"Watchmen" (Television Series) News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I never expected this could happen after the movie.
9/21: I guess a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen TV show is next. :p

11/19: Lindelof comments on the need to take the comic to TV.

12/18: Starts filming March 2018.

1/11: HBO President Bloys praises the script and confirms it will film this year.

1/30: Nicole Kassell will direct the pilot.

4/24: Lindelof states he's not adapting Watchmen into a TV show and likens it to be more like FX's Fargo series is being done.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Somehow I don't think Lindelof's adaptation semantics will pass muster with Moore. He famously hated and was against the Watchmen prequel comics and couldn't have been happy about the story being brought into the DC Universe proper.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That Hashtag Show reports the following character details:

Angela Abraham: African-American female cop. Independent and intelligent, she’s also a realist. She’s married to Cal, with whom she has a daughter and is fiercely protective of them both.
Cal Abraham: African-American male who is the stay-at-home husband of Angela. While he seems at home as the king of his castle and being a loving husband and father, it’s clear his past has a different story to tell.
Looking Glass: A good looking cop, the native Oklahoman isn’t simple as his rural accent makes him appear to be. A top interrogator and behavioral scientist, he may also be a bit of a sociopath.
Panda: An ethnic desk cop, he’s cynical and tough and puts his job first. Not a friend to many, he uses comedy to keep people at bay.
Red Scare: Mafioso, track suit wearing cop. His Russian accent lends to his abrasiveness.
Pirate Jenny: An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.
Jane Crawford: The wife of the police chief, Judd, Jane is a veterinarian who’s sharper than her guarded persona lets on.
Old Man: A former cop who is still an imposing figure despite his age.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm hoping it's just being very secretive. Only some keywords in the bios remind of certain characters, like sociopathic interrogator makes me think of Rorschach or Old Man makes me think of Hollis Mason. I don't know. Hopefully, it all works out for the best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
May 22nd:
Damon Lindelof wrote a letter for Watchmen fans.

Note it contains some foul language

May 23rd:
Hollywood Reporter has some casting news:
The Leftovers grad Regina King will reunite with Lindelof on the HBO pilot and lead a cast that includes Don Johnson (Miami Vice), Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?), Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman), Adelaide Clemens (Rectify) and Andrew Howard (Hatfields & McCoys).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
That's pretty perfect casting for an older Ozymandias. Just the other day, I was thinking he'd be perfect if the movie was actually made in the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts