Warner Bros. Reveals New Logo for 2020!

How does the refreshed logo look?

• Total voters

TargetmasterJoe

It's exactly what it says on the title. Warner Bros. is spicing up their signature shield before their 100th anniversary happening in 2023.

Basic:

And here is a slight variation on it for movies and TV projects:

Deadline says they revealed it earlier today and it's scheduled to appear in WB movies effective 2020. (For those who want to know more about the thought process for the refreshed logo, there's an article for that.)

Evidently, it's a refresh that welcomes tons of variations while maintaining the same basic shape:

So how we liking it?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I like the second version. I like the shine and the outer layer of the shield.
Use that version with the varying templates and they've got a winner.

Parker-Shepherd

Both are actually nice but the I still like the gold and blue. The new WB logo for their animation department is funny. What's not to like about Daffy Duck?

MegasMilo379

Poppin.
I like it a lot.
It doesn't beat the gold and blue shield; but on its own level, it works incredibly well. I love that there are variations of it (some of which I'm gonna use as my phone's wallpaper) -- as the GIF at the top of the thread shows, and I hope for more in the future.
And if the company uses the second "shiny shield" version more than the first, they got it made in the shade for the centennial.

I can't wait for WB's newest logo in full use in film and TV in 2020 and beyond.

Mandouga

Heck, the original WB Animation logo was red.

Not quite.

The first one is similar to the main Warner Bros. logo, right down to the same colors. It first appeared in Taz-Mania (Tiny Toon Adventures has them credited as simply "Warner Bros. Studios"). On the other hand, Animaniacs was the first show to use the version with Bugs Bunny.

AdrenalineRush1996

Not quite.

The first one is similar to the main Warner Bros. logo, right down to the same colors. It first appeared in Taz-Mania (Tiny Toon Adventures has them credited as simply "Warner Bros. Studios"). On the other hand, Animaniacs was the first show to use the version with Bugs Bunny.
Warner Bros. Animation started out as Warner Bros. Cartoons in 1944 after WB bought Leon Schlesinger Productions, so yes, by original, I do mean that the original logo was red when the studio was originally called Warner Bros. Cartoons.

Jonwo

I quite like the new logo, I suspect it'll introduced with Birds of Prey since that'll the first WB release of 2020, I could also see it being used on the first trailer for Wonder Woman 1984.

I wonder if Warner Bros may potentially rebrand Warner Animation Group as Warner Animation or drop the WAG name and use the Warner Bros Animation branding for feature films.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ready for Halloween!
We have Kim Possible and Flame Princess making bacon pancakes (I assume this was filmed long before quarantine).

Who wants to bet when Oaxis launches, it'll just be the Noog Network with family-friendly public domain content added in?
CNC
How come every time I try to associate with a social media account on my profile, I'm getting an error message?

To everyone reading this: You're one in a million. In other words, you're special.