We Bare Bears "News & Discussion Thread"

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
A TV movie called We Bare Bears: The Movie is coming next year. A baby bears spin-off is also in development.
Currently in production, “We Bare Bears the Movie” will follow the stackable bear bros as their love of food trucks and internet fame leads to a bit of unexpected mayhem. Grizz (Eric Edelstein), Panda (Bobby Moynihan) and Ice Bear (Demetri Martin) will find themselves having to go on a wild, dangerous and likely hilarious adventure to escape a foe who threatens to tear them apart. The TV movie is slated for a 2020 premiere.

While the adult bears are prepping for a feature-length adventure, a spinoff based on the Baby Bears is also in development at Cartoon Network.

Action!

Jan 23, 2016
I saw that spin off coming too. I'm excited for the We Bare Bears movie. It's one of the better shows on Cartoon Network.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
So does that mean that regular We Bare Bears is over? No season 5?

The Baby Bears spin-off was expected, yeah, but the movie wasn't. Didn't expect that at all.

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
This doesn't seem to surprise me a bit, it's good that they having a TV film in a similar vein of SU and RS and a spin-off (although i was already aware of the spin-off since Trademarkia had listed the spin-off there (See: WE BABY BARE BEARS Trademark of The Cartoon Network, Inc. Serial Number: 88210724 :: Trademarkia Trademarks), however i'm a bit disappointed that there haven't been any news for a 5th season (Not yet), i'm assuming that with no new info on season 5, i'm guessing that the TV film, will (and possibly) be the last thing of the show before devolving into a Baby Bear-Themed Spin-off, Not that i have something against the Baby Bears, aside from appearing in more in later episodes than the older ones, but i'm guessing Asia had made they more money than other shows that had tried and it's popularity pretty much summarizes this.

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
I haven't kept up with this show in a while, but I'm glad that it's getting this much love from CN. It deserves it.
So does that mean that regular We Bare Bears is over? No season 5?

The Baby Bears spin-off was expected, yeah, but the movie wasn't. Didn't expect that at all.
That's a possibility. If that were the case, the movie may serve as the main series's conclusion.

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
I figured a spin-off of the baby bears would happen, but I didn't expect a movie. I know the show is very popular in other countries. And that's one thing that makes Cartoon Networks tactics better than Nickelodeon, looking at more than just the linear viewership on the main channel.

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
What's the movie about ?
Nothing much:

“We Bare Bears the Movie” will follow the stackable bear bros as their love of food trucks and internet fame leads to a bit of unexpected mayhem. Grizz, Panda and Ice Bear will find themselves having to go on a wild, dangerous and likely hilarious adventure to escape a foe who threatens to tear them apart.

I figured a spin-off of the baby bears would happen, but I didn't expect a movie. I know the show is very popular in other countries. And that's one thing that makes Cartoon Networks tactics better than Nickelodeon, looking at more than just the linear viewership on the main channel.
Except the only "other countries" that the show does well was Asia, due to having a strong merchandise of stuff associated to the show, no mentioned to other countries outside of Asia.

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
Actually there was a tweet that someone had just joined the staff so a Season 5 seems likely. I'd post it but it appears it was deleted.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
mattdeanart.com
Interesting. I kind of fell off of watching the show myself, but it's cool to see it gain enough traction to warrant a TV movie in general. Maybe it will be worth picking up again, especially if the main series is winding down in due time.

Zorak Masaki

May 6, 2002
Visit site
Not sure I like the idea of the main series being turfed for a baby bears spinoff. Part of the fun of the adult bears episodes is the ensemble cast (ie, Charlie, Tabes, Nom Nom, Chloe). Since the story of the Baby Bears is them trying to find a home, they usually just encounter one-shot characters. That said, have they ever done an episode where we find out how the bears met each other and became friends?

Reactions: ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
A TV movie called We Bare Bears: The Movie is coming next year. A baby bears spin-off is also in development.

I hope if the main series continues, that will be the end of the baby bears episodes as they go into the spin-off. They were cute at first, but now I'm just sick of them.

Reactions: Eldorado

Corwin Haught

Sep 14, 2013
This Baby Bears news reminds me of that bit from the Sam & Max cartoon about the "soft, marketable, baby versions" of the title characters.

ZanyLogic5

Dec 26, 2015
Florida, United States
So with this spinoff coming, would it be a little refreshing to go an alternate route by (instead of the bears searching for a home) having the baby bears actually live with someone and a cast of characters instead of one shots. To me, it'll allow more interesting stories to follow with a change in tone.

As for the movie, I expect the team to go all out on it since it'll require a huge expansion on what hasn't been established yet in the show, but definitely not to a degree where it hits non-canon territory. Yes, the plot will be self-contained and won't effect the continuity status. I'm just saying they might have to be as careful to not contradict or retcon something that was shown in past episodes, otherwise, the change will be unnecessary.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So with this spinoff coming, would it be a little refreshing to go an alternate route by (instead of the bears searching for a home) having the baby bears actually live with someone and a cast of characters instead of one shots. To me, it'll allow more interesting stories to follow with a change in tone.
Yeah but we know the adult bears live alone. I assume the conclusion of the adoption plot line was the bears decided they don't need anybody, they can take care of themselves.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
The TV movie I'm all for, but I'm a little iffy on the spinoff idea, if only because the main show has already made a good number of flashback episodes. It feels like too much has been done with the idea at this point to really warrant it, y'know?

Reactions: ShadowBeast

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.