"WandaVision (Disney+ Limited Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this series

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I guess if SWORD promised to take care of Vision's body for safekeeping, the Avengers would probably have felt comfortable leaving him with them. Wanda seemed to be working under the idea that she could see and reclaim his body.
Pretty sure Stark signing the Accords meant the government now owns his tech, Vision included...
a "stark" contrast to this. <- Also, note Justin Hammer's use of "sword" and "shield".

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pretty sure Stark signing the Accords meant the government now owns his tech, Vision included...
a "stark" contrast to this. <- Also, note Justin Hammer's use of "sword" and "shield".
I think Vision signed the Sokovia Accords himself and his last will and testament being mentioned on the show implies that also meant signed over his body to the whoever governs them - supposedly a council of all the countries that proposed it... but we all know it's the U.S. and somehow S.W.O.R.D. ended up as the agency tasked with his body.

I guess if SWORD promised to take care of Vision's body for safekeeping, the Avengers would probably have felt comfortable leaving him with them. Wanda seemed to be working under the idea that she could see and reclaim his body.
Or they didn't have any proper facilities to hold his body since the compound is likely still in shambles 3 weeks post-Endgame. Nor did they have anywhere secure enough to bury him like Wanda wanted. I'd bet Maria made that promise and Tyler broke it.

EDIT: These leaked storyboards turned out to be for "Previously On" but they deleted some stuff like references of Tony and Natasha.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yes. Pretty much I figured why the comedy writing is so bad is because someone else must be forcing Wanda to cast this hex on everyone acting & talking this badly. She practically memorized these shows growing up & living with Vision, but wound up "getting the joke" as well as Vision did.

Well I don't think to Wanda it was a joke just something she off through her grief wanting to give her own take on aspects of those sitcoms she enjoyed. And since she doesn't view them as relics from another time and doesn't really approach them critically but rather as just an idealized life she'd rather be in then dealing with reality.

The other pastiche I was thinking of was Agents of SHIELD (which isn't much to write home about until you get to season 4), except now this is the Agents of SWORD with their own "General Talbot" as the director.

I'm not sure it's as much a pastiche of Agents of SHIELD as much as just the "super powerful government group observing the situation to try and contain it" sort of thing you'd get in this world encountering such a situation and aren't focusing on the lone group of heroes and what not.
Olsen was excellent. Hahn deserves a lot of credit too. It’s hard to do what’s she’s doing and not be over the top and cheesy.

Yeah again this would be a grating experience if Agatha was played too annoying but Hahn makes you hate her in the right way to still make you want to go along with her in this episode instead of just seeing Wanda snuff her out right away. Probably also helps Agatha wants answers as much as the rest of us.

Pretty sure those were bootleg VHS and DVDs. Malcolm in the Middle premiered in January 2000 so the timing works.

Honestly I kind of thought that the Bootleg tapes her father had only went up to 80's sitcoms that's why there weren't any 90's pastiches really in WandaVision because they wouldn't be shows Wanda would of watched and Wanda only discovered stuff like Malcom In the Middle and Modern Family later like watching them in Avengers Tower. Especially since the episode of MitM she's watching is "Health Insurance" from season 7 from 2005 so she wouldn't of watched that with her parents as the bombing was like late 90s/early 2000s I believe.

Or they didn't have any proper facilities to hold his body since the compound is likely still in shambles 3 weeks post-Endgame. Nor did they have anywhere secure enough to bury him like Wanda wanted. I'd bet Maria made that promise and Tyler broke it.

Well remember Maria died 3 years prior to everyone being brought back and even though she technically was alive when Thanos snapped the world she was obviously still having to spend a lot of the time in the hospital due to her cancer so not sure how much say she had in decisions during those last years. Also pretty sure everyone was still in too much a state of shock after getting snapped due to the Avengers still being split and you loss of half the lives in the world for anyone to raise much of an objection to Vision's body being taken.

*Sighs* You know I get wanting to try and make this feel somewhat self contained and only reference other movies when need be (even though you still need to know the other movies to get this thus my sister was lost trying to watch the first few episodes not having seen much of the MCU) but I really really REALLY wish that line had stayed. Since yeah I get on a narrative and even theamtic level why Tony Stark's death was given so much promience in Endgame and Spider Man Far From Home but I think Wanda's point of "he wasn't the only person who was lost" has a lot of emotional weight I would of killed to see Elizabeth Olsen deliver as Wanda. And granted the reason probably is that Vision to at least half the populus has been dead for 5 years anyway but pointing out "why doesn't anyone care about him" feels like the right thing to say and bringing that up would of just felt right. I don't know if that was cut for "time" or something but it feels like dialogue that should of been in the series that I'm going to consider it is part of the canon as yeah makes too much sense for Wanda to say that just going to say she did.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
wandavision.jpg

Episode 9 "The Series Finale"
The events of WandaVision come to a head, and the destinies of all who took part are determined.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Very satisfying ending. The farewell to the sons and Vision was perfect in my book.

Makes sense Fietro turned out to be Ralph all along.

Jimmy! Loved snatching the phone and the 'Flourish' moment. :D

Nice callback to AOU with Wanda doing the mind whammy move on Agatha even though it failed.

That was purely satisfying moment when Darcy rammed into Hayward's vehicle and her retort. Glad he didn't weasel away and was arrested. Though should be intriguing to see who will take over S.W.O.R.D. in his absence, wink wink.

Agatha, ouch. Permanently wiping her mind and making her Agnes the nosy neighbor for real. I guess that was the only thing Wanda could do if she was taking the Hex away. Not like S.W.O.R.D. or the FBI brought along the same tech that was used on Wanda when she was imprisoned on the Raft and no telling it would have the same affect on Agatha. Strange wasn't around to take her to magic jail. Though the Sorcerer Supreme shout out was a nice touch.

Wanda phrasing it with a copy of the Mind Stone in her was interesting. Given how Tony and Bruce classified the core of the Mind Stone as a network not unlike a program, a copy being 'uploaded' into Wanda kinda jives...

One thing I'm curious how Multiverse of Madness will address it if at all is why didn't Dr. Strange and/or Wong investigate the Hex since it would be detected by them, it being chaos magic. They were busy dealing with a bigger threat at the same time?

And of course, Agatha's ominous warning of not knowing what she unleashed will likely be revealed in Multiverse of Madness. Obviously, Wanda studying magic via the Darkhold is going to be a huge mistake and her attempt to find her sons will release the big bad whoever it is; Cthon, Nightmare, Mephisto, etc. Still the 2nd teaser felt like a callback to the 2nd teaser in Incredible Hulk when Bruce was at the cabin in isolation and ended it ominously, too. Would have been neat if they had a caption naming that place as Wundagore Mountain, heh.

And looking forward to seeing what will come of White Vision now that his memories were restored.

Not sure if the Skrull agent was talking about Fury or Talos but loved the reveal. But given we last saw Fury in the space station, him. She even be Talos and Soren's daughter all grown up now.

But the gripes.

Was a little bummed they didn't elaborate much on Agatha's motivation other than she wanted the power of the Scarlet Witch for herself and was pulling a Mordo except only on witches she deemed undeserving.

Wish there was more Darcy and her off camera exit was lame.

Darkhold being confirmed made a knot in my stomach and now tons of sites and people will use it as ammo to declare the TV shows are all non-canon. Ugh. It makes no sense the redesigned Darkhold is a sign that all the shows previous to this one are suddenly null and void. If that were true, then Iron Man and Incredible Hulk are void, too, because of the recast actors.

Overall disappointments was Bettany hyping working with another actor he's been looking forward to was just an in-joke and he was talking about himself as Vision vs. Vision. The 'aerospace engineer' bit was another disappointment.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"The Series Finale" - Again like last week if you come at this from the pure spectacle of seeing all of these hundreds of lines connected to the MCU and greater Marvel lore wondering "oh is this where the X-Men come in" or "where are all the multi verse stuff going to factor" then you'll probably be disappointed as yeah this show though obviously hinting at other things to come really isn't doing that. The supposed major cameo here is a skrull you've never heard of and there's no Magneto or anything of the "Luke Skywalker" level that Mandalorian ended it's second season with. So if you're disappointed with that, fair enough. If we are talking about negatives though I admit the major pulling of punches when it came in regards to some of the action was fine. Not the stuff with Agitha or White Vision that works for the characters but the stuff with the military. I get that they were mostly just under that jerk Hayward but Monica's big hero moment is just having bullets phase through her and watching the finale battle while the kids just take or block weapons and Darcy just hits Hayward's car with her car which though funny feels... kind of lame. Like if this was much more of a farce like Ant Man and the Wasp that is suppose to be much more kiddy and goofy fun throughout I get having a climax where no one is really hurt but seems like there should of been some sort of bigger scuffle. Just saying in Civil War, Captain America still fought off the military even not to kill for saving his friend while feels like you couldn't even let anyone really be that busted up even under a fall. Honestly this does make it feel like the stakes are less dire with everyone having to hold back so much and yeah reminds me of how gutless some of the action felt in Wonder Woman 1984. Though honestly speaking of that movie this makes me realize just how easy I was going on that movie because I really liked the idea and themeing of that movie that I was just ignoring how horribly it was executed even on the most pure idea level. But now that this has come along and showed you how to do it right and it's what makes this show and this series a success; how it handled Wanda/The Scarlet Witch as a character and made you excited where they are going to take her because you saw how much she grew.

See a major failing I realized of WW84 is that it does fail to fully connect and really get you into Diana's mind set to make her not seem like that much of a bad guy and needing a lesson it then proceeds to hammer over and over again. About how taking such cheats have consequences and how you can't just magically wish your problems away. But doesn't really live or breath with the consequences or mind set enough to really get it. This show certainly does. I love the moment where Agitha released everyone under Wanda's spell to have them all gang up on her pointing out "this is your fault" and how powerless they were under her control and how they want to return back to their own lives knowing what could happen if they anger her. It's actually showing the consequences of Wanda's decisions and choices; though Agitha is the villain the story isn't going to ignore that Wanda was in the wrong as well and thus also points out "the family you love is connected to this hex so if you break it you loose them." The last episode really hammered home how much Wanda personally lost so the idea of losing something she loves so much would be more devastating so it actually feels like a solid sad moral choice. So after the big battle (more on that later) having one last moment of saying goodbye to her kids and how happy she was they chose her and then her saying goodbye to Vision this time more under her terms as she looks at the empty house she started with did feel quite fitting. Plus yeah the others not just letting her off the hook as she flies away shows she isn't just going to be forgiven just because she was in anguish and that also feels earned. Especially having that moment with Monica admitting "if I could do that I'd bring back my mom" again relating how grief and loss does connect people and you do have to move on and admit to it if you are going to get anywhere. And the fact that the magic was centered on her makes this work quite well especially since this isn't a case of "I'm just going to be sad and that's it." It's more a "i'm going to admit I'm sad and at fault but work on myself and be better to get what I want in the right way."

See at first I thought though it's cool seeing Wanda in the Scarlet Witch robes at the very end going through the book hearing Billy's voice that it invalidates that character journey of loss and grief but upon thinking about it doesn't because yeah this is her wanting to dive into who she is and not hiding it anymore. About wanting to find her family the right way. They name drop the sorcerer supreme here with Agitha so it's pretty clear that Wanda is going to hit a block and go to Steven Strange for help in his sequel about trying to get her family back because she wants to do it in a way that isn't just putting others in danger. Some people may also have a problem with this wanting a more violent or more gray and evil Scarlet Witch but... to me becoming this vengeance seeking monster desperately doing whatever they can to get their family back doesn't feel like the Wanda we've seen them built up in the movies and in this show. Especially since unlike Event comics like House of M that were supposedly about Wanda but had other people solving the issue or getting the focus this was something caused by Wanda that had to also be solved by Wanda and about her going on an arc and growing as a person. And I have to say I really like the way the witches battle went showing that. The wizard of oz joke with the car was a bit eye rolly but honestly Agitha tapping others and then Wanda charging through her as they warped around the city was good. I admit I thought that the idea of Wanda doing her memory hex to trap Agitha in one of her old memories being burned as a witch would of been a good finale but I like Agitha turning the tables and seemingly having absorbed enough of Wanda's energy to defeat her... but then it's revealed Wanda had spent the time in that memory world and flying around to cast her own hex in her own specific bubble to defeat and drain Agitha. Showing her actually being clever and outwitting the witch with what she was "taught" (so hey technically Agitha actually did teach Wanda something for you fans of the comic who wanted to see that be referenced in some form) worked and I like the idea that Wanda deciding just to put Agitha in a variation of her own sitcom because if someone deserves to have a false reality put on them it'd be her... do wonder how that works without having anyone else around but eh if they ever need another cameo from her guess we'll see. Plus yeah the idea of Wanda growing and evolving makes sense as this is suppose to be the start of her new journey so her embracing her powers as a full on witch and wanting a variation of what she had loss works. Especially since Billy and Tommy exist in some form to her and yeah we have The Vision around even if Vision is gone.

And yeah also appreciate that they do have this big fight and moment with actual Vis considering he is the other major character and the best part of this fight was Vision and White Vision flying around blasting and phasing through one another. But I also like the moment of Vision getting through to White Vision about trying to find out who he is and restoring his memories. So yeah Wanda's take on Vision about having memories of the mind stone (due to their connection through her powers and through him) is gone but another The Vision is around and not just evil or under government control so that's interesting. Plus I did like Monica owing "Bohner" (yeah the team was majorly trolling then with fake Pietro pretty hard as that had nothing to do with the multi verse but eh at least done in a fun way. Plus that also answers who was the informant guy that Woo had as well for those who cared about that) and Darcy not wanting to be de briefed as well as Jimmy getting the handcuff key and asking for Quanco in an hour after bluffing to Hayward. Plus the mid credit scenes hints at Monica being a part of Secret invasion as well as Captain Marvel 2 so yeah pretty clear she's going to be important going forward and curious now what's going to happen when her and Carol meet back up but eh for another time.

So yeah on a pure spectacle level and answering all the Marvel questions and being this big gigantic mind blowing finale this doesn't work but... this show was never trying to be that and worked for being the character journey for Wanda and diving into her character and now exploring what else can be done with her and on that level it really works. Again this is how you do a "having to learn you can't cheat consequences with magic" story and have the themes work while still having a place to take the character so yeah good show overall. I have a feeling something like Falcon and Winter Soldier is more my speed I'll be able to dig on a certain level better but this did have good character drama and building and though some not that great action or at least impact still worked for what it did here so good job team I'm fine having Disney Plus to watch stuff like this.

Frontier

Staff member
I really can't help but see the Phoenix comparisons to how they're depicting the Scarlet Witch with this red-hued being of unimaginable power who will bring great catastrophe if not stopped or if the woman can't control her powers. I guess now the MCU probably won't redo the Phoenix Saga for a third time to avoid redundancy :sweat:.

Wanda in a proper Scarlet Witch costume! Complete with the headpiece! And it looks glorious! Felt like a mix of her various modern costumes :D.

Who needs Scarlet Witch and Agatha when you've got Jimmy Woo using magic to escape those handcuffs ;).

It's kind of ironic that Vision's first big action sequence since AoU is him fighting himself...and, ironically, I thought White!Vision's cold and logical voice sounded a lot like James Spader's Ultron :evil:.

So Fietro was Ralph all along. Was Agatha using him as her fake husband the whole time, and only later decided to make him into Pietro? Or was he just on standby in-case she needed him :ack:?

I am kind of disappointed they didn't do that scene from the comics of Monica outrunning Pietro, but I guess she can't master her powers that quick :rolleyes2:.

Hayward was getting pretty bad the whole series, but him shooting two kids was way over the line. Like, why shoot the kids and then Monica when she ran in to protect them? Did Hayward not think the kids were real? How the fudge did Maria ever let this dude be in charge :mad:?

Vision is able to stop White!Vision through his greatest weapon...logic. And I guess now White!Vision is around in case they ever want to bring Vision back. He has all the memories now, but not the emotions, like the comic version. I kind of wonder what Wanda will think of him to be honest. Could she put the piece of the Mind Stone she has in him to restore some semblance of the original Vision? Lot of questions there :confused:.

So, yeah, Wanda really did brainwash a lot of people. It was accidental compared to what Agatha was doing, but she still did it and kept it going far, far longer than she should have and after she realized what she'd done. The people of Westview have every reason to hate her, and I'm not really sure if there's anything she can do to make up for it other than make sure it doesn't happen again. Is losing her family proper recompense? I dunno. Did she properly take responsibility for her crimes? I dunno. She immediately bowed out of there when the police arrived, probably because she can't master her new powers from a prison cell, but is she a wanted fugitive now for what happened to Westview? I can't say it wouldn't be justified :(.

So Agatha is now stuck as Agnes in Westview, with Wanda as her keeper. It kind of sounds like Wanda might actually visit her once or twice for genuine advice, so I guess some form of their mentor/protege relationship from the comics might bet kept, albeit in a more twisted and bitter way? At least Kathryn Hahn is still around in case the MCU ever wants to use her again :).

Wanda gets one last night with her family before it all fades away, saying goodbye to her kids and Vision again, and then everything fades away like it was never there. I can't condone what she did, even in grief, but I feel so bad for her :crying:.

I guess Fury is back to doing post-credits scenes about recruiting people, just sending Skrulls in to invite people like Monica to his Skrull space station in the sky. Is that going to turn out to be the real SWORD o_O?

So Wanda is now learning from the Darkhold...which I don't really see ending well. But it seems like she detects her kids souls in the Multiverse, and that leads to her team-up with Dr. Strange in Multiverse of Madness :eek:?

ShadowStar

Strong ending! The special effects were quite something. I loved the battle between White Vision and Hex Vision. Wanda's showdown with Agatha was also fantastic. The only complaint that I have regarding the action is that it seemed a bit too convenient that Wanda could cast those rune spells so easily. Anyway, great finale -- the twins' exit was sad, as was Hex Vision's exit, but things seemed somewhat hopeful here.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Strong ending! The special effects were quite something. I loved the battle between White Vision and Hex Vision. Wanda's showdown with Agatha was also fantastic. The only complaint that I have regarding the action is that it seemed a bit too convenient that Wanda could cast those rune spells so easily. Anyway, great finale -- the twins' exit was sad, as was Hex Vision's exit, but things seemed somewhat hopeful here.
Well, I took it as they set it up by having Agatha say those are basics and Wanda looking/studying them - guess she has an eidetic memory, that part felt convenient to me, and her Scarlet Witch powers were supposed to be the most powerful of all -- so all in all, to cast those runes were child's play I guess.

Frontier

Staff member
Very satisfying ending. The farewell to the sons and Vision was perfect in my book.
And absolutely heartbreaking :crying:.
Makes sense Fietro turned out to be Ralph all along.
All those theories and he turns out to be Ralph :rolleyes2:.
Jimmy! Loved snatching the phone and the 'Flourish' moment. :D
All these witches, and we had one male magician :p.
Nice callback to AOU with Wanda doing the mind whammy move on Agatha even though it failed.
They've been referencing AoU and this Wanda having telepathy enough that it made sense to bring it back :).
That was purely satisfying moment when Darcy rammed into Hayward's vehicle and her retort. Glad he didn't weasel away and was arrested. Though should be intriguing to see who will take over S.W.O.R.D. in his absence, wink wink.
I feel like they kind of dropped the ball with Hayward. Like, I feel like they had the chance to make him this nuanced antagonist who represented the government's reaction to a post-Snap world and how the heroes basically failed until they didn't, and then he just becomes more of a walking cliche up until he shoots two kids.

It felt like they were partially making him more unlikeable just to justify the protagonists supporting Wanda. I mean, other than his ill intentions with Vision, he was still technically justified trying to stop Wanda and the Hex going on in Westview. I mean, he gets arrested but Wanda just gets let off the hook, more or less? It just didn't feel right :confused:.
Agatha, ouch. Permanently wiping her mind and making her Agnes the nosy neighbor for real. I guess that was the only thing Wanda could do if she was taking the Hex away. Not like S.W.O.R.D. or the FBI brought along the same tech that was used on Wanda when she was imprisoned on the Raft and no telling it would have the same affect on Agatha. Strange wasn't around to take her to magic jail. Though the Sorcerer Supreme shout out was a nice touch.
Agatha said that heroes don't torture, and then Wanda basically traps her in Westview...I guess you just don't mess with Wanda :ack:.
Wanda phrasing it with a copy of the Mind Stone in her was interesting. Given how Tony and Bruce classified the core of the Mind Stone as a network not unlike a program, a copy being 'uploaded' into Wanda kinda jives...
I wonder if it could be used to restore White!Vision's emotional attachment to his memories, or if that will beg the question of whether that would overwrite his memories to make him more like the Vision Wanda wants him to be :(.
One thing I'm curious how Multiverse of Madness will address it if at all is why didn't Dr. Strange and/or Wong investigate the Hex since it would be detected by them, it being chaos magic. They were busy dealing with a bigger threat at the same time?
I feel like they really need to address why Strange didn't get involved or what he was doing while Westview was under the Hex, because on the surface it looks like Dr. Strange really dropped the ball on like the one thing it is his job to monitor :sweat:.
And of course, Agatha's ominous warning of not knowing what she unleashed will likely be revealed in Multiverse of Madness. Obviously, Wanda studying magic via the Darkhold is going to be a huge mistake and her attempt to find her sons will release the big bad whoever it is; Cthon, Nightmare, Mephisto, etc. Still the 2nd teaser felt like a callback to the 2nd teaser in Incredible Hulk when Bruce was at the cabin in isolation and ended it ominously, too. Would have been neat if they had a caption naming that place as Wundagore Mountain, heh.
I was thinking to myself, is that the same cabin :p?
And looking forward to seeing what will come of White Vision now that his memories were restored.
I wonder when we'll see him again...maybe as the next step of Wanda's journey in MoM :confused:?
Not sure if the Skrull agent was talking about Fury or Talos but loved the reveal. But given we last saw Fury in the space station, him. She even be Talos and Soren's daughter all grown up now.
That would be cool :cool:.
Was a little bummed they didn't elaborate much on Agatha's motivation other than she wanted the power of the Scarlet Witch for herself and was pulling a Mordo except only on witches she deemed undeserving.
It's kind of interesting for me that the antagonist wasn't behind the big, overarching, problem of the plot but was just taking advantage of it for her own ends. She wasn't really evil or good, she just wanted Wanda's power.
Wish there was more Darcy and her off camera exit was lame.
Yeah, that was so abrupt. Almost like the actress had to be on another show or movie or social distancing so they had to write her off quickly o_O.
Darkhold being confirmed made a knot in my stomach and now tons of sites and people will use it as ammo to declare the TV shows are all non-canon. Ugh. It makes no sense the redesigned Darkhold is a sign that all the shows previous to this one are suddenly null and void. If that were true, then Iron Man and Incredible Hulk are void, too, because of the recast actors.
On some level I just feel happy that I called it as the Darkhold and it turned out to be the case :oops:.
Overall disappointments was Bettany hyping working with another actor he's been looking forward to was just an in-joke and he was talking about himself as Vision vs. Vision. The 'aerospace engineer' bit was another disappointment.
This show was just bountiful of potential opportunities that didn't seem to go anywhere:

- Woo's witness protection person.

- Dottie being anyone special.

- The aerospace engineer.

I did like Vision interacting with Vision though :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like they kind of dropped the ball with Hayward. Like, I feel like they had the chance to make him this nuanced antagonist who represented the government's reaction to a post-Snap world and how the heroes basically failed until they didn't, and then he just becomes more of a walking cliche up until he shoots two kids.

