Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
So, I've been thinking. Do you think Boomerang will ever add any more shows to their service? I can think of so many shows they could add. Dynomutt, Space Ghost, The Herculoids, Captain Planet, SWAT Kats, Quick Draw McGraw, among others. Maybe even Dexter's Lab for those who can't afford HBO Max.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
I fear that won't be the case. They will add newer H-B and classic stuff to HBO Max only, while the Boomerang app will slowily die. They still keep updated Boomerang's social accounts like Facebook and Twitter, but the app itself doesn't get much attention like it used to

Reactions: RDG

Mandouga

Either way, we can't make assumptions. It is my hope that Boomerang will get better, but like I said before, if they want to keep people subscribing, they need to start adding more stuff. One thing is certain: they are likely at a crossroads of some kind, but admittedly, that's just how I see it.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
It is clear that WarnerMedia concentrates more on HBO Max now. They want to make that a more profitable and more diverse place, with a wider array of shows and movies than Boomerang. Soon, there will probably be no more need for Boomerang, which has less stuff.

That's how I see it.

Mandouga

I still say, let's wait for an announcement before everyone starts assuming that Boomerang is "doomed".

Look, daffyrocks, you're entitled to your opinion, but all I'm hearing from you is "They're going to discontinue Boomerang and move everything to HBO Max. Just you wait." You think everyone likes how Boomerang has been stalling for the last several months? We don't! And people around here think I assume the worst about things...

Let me put it this way: I believe in this service. Yes, you read that right. Having said that, maybe Boomerang will keep going, maybe everything will move to HBO Max, but until Warner Media (or whoever) says one way or the other, we all need to assume that Boomerang will keep going. It's as simple as that.

MatthewRC

And all four Cartoon Network original shows that are already on Boomerang (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, and The Life and Times of Juniper Lee) haven't been added to HBO Max yet.

Reactions: RDG

Moe

Nevermind - it was my mistake.

I can feel that AT&T abandoned Boomerang and DC Universe.

Last edited:

harry580

well why cant they just turn dc universe into a reading comics streaming service and fold boomerang into hbo max

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
New episode for Care Bears: Unlock the Magic is up now but nothing add everything to Boomerang.

I can feel that AT&T abandoned Boomerang and DC Universe.
Are you meaning the new episode is on the Boomerang TV channel? Because I just checked the app and the last episode listed is Snow-Verload.

Attachments

• 7359C016-B1EA-42A9-91FE-95E8393AFE4F.png
    7359C016-B1EA-42A9-91FE-95E8393AFE4F.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 147

lowell

well why cant they just turn dc universe into a reading comics streaming service and fold boomerang into hbo max
Honestly, they should also bring the comics library feature into HBO Max, consolidating DC Universe and Boomerang into the platform. That might get more people to see the current price's justifiable and could entice more people into subscribing,

Plus, since Cartoon Network's on Max already, it makes sense for its sister network to be joining them and the rest of the WarnerMedia family of brands on the service.

Moe

Are you meaning the new episode is on the Boomerang TV channel? Because I just checked the app and the last episode listed is Snow-Verload.

I just checked and UGH at recent email promotion by Boomerang app so made me think that we got new episodes but no, there aren't new episodes after I re-checked so last one was released last year, I think so.

Moe

New contents coming to Boomerang this November? Do y'all think that 30 more Garfield episodes between 1991-1993 will be added on Boomerang?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts