Wakfu Kickstarter launched to get English dub for series

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Man, wish I had know about the kickstarter... then again I don't have a blu-ray player.

hope it comes to Netflix Canada too!

RegularCapital

Staff member
I just found out that Wakfu is available on Netflix UK, I might have to watch this if I have chance.

Wakfu also aired on Cartoon Network France and Boing in Spain.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Welp, I just watched the first episode and I must say it's pretty good. The animation is unusual, but I'm saying that as a compliment. I'm definitely going to watch the rest of the season.

Dudley

Staff member
Meh, I preferred watching this in subtitled. No amount of the unique use of Flash makes up for weak dialogue and lousy voice acting.
The plot's kind of boring too.

Tak Mazé

Worms and plastic minnows!
I just finished watching it recently, never played the game before either. The game itself is apparently a sequel to another game called Dofus which uses the same lore, just to confuse matters further for newcomers!

After the first episode, it seemed to be mostly filler, but what it seemed to be trying to do is get you to understand the characters and the world a little better. This worked perfectly, in my opinion, especially for what they have in store in the last few episodes of the first season, I must admit I did cry. One of the most gorgeous looking Flash animations I've seen in a long time too.

Edit: I usually watch foreign shows in English wherever possible, I hate reