WB Censored Eleven DVD

I remember reading awhile back that Warner Bros was going to release the Censored Eleven cartoons on DVD possibly in the Warner Archives exclusive online. Just curious, is there a release date set?

Toonatic

Unfortunately nothing. Jerry DID state on Stu's Show that transfers and extras are done. Infact the set IS done according to him it just needs to become a physical release (on disc so to speak).

Personally, I think the TCM website would be a perfect place to sell them if WHV is concerned about selling it to retail.

Yeah, like an online exclusive. That would be nice. So far I'm very happy that a lot of the Looney Tunes cartoons are being release in it's original form on the DVDs so far. :) Even iTunes.

the greenman

The thing with Warner Archives MOD's is they can't go cheap with it. If Jerry Beck did do commentaries or a short feature, then the dvds need to be comprehensive about the choices made on those shorts.

Yeah, I'd totally buy this DVD for my collection when ever it comes out. The only thing that's out there that would have the censored eleven shorts would be the public domain ones. It's so strange how a lot of these shorts and even the Betty Boop and 4 Three Stooges shorts feel into the public domain. It's so weird because they are still as a whole copyrighted and owned by their copyright holders yet the vintage copies of the shorts are still considered public domain for some reason, even copyrighted by the DVD release company which is sort of ridiculous since the same public domain version is passed around everywhere. I remember growing up with a bunch of those VHS tapes and always being disappointed on not only the weird cheap illustration on the video box but how every video had the same cartoons on them. It's interesting there's DVDs released and be bought on Amazon. It's almost like their bootlegs but their public domain and it kind of makes me wonder "should I or should I buy." I rented a Banned Cartoons DVD from Netflix. Pretty nice collection, there was a few I recognized and even had a list of why they got banned. But what's really disappointing is that there's newly added dubbed sound effects and it's so irritating to the point where it's almost unwatchable because not only does the sound effects sound tacky but they are more louder and clearer then the actual films so I couldn't even enjoy it in full. Why the DVD company feels they needed to do that is beyond me. I just wished they leave the original cartoons alone and just presented as is instead of adding new bells and whistles that just don't belong. Anyway it's great that Jerry Beck is involved. I've think I noticed that there was a complete Private Snafu DVD that came out not long ago and I think he was involved with that. Even though it wasn't released by Warner Bros, it does say on the covers "remastered from the original masters"

Orange Mo

orangemo
I know this is 3 years ago but we still have not gotten a release yet and WB hasn't answered my reply. When these releases come out someone has to upload it on the dailymotion website so we can see these in their remastered form.

I hope nips the nips makes the dvd release too after it was withdrawn it was a shame that they took it out, despite being unrestored.

I presume the censored 11 were all in the AAP/UA package(pre-merger). Warner/7-Arts must have pulled some un-PC cartoons from it's own holdings.

Jinxey77

@Kevin Mo I figured someone here that already has a close relationship to him, or WB, could email him that's why I said that.
If you have his direct email, I have no problem emailing him

@Steve Burstein If the money was already spent to restore and remaster these shorts by Warners, I don't see what the problem is. The Warner Archive keeps saying it's Warner Home Video's responsibility, so at the very least, they need to figure it our instead of putting this on the backburner for years while spending thousands of dollars restoring and remastering old movies and TV shows at the Warner Archive

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Given the fact that not even Tom & Jerry Golden Collection vol. 2 could be released because of its two banned shorts, and combined with the powder keg of race relations in the U.S. right now, I wouldn't hold your breath for a Censored 11 release, even by the WB Archive.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Given the fact that not even Tom & Jerry Golden Collection vol. 2 could be released because of its two banned shorts, and combined with the powder keg of race relations in the U.S. right now, I wouldn't hold your breath for a Censored 11 release, even by the WB Archive.

So, better to WB was putting up the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection 2 shorts (5 were omitted) to German Amazon Instant Video?

Jinxey77

Just heard from Jerry (he is AMAZING). I also asked him about other releases as well

"None of those announced DVDs are coming out. Warner Bros. consides the DVD market dead for classic cartoons. There are no plans for further DVDs or blu-rays featuring classic cartoons. I am tackling to Warner Archive and maybe at some point they will release some older MGM or WB cartoons - but there are no plans by them to do so at this time."

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts