Was tonights' Samuri Jack an homage to the Return of the Dark Knight?

Slash Tompson

I'm comin for ya...
Was tonights' Samuri Jack an homage to the Return of the Dark Knight?

I was watching it and I was just WAITING for Jack to be all like, " This ain't a mudhole, its an operating table." And then be like, "And I'm the surgeon."
Casue you know. That wouldv'e been cool.

SilverKnight

Sigh.
What episode are you talking about? "Tonight's" episode doesn't help if this topic is a few days old. I admit, it would be rather cool to see a DKR reference in SJ, although I sincerely doubt it would happen. But, hell, they reference Eastwood movies all the time, so what do I know?

Mr. Obsession

I believe he’s talking about the episode with the DJ.

And yes, the whole scene in the mud pit, especially once the kids surround it, seemed like it was taken straight from the pages of The Dark Knight Returns. At least it did to me.

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
the dj ep with the mudpit did have a dk feel to it. i wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

they've had a huge nod to lone wolf and cub in that flashback to childhood episode. there's so many homages to list...

great series btw, go tartakovsky!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts