We Bare Bears "News & Discussion Thread"

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
"inundated"? I think you're overreacting. There have been 17 baby bear episodes so far. (18 if you include that story from Charlie's Halloween Thing 2) There are 121 episodes in total.

So for every 20 episodes, there are about 3 baby bear episodes and 17 normal episodes. I think that's a nice ratio.
Take it from the perspective of someone who was binge-watching the show's premieres over the past year, whether on TV or the app. Whenever CN releases a new batch of episodes to watch for the week, there are multiple Baby Bear episodes during the batch. Viewers would call it "inundated" because it feels that way.

Reactions: 1 person

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Okay, I see your point. 2018 had 33 episodes. 9 (or 10) of them featured the baby bears.
2017 only had 5 baby bear episodes. 2016 only 3.

Our CN has yet to air most of season 4 (so far we only got episodes 6-8, 10 and 13-17), so I never realized the amount of baby bear episodes went up that much.

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
"inundated"? I think you're overreacting. There have been 17 baby bear episodes so far. (18 if you include that story from Charlie's Halloween Thing 2) There are 121 episodes in total.

So for every 20 episodes, there are about 3 baby bear episodes and 17 normal episodes. I think that's a nice ratio.

Also, I don't think the creators are trying to make this show cute. This isn't My Little Pony. They're just trying to tell fun stories and want to explore the bears' pasts.
No I see your point, too. Looking at the show as a whole, it doesn't seem like too much. But like @Daikun said, there's almost always at least one Baby Bears episode per batch of new episodes, so it feels like a lot. In addition to this, realize that season 1 of WBB only had two Baby Bears episodes (unless you consider "Burrito" as a Baby Bears episode as well). Season 4 has had six Baby Bears episodes already (8 if you count "Charlie's Halloween Thing" and the upcoming "Christmas Movies"), and it's not even over yet. They are definitely trying to increase the ratio from when the show first started, maybe due to the imminent change in the young voice actors' voices? I don't know.

Also, and this is just my personal opinion, I think that seventeen episodes is already too much. The Baby Bears episodes should be reserved for important moments in the Bears' childhoods, not just cute little fluff stories. In the beginning, I felt that the Baby Bears episodes were a little more meaningful; now a lot of them (but certainly not all) feel like filler just to show off how adorable the characters are. I know some will disagree, but that's just how I feel.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Sooo... why are there no new episode titles? Why is everyone so quiet?

I have this feeling that the show will end after 125 episodes (5x26) or after 130 episodes (like Clarence). We Baby Bare Bears could be season 5... Like Cow and Chicken season 5, which was nothing but I Am Weasel.

Or maybe I'm overreacting. However, once Gumball is over, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears will be the oldest current CN originals...

Last edited:

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
Sooo... why are there no new episode titles? Why is everyone so quiet?

I have this feeling that the show will end after 125 episodes (5x26) or after 130 episodes (like Clarence). We Baby Bare Bears could be season 5... Like Cow and Chicken season 5, which was nothing but I Am Weasel.

Or maybe I'm overreacting. However, once Gumball is over, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears will be the oldest current CN originals...
Is That a Theory? Plus There hadn't been anything new yet.

If Possible, they might be talking renewing the show for 6th (and possibly the last) season.
Only SU is the oldest since it came out in 2013, but it possibly won't be the oldest for that long since they might be finished once after the series film is released.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Only SU is the oldest since it came out in 2013, but it possibly won't be the oldest for that long since they might be finished once after the series film is released.
There have been multiple hints about Steven Universe season 6, including a picture.

Not so much for We Bare Bears season 5... No news about it :( Speculating about a possible sixth season is wishful thinking when we don't even know if there will be a fifth season.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Here is an interview that Daniel Chong took part in.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
So it's not going away anytime soon, that's good news :)

So much merchandise... I don't see any CN merchandise nowadays.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I don't see any merchandise in Belgium (it has been like this ever since Ben 10 got less popular), but I'm sure there is a lot in the USA. I see lots of stuff on Amazon :D I only dare to ship from the Netherlands and (rarely) the UK, but I would love to buy something with We Bare Bears or Craig of the Creek on it...

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
New episodes revealed for next month, including one with a special appearance by Estelle (aka Garnet!).

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016
Only four episodes of We Bare Bears in April in one day.
Cartoon Network Sprouts Fresh Crop of Episode Premieres for April | Animation Magazine

April 1 "Sandcastle" The Baby Bears build a giant sandcastle. But when some kids declare war on the Bears, they must fight to defend their new home.

"Bros in the City" The Bears star in a reality TV show along with Griff, Tom, and Isaac.

"Cousin Jon" When the Bears attend Chloe’s family reunion, they fall victim to the mischievous pranks of Chloe’s cousin, Jon.

"Lord of the Poppies" Grizz and the Poppy Rangers go camping on an island, but they soon find themselves deserted.

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
In Asia, WBB has become CN's Hello Kitty in terms of merchandising. Everyone (mostly girls) wants WBB plushes, or backpacks, or stickers, or tumblers, etc. Ending it against the creator's wish would be a huge mistake. They have a potential cash cow in their hands.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.