Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
This apparently went unnoticed, but VRV listed Volume 7 of Bunnicula, meaning that we'll be getting new episodes alongside the Grand Dad Flintstones explosion!

DonTrashRoom

NEW TO BOOM - MARCH 28, 2019
  • Bunnicula - NEW EPISODES (Volume 7) - 12 episodes
  • Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels - NEW SHOW - 40 episodes
  • Cave Kids - NEW SHOW - 8 episodes
  • Flintstone Frolics - NEW SHOW - 126 episodes
  • Flintstone Kids - NEW SHOW - 25 episodes
  • Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show - NEW SHOW - 20 episodes
  • The New Fred and Barney Show - NEW SHOW - 17 episodes
  • The Tom & Jerry Show - NEW EPISODES (Volume 14) - 13 episodes
  • The Flintstones' New Neighbors - NEW MOVIE
  • The Flintstones: Fred's Final Fling - NEW MOVIE
  • The Flintstones: Jogging Fever - NEW MOVIE
  • The Flintstones: Wind-Up Wilma - NEW MOVIE
In addition, new Easter specials for Bunnicula, The Tom & Jerry Show, and Care Bears: Unlock the Magic have been added.

Last edited:

DonTrashRoom

Oh, and I just noticed... Boomerang now has 3922 episodes available to stream. We're getting really close to having over 4000 episodes!

Also, remember when Boomerang was going to rotate content on and off, instead of adding to an ever-growing lineup?

MatthewRC

Oh, and I just noticed... Boomerang now has 3922 episodes available to stream. We're getting really close to having over 4000 episodes!

Also, remember when Boomerang was going to rotate content on and off, instead of adding to an ever-growing lineup?

Really? Since when did Boomerang finally stop removing cartoons from their streaming service?

DonTrashRoom

Really? Since when did Boomerang finally stop removing cartoons from their streaming service?
Early press information (pre-launch, 2017) said the selection would be "rotating". There's been no mention of that aspect since.

Mandouga

Oh, I get it. They want to get it out of the way, so people wouldn't think they were being April Fooled. Well, that's my guess, anyway.

MatthewRC

NEW TO BOOM - MARCH 28, 2019
  • Bunnicula - NEW EPISODES (Volume 7) - 12 episodes
  • Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels - NEW SHOW - 40 episodes
  • Cave Kids - NEW SHOW - 8 episodes
  • Flintstone Frolics - NEW SHOW - 126 episodes
  • Flintstone Kids - NEW SHOW - 25 episodes
  • Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show - NEW SHOW - 20 episodes
  • The New Fred and Barney Show - NEW SHOW - 17 episodes
  • The Tom & Jerry Show - NEW EPISODES (Volume 14) - 13 episodes
  • The Flintstones' New Neighbors - NEW MOVIE
  • The Flintstones: Fred's Final Fling - NEW MOVIE
  • The Flintstones: Jogging Fever - NEW MOVIE
  • The Flintstones: Wind-Up Wilma - NEW MOVIE
In addition, new Easter specials for Bunnicula, The Tom & Jerry Show, and Care Bears: Unlock the Magic have been added.

Oh, and don't forget 63 (Captain Caveman) has become redundant since that show has been added to 64. 63 is now "Nulled cap".

DonTrashRoom

Oh, and don't forget 63 (Captain Caveman) has become redundant since that show has been added to 64. 63 is now "Nulled cap".
Actually, it was added to 209, since Captain Caveman had his own segment on Flintstone Frolics/The Flintstone Comedy Show.

And I'm surprised none of the other individual segments from that show have been "nulled" yet. These are spaces that can - and should - be filled by other shows from the Hanna-Barbera and Cartoon Network libraries.

Last edited:

MatthewRC

Actually, it was added to 209, since Captain Caveman had his own segment on Flintstone Frolics/The Flintstone Comedy Show.

And I'm surprised none of the other individual segments from that show have been "nulled" yet. These are spaces that can - and should - be filled by other shows from the Hanna-Barbera and Cartoon Network libraries.

I meant to say Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels was added to 64.

MatthewRC

Alright, so Boomerang just got back to me regarding content rotating on and off. Here’s what the message said.

Apparently, the “different things that can factor into content leaving” has something to do with streaming rights for each cartoon. This may explain why all 12 1980s Garfield TV specials were removed.

Moe

I noticed that some episodes on Flintstone Kids are missing, so anyone notice that?

DonTrashRoom

Today is Boomerang's 2nd anniversary... nothing special so far (probably won't be this year).

Also, the first episodes of Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels and Courage the Cowardly Dog are now FREE.

MatthewRC

Today is Boomerang's 2nd anniversary... nothing special so far (probably won't be this year).

Also, the first episodes of Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels and Courage the Cowardly Dog are now FREE.

Let's just wait and see in the next few days. However, I still won't get my hopes up.

Mandouga

(sigh) "The Flintstone Kids" indeed. F150Dog, you said that "some episodes" were "missing". To be exact, everyone, only the main "Flintstone Kids" episodes were added. None of the "Flintstone Funnies", "Dino's Dilemmas", or "Captain Caveman and Son" segments are available, despite the fact that The Flintstone Comedy Show (AKA: Flintstone Frolics) got every segment that was made for that show added (outside of the in-between stuff, one of which was attached to one of the Flintstone Family Adventures segments).

This is ridiculous! It also doesn't make any sense. The Flintstone Comedy Show gets all its segments, but this one doesn't? I really don't know what the problem is over there, but I'm going to say it: this should have been obvious (The Flintstone Kids getting all its segments added, I mean).

(sigh) It's been two years now, and this problem (the inability to distinguish between full episodes and individual segments) hasn't really been looked at (and no, the so-called "remastered" version of Garfield and Friends doesn't count). Now it's become more apparent with certain "supporting" segments being excluded because of it. (in other words, this service seems to consider the other parts of The Flintstone Kids to be "supporting" segments, like the "Gems" from Richie Rich)* The only other thing I can say at this point is that I hope this problem gets addressed at some point...

*For this reason, we shouldn't expect, say, Space Stars to be added...not unless we're only willing to see the main segments without the backup segments that are on the DVD. Even if they were excluded from the original broadcast, they're still part of the show, and for that reason really needed to be added, but with the way Boomerang currently is, it's unlikely at this point.

DonTrashRoom

(sigh) "The Flintstone Kids" indeed. F150Dog, you said that "some episodes" were "missing". To be exact, everyone, only the main "Flintstone Kids" episodes were added. None of the "Flintstone Funnies", "Dino's Dilemmas", or "Captain Caveman and Son" segments are available, despite the fact that The Flintstone Comedy Show (AKA: Flintstone Frolics) got every segment that was made for that show added (outside of the in-between stuff, one of which was attached to one of the Flintstone Family Adventures segments).

This is ridiculous! It also doesn't make any sense. The Flintstone Comedy Show gets all its segments, but this one doesn't? I really don't know what the problem is over there, but I'm going to say it: this should have been obvious (The Flintstone Kids getting all its segments added, I mean).

(sigh) It's been two years now, and this problem (the inability to distinguish between full episodes and individual segments) hasn't really been looked at (and no, the so-called "remastered" version of Garfield and Friends doesn't count). Now it's become more apparent with certain "supporting" segments being excluded because of it. (in other words, this service seems to consider the other parts of The Flintstone Kids to be "supporting" segments, like the "Gems" from Richie Rich)* The only other thing I can say at this point is that I hope this problem gets addressed at some point...
The lone exception is "The Flintstone Fake Ache", which included the other two segments that were paired up with it. The rest of the episodes available are either full half-hour episodes or individual 11-minute segments.

And on a semi-related note - oddly enough, Dastardly and Muttley was presented in half-hour blocks rather than being broken up like most of the other shows available, for whatever reason (maybe because of the "Wing Dings" segments?).

DonTrashRoom

@Commander Beeper When are we supposed to hear news on the next content update for Boomerang?
It'll happen when it happens. If the first of the month falls on a Wednesday or Thursday, the update goes live that day. If it falls on any other day, it goes live on the last Thursday before the month starts. Expect the May update to go live on May 2 this year.

Thumbnails are usually uploaded the Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday before the update goes live, if that's what you're asking about. @New Looney Tunes is usually the first to post about those.

MatthewRC

It'll happen when it happens. If the first of the month falls on a Wednesday or Thursday, the update goes live that day. If it falls on any other day, it goes live on the last Thursday before the month starts. Expect the May update to go live on May 2 this year.

Thumbnails are usually uploaded the Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday before the update goes live, if that's what you're asking about. @New Looney Tunes is usually the first to post about those.

Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts