fans are getting more material even if there is no season five, but I'm personally not hyped about it. While there are certainly a few "diamond in the rough" episodes airing coming out currently, most new episodes are nothing spectacular in my eyes. And I'm not trying to come off as an ignorant, ranting troll in this post. I used to love this show, but I fell out of touch with it around mid-season two when I felt the stories were getting sort of lame (not all, of course, "Yuri and the Bear" was fantastic.) So, apologies again for being a bit of a "negative Nellie" here; this news sort of struck a nerve with me. But, who knows? Maybe the show will surprise me and do something really amazing with the movie and spinoff series and I'll take back everything that I said. :)
I'm pretty sure that what is said about the movie isn't the plot. It's the most generic text ever. They always say that when they describe WBB, no? Don't let a random text like that ruin your hopes for the movie.

I'm pretty sure they will introduce new things in the spin-off. Otherwise they wouldn't bother making it, eh!

I personally would have preferred 60 more episodes, a movie and no spin-off, oh well...

The origin webcomic The Three Bare Bears featured baby bears. (or at least younger looking bears).

Reactions: RainbowCupcake

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I haven't caught up with the series for awhile, but I'm glad that it's doing well enough for a movie and a spin-off series. A movie sounds pretty cool. I have some mixed feelings on the spin-off. The baby bear episodes are usually pretty cute with some heartwarming moments, but I don't know how well they work as the basis for a whole series. The flashback episodes are nice every now and then to mix things up for the regular series. Plus, I'd feel kind of sad if they don't give We Bare Bears another season partly because of the spin-off approach, especially when a lot of the supporting cast wouldn't show up in the new series.

I'm sure that the spin-off will be cute and fun though. Maybe they'll finally lead up to how Ice Bear started to talk. That would be neat.

Reactions: RainbowCupcake

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Why? eventually before the spinoff, we might (not possibly saying when) get a episode where he learn to speak.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
That would be fine too. I just like the idea of seeing how and when Ice Bear started to talk, so I thought that they'd save that for the spin-off instead of in the regular series.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I wonder if they will start airing the Baby Bear episodes as part of the spin-off, like what happened with I Am Weasel and Evil Con Carne, and also Disney's Marsupilami, Bonkers and Shnookums & Meat.

Season 1
/
Season 2
1 The Island (36)
2 Baby Bears on a Plane (42)
3 Yuri and the Bear (43)
Season 3
4 $100 (55)
5 The Fair (65)
6 Bunnies (82)
7 Panda 2 (84)
8 Lazer Royale (86)
9 Bearz II Men (89)
10 Baby Bears Can't Jump (96)
Season 4
11 Teacher's Pet (98)
12 Paperboyz (100)
13 Lil' Squid (102)
14 Family Troubles (104)
15 Escandalosos (116)
16 Adopted (118)
17 Christmas Movies (121)
18 Imaginary Friend (122)
19 Ramen (125)
20 Baby Orphan Ninja Bears (128)
21 Sandcastle (133)
22 The Mummy's Curse (137)
23 Band of Outsiders (138)

(Wow, I have yet to see 11 of those episodes!)

There was on average 1 Baby Bears episode every 6 episodes!
I'm sure that the spin-off will be cute and fun though. Maybe they'll finally lead up to how Ice Bear started to talk. That would be neat.
He probably already learned to speak Russian off-screen.
Why? eventually before the spinoff, we might (not possibly saying when) get a episode where he learn to speak.
They finished the script for the movie on May 30th. They now have their hands full with animating it. Once that's over, they will be busy enough with We Baby Bear Bears, since it has to premiere in 2020. They didn't announce a 5th season, so it is safe to assume that We Bare Bears is over, for now. Maybe we'll get another season once We Baby Bear Bears ends, but I doubt We Bare Bears is popular enough for 2 series at the same time.

Last edited:

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
I sincerely doubt they're going to cancel We Bare Bears just for the spin-off. The show is quite popular in foreign countries, hence all the merchandise.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
I sincerely doubt they're going to cancel We Bare Bears just for the spin-off. The show is quite popular in foreign countries, hence all the merchandise.
The franchise isn't cancelled, it will still continue with the Baby Bears spin-off. There hasn't been a word on a season 5 for the main show, and I doubt the team would have the time to work on 3 things at once (The movie, the Baby Bears spin-off, and season 5).

Reactions: Red Arrow

Zorak Masaki

May 6, 2002
Visit site
If they do replace WBB with Baby Bears, it'll be the first time (at least in a while) that none of the CN shows star adult protagonists (though I'm not sure about Unikitty).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.