Was the current 2009 Nickelodeon logo really that bad?

TheWolfPup2006

"I can fly, I can fly, I can flyyyyy!"
I was only a little kid when it happened so I fully didn't understand why they did it. But I got used to it though!

Eskizo

I'm glad they changed, the "splat" and its multiforms, represented the liveliness, variety and fun it once was, I would hate to see that beloved logo associated with the dull corporated feeling that the channel now have, kids who have grown with the new design are ok with it, and its ok for the channel so its ok with me.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I'm glad they changed, the "splat" and its multiforms, represented the liveliness, variety and fun it once was, I would hate to see that beloved logo associated with the dull corporated feeling that the channel now have, kids who have grown with the new design are ok with it, and its ok for the channel so its ok with me.
Fair enough.

abisert

Animation Fan
It's been several months since I made this thread, so I thought why not bring it back?

Around several months ago, I only made several Nickelodeon logo in Sketchbook. It has a mix between the pinball branding and the splat branding. I would showcase it here several months ago, but I didn't because I thought it didn't look that good. I only did it just for fun, not something I wanted to see Nick would this to replace their current 2009 logo.

Now, looking back on it, I'm more than okay to showcase the fanmade logos because they look like they can fit in the current landscape of Nickelodeon more so than the 2009 logo was.

So what do you guys think?

View attachment 290172View attachment 290173View attachment 290174View attachment 290175View attachment 290176View attachment 290177View attachment 290178View attachment 290179View attachment 290180View attachment 290181View attachment 290182View attachment 290183View attachment 290184View attachment 290185View attachment 290186
Awesome!

jokerbeans2091

i was confused too when they changed but hopefully nickelodeon can start using the old splat logo again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moe

I like 1981 rainbow Nick logo and it make looks like LGBT friendly channel lol.

but 1984-2009 Nick logo was great too.

Moe

Sure. Despite Nickelodeon going through a rut in the early 80's, the pinball looks pretty and memorable.

Yeah, definitely. It will always be iconic.
Yeah, Nick used to looks like PBS with a lot of educational programming and it wasn't successful so they had to change to make more entertainment.

Superfemg1rl

I don't think it was that bad. The splat logo was used for like 20 or 30 years, then Nick probably thought it was time for a major rebrand. I kind of like the current logo TBH.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Well, look what I just found.

It's the 2009 Nick Slime campaign featuring the splat logo. This was before the rebrand.

This feel like a prototype before the rebrand happened, and I know it doesn't mean much, but I find it interesting.

Plus, having the splat logo with the same 2009 slime campaign fits very nicely.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I'm wondering whether that's from an international Nick channel? It took about a year before most of the channels rebranded.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Honestly it's always been weird to see slime with the rebrand. Since the rebrand is so sterile the slime feels out of time and place next to it.
I guess maybe because they wanna showcase slime and the messiness still exist in the network, even though the rebrand said otherwise.

Moe

Nick seems not use slime very much as they did back in 80s and 90s.

ThePharaohZ

Honestly it's always been weird to see slime with the rebrand. Since the rebrand is so sterile the slime feels out of time and place next to it.
Oh, definitely. The slime just doesn't fit now, which is sad because it, along with the splat gave the network an identity. Like, if you asked any kid in the 90s or 2000s what was the first thing that came to mind when you say the phrase "green slime", I guarantee they'd say Nickelodeon. Nick doesn't really have an identity now other than being the "Spongebob Network" and hasn't for the last decade.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts