"Watchmen" (Television Series) News & Discussion (Spoilers)

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Wow, a show actually set in my home state and educating viewers on the dark thing that happened in it's history. That's something worth talking about. In modern day all the skinheads in Oklahoma seem to live mostly in Norman and go to OU rather than live in Tulsa. News of racist and antisemitic behavior happening in Norman feels pretty common, sadly. I do have a master's degree in Oklahoma history and know that we have a fascinating, but dark and screwed up, history. Here's how the local press discussed Watchmen:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
02/14:
There will be a DVD/Blu-Ray release on June 2nd.

06/18:
HBO will make the episodes available for free online this weekend.
From Friday, June 19th (also known as Juneteenth) through Sunday, June 21st, you can watch all nine episodes of the series for free exclusively on HBO.com and Free on Demand. According to HBO, this is "an extension of the network’s content offering highlighting Black experiences, voices and storytellers." The network will also air a marathon of the episodes on HBO and HBO Latino starting at 1:00 PM EST on Friday.

07/28:
Watchmen was nominated for 26 Emmy Awards.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts