• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

Was the Justice League theme a rip off?

Latest News & Videos

-batmat-

So my dad was watching a movie called Twins of Evil and the theme kicks in and I hear from my room what was basically the Justice League theme. I couldn't believe it! The resemblance is astonishing...

Twins of Evil (1971)

Justice League (2001)

It just seems too obvious so I wonder if it was on an homage to the original film or something.

Otaku-sempai

Well, I can definitely hear similarities, to the point where Lolita Ritmanis might have been influenced by the older score. That might be a good interview question for her. I don't think it rises to the level of plagiarism and I wouldn't phrase the question so as to imply it.

EDIT (07/01/18): The funny thing is that I've seen that movie Twins of Evil on Comet TV but never made the connection.

Last edited:

Jiggle-Bot

So my dad was watching a movie called Twins of Evil and the theme kicks in and I hear from my room what was basically the Justice League theme. I couldn't believe it! The resemblance is astonishing...

Twins of Evil (1971)

Justice League (2001)

It just seems too obvious so I wonder if it was on an homage to the original film or something.
This might add some context to your theory. Its the animatic of the Justice League opening sequence that became the CGI version we saw in the show.

I think it was used as an inspiration for the final JL theme song. Its interesting they went for a horror theme song, but it does suit the show. Inspiration can come from unexpected places.

-batmat-

I see! Great find. Honestly, it sounds much more like a superhero theme than a horror movie one. So they basically took the film's theme and made it sound more triumphant and heroic. Would be cool to hear someone involved in the show talk about this.