It felt like they were partially making him more unlikeable just to justify the protagonists supporting Wanda. I mean, other than his ill intentions with Vision, he was still technically justified trying to stop Wanda and the Hex going on in Westview. I mean, he gets arrested but Wanda just gets let off the hook, more or less? It just didn't feel right :confused:.
I feel like at best with 20/20 hindsight we'll look back at Hayward as a stepping stone to set up the exploration of heroes and the government post-Endgame in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. A government agency attempted to exploit a fallen hero and make a new weapon but failed. And we'll see that repeat again in TF&TWS with U.S. Agent. So it feels like the world governments more than ever feel a sense of urgency to make their own heroes now that the status of the Avengers is still nebulous nor do they seem interested in depending on them anymore since Civil War and the Sokovia Accords with Hulk being the only public hero people were shown to be in support of during the time skip to Endgame.

However, the notion of S.W.O.R.D. of the FBI being essentially powerless to stop Wanda from fleeing the scene rather than allowing herself to be arrested and charged and the death stares from the Westview people, more the latter, seem to be adding to an anti-hero sentiment that I'm sure Zemo could take advantage of. I could see how this incident could have a negative ripple affect against everyone else in the Avengers.

I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but maybe the government should start looking into setting up W.A.N.D. to deal with magic/supernatural, lol.
I feel like they really need to address why Strange didn't get involved or what he was doing while Westview was under the Hex, because on the surface it looks like Dr. Strange really dropped the ball on like the one thing it is his job to monitor :sweat:.
I feel like it might be explained with an in media res opening in MoM, with Strange and Wong completing a battle against some monster. Who knows how magic-related breaches happened during the time skip that they're only now mopping up now that they have the numbers to deal with them?
I wonder when we'll see him again...maybe as the next step of Wanda's journey in MoM :confused:?
Possibly. It is amusing to think that Bettany is now stuck with an all-white prosthetic/costume/makeup (or however they do it).
On some level I just feel happy that I called it as the Darkhold and it turned out to be the case :oops:.
I was hoping for the Necronomicon as a Raimi nod or an Agatha deep dive like the Druid Tome.
Woo's witness protection person.
That's right, him, too. Guh.

Frontier

Staff member
I feel like at best with 20/20 hindsight we'll look back at Hayward as a stepping stone to set up the exploration of heroes and the government post-Endgame in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. A government agency attempted to exploit a fallen hero and make a new weapon but failed. And we'll see that repeat again in TF&TWS with U.S. Agent. So it feels like the world governments more than ever feel a sense of urgency to make their own heroes now that the status of the Avengers is still nebulous nor do they seem interested in depending on them anymore since Civil War and the Sokovia Accords with Hulk being the only public hero people were shown to be in support of during the time skip to Endgame.
I could see Ross forming the Thunderbolts so the government finally has their own Superhero team to deal with threats or heroes violating the Accords. The fact that no other Superheroes were able to respond to this or were contactable is pretty glaring.
However, the notion of S.W.O.R.D. of the FBI being essentially powerless to stop Wanda from fleeing the scene rather than allowing herself to be arrested and charged and the death stares from the Westview people, more the latter, seem to be adding to an anti-hero sentiment that I'm sure Zemo could take advantage of. I could see how this incident could have a negative ripple affect against everyone else in the Avengers.
Or Mutants. What would you think if a child or teenager could potentially unlock powers and become the next Wanda Maximoff? She basically has the power level of an Omega Level Mutant. The people of Westview were looking at her like she was a Mutant.

I could definitely see Zemo using this as more ammunition against Superheroes.
I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but maybe the government should start looking into setting up W.A.N.D. to deal with magic/supernatural, lol.
If anything good came of this, I guess :p.
I feel like it might be explained with an in media res opening in MoM, with Strange and Wong completing a battle against some monster. Who knows how magic-related breaches happened during the time skip that they're only now mopping up now that they have the numbers to deal with them?
Sounds like a good way of opening the movie :).
Possibly. It is amusing to think that Bettany is now stuck with an all-white prosthetic/costume/makeup (or however they do it).
I wonder if he could restore his full colors or if it's just a design choice as he works through his identity issues :confused:.
I was hoping for the Necronomicon as a Raimi nod or an Agatha deep dive like the Druid Tome.
Would've been cool :cool:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Part of me was surprised to see that people had such strong reactions to not seeing the theories, that they had been diving into, panning out but then I remember that this happens a lot.

I really questioned the idea of this series being the first big MCU show, following a tentpole series like The Mandalorian. While I admired the craftsmanship that went into the sitcom recreations of the early episodes, I still wasn't sold on it as a big series. Then Wanda threw Monica through the fourth wall and the series didn't stop escalating after. I think they did a damned good job, all things considered. I loved Endgame and I honesty really enjoyed Far From Home but I've kind of felt that my investment in the MCU might be ending or at least waning. I had been looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier, Black Widow and What If from jump but so many of the developments I heard about or the time delays on the ones I was most interested in have kind of been putting me off. It's corny to say but WandaVision kind of built my hope back up on how much undiscovered territory there is left to cover. I do wish they didn't leave so much still dangling but I am trusting that these aren't finished stories.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
WandaVision "The Series Finale"

I liked everything except for the very final cliffhanger tag. That was unnecessary and confusing.

But I liked most everything else. I also suspect a lot of people are going to be disappointed. That mind-blowing cameo Elizabeth Olsen teased on the level of Luke Skywalker obviously didn't happen, and people are gonna be mad. The only reason I'm mad is because it was such an unforced error on Olsen's part. The finale was fine. But now the reception is going to be disappointment.

The reality of Quicksilver was admittedly pretty underwhelming however.

Has anyone brought up that the visual effects were amazing? Because there will be a test later and that will come up.

I liked most of it though, and the emotional beats hit fine, until the final tag where it's hinted Wanda has learned nothing. I don't even understand why they NEEDED that final tag. It just made the episode and the series worse for it existing. ****.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I could see Ross forming the Thunderbolts so the government finally has their own Superhero team to deal with threats or heroes violating the Accords. The fact that no other Superheroes were able to respond to this or were contactable is pretty glaring.
Exactly. Fight fire with fire was Ross's M.O. since the beginning with Abomination.
I loved Endgame and I honesty really enjoyed Far From Home but I've kind of felt that my investment in the MCU might be ending or at least waning. I had been looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier, Black Widow and What If from jump but so many of the developments I heard about or the time delays on the ones I was most interested in have kind of been putting me off. It's corny to say but WandaVision kind of built my hope back up on how much undiscovered territory there is left to cover. I do wish they didn't leave so much still dangling but I am trusting that these aren't finished stories.
I can relate to that but for me also, it was kinda nice to get a break from the main MCU through line no thanks to covid, but still after Endgame and FFH, it nice to have time off to process everything albeit while watching AOS and Helstrom.
But I liked most everything else. I also suspect a lot of people are going to be disappointed. That mind-blowing cameo Elizabeth Olsen teased on the level of Luke Skywalker obviously didn't happen, and people are gonna be mad. The only reason I'm mad is because it was such an unforced error on Olsen's part. The finale was fine. But now the reception is going to be disappointment.
Yeah, Bettany and Olsen's in-joke about Bettany talking to himself essentially got blown out of proportion.
The reality of Quicksilver was admittedly pretty underwhelming however.
For fans who really thought it was some deeper multiverse thing, that was probably the most underwhelming I would think. I was glad it just being a meta gag. In hindsight, it was another clue Agatha was not part of the populace since she kept referring to "Ralph," his real name.
I liked most of it though, and the emotional beats hit fine, until the final tag where it's hinted Wanda has learned nothing. I don't even understand why they NEEDED that final tag. It just made the episode and the series worse for it existing. ****.
Sets up the Doctor Strange sequel. That's about it. Because of covid and the streaming order changing from TF&TWS then WandaVision to the reverse, it did kind of mess up the timing. Ideally, they were probably going to stream this series closer to the Strange sequel's opening date.

Frontier

Staff member
Now I'm suddenly going to wonder if anyone is going to ask Sam if he heard what happened to Wanda, except that was supposed to come afterwards :sweat:.

Maybe She-Hulk will address people trying to hold Wanda legally accountable for Westview. Not that I imagine her in a courtroom :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Plus with the last tag, there was a tune from the 1st Strange movie supposedly, gonna have to rewatch!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts