watching Anime only

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTPC

I posted this on Adultswim.com because I was Sick of there Lineup Alaways being comedy

So I post this on March 16, 2008 on Adultswim.com

Change there line up I will Just watch [AS] for perhaps a hour or two hours, Because of the Amines

This is not counting the Japan Comedy shows Like shun or super milk Chan, cause you did make those shows , and speaking of shows those shows I'll be glad when these contracts are Up Family Guy, America, Dad, Home Movies, the Oblongs, Super milk chuan and Shin Chan Because you don't own them because you did make them.. You Pay some one to have them show on [AS]…

Just like the Amines, I wonder Would you give, Samurai Champloo A 7 night back to back farewell send off like you did for The Fox Show Futurama? I can Answer that Question right Now! NO! Because Most people On here Don't care for Anime, Why is it well [AS} grows on in years or progress

That Amine is not getting the Respect that it is in entitled too.. Don't for get (CBB) Cowboy Bebop was the 1st anime Show ever on Adult swim on September 2, 2001... Now I find out that Cowboy bebop will not be show is Air when it is time to change the clocks back from aka when daylight saving times ends, and what about Trigun y'all show it about what 8 times all the way though and plus You all cut out the opening and edit the ending Credits of Trigun and CBB to wear half of the Song is heard.. in the credits, what up with that!

and Plus you all had to cut out almost half of cowboy bebop because of 9/11/01

"Cowboy Bebop Adult Swim's first anime series. Several episodes were aired out of sequence during the show's first run due content that was deemed not appropriate in light of the September 11th terrorist attacks in New York City.."

But you all Still Show ATHF I guess you forgot About the 2007 Boston Mooninite scare" aka Turner Broadcasting Systems and Interference Inc. have agreed to pay $2 million. $1 million of this will go towards the Boston police department, and $1 million will go towards homeland security. In addition, Turner released a statement to take responsibility and apologize for the incident. Less than a week following Turner's apology, Jim Samples stepped down from his 13 year position as head of Cartoon Network, stating that he was "compelled to step down ... in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch."On January 31, 2007,

Well Cowboy bebop And Trigun Owned in my book, Matter all action Anime own in my book Like FMA, death note and bleach, and the rest..

So what Do you think toonzone ?

FTPC

FTPC

well look pass the grammer whatg do you think of the content if you look pass the spelling and grammer Mistakes..

Kuroba

Quiet, you.
Er, it's almost incoherent, sorry...please fix those typos.

And personally, I find these sort of rants that go on at the [as] boards to be embarrasing (sorry if that came across as rude) and I'm an anime fan myself. Perhaps my opinion isn't valid enough because I don't watch much of the anime on [as] (a lot of it doesn't interest me), but I find too many of these to be bordering on the "western cartoonz suxxors, anime ROOLZ" line--which really is just thinly-veiled elitism. Surely you can make a better argument than that. I can see that you want anime to get more respect, but being hostile about it isn't the way to go. Also, just to add...I don't think [as] being anime only would work and I don't think that was it's original intention anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Granted, a grammer mistake here or there isn't a big deal (provided that the error doesn't stand out), it does seem like you rushed it together.

As for your opinion in general I have to disagree with a few of your complaints for several reasons:

1. Other networks acquire programming that doesn't belong to them, so why is Adult Swim the only block on trial here (figure of speech).

2. If anything, Adult Swim is running the risk of being one note (lack of variety). The majority of the block is either action anme or original American comedy. Removing either of those will only help to make it more redundant. Infact some Comedy Animes (like Shin Chan) helps to freshen things up.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Toonami Should Replace [as]

No, it shouldn't. The 2 blocks aren't aimed at the same audience.

Toonami is aimed at kids 11-14, while [adult swim] is for the 18-24 demographic. Both could use some better shows and Toonami is in desperate need of a revamp, IMO, but putting Toonami in [as]'s place would be both an artistic and financial disaster. You may not like the current [as], but the block is making CN too much money and procuring them too many viewers and ratings for them to simply drop it or replace it with a block for kids, albeit older ones. [as] isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Moron

I posted this on Adultswim.com because I was Sick of there Lineup Alaways being comedy

So I post this on March 16, 2008 on Adultswim.com

So what Do you think toonzone ?

FTPC

I don't understand your point. It was really incoherent. What does the reshuffling of Cowboy Bebop episodes during 9/11 have to do with anything? That was six years ago. And what does cutting the opening of Trigun have to do with anything? And what does the fact that Family Guy, American Dad, and other shows are acquisitions have to do with anything? You just ramble on from one fact to another with out relating it to your main point. That's assuming you have a main point, which I don't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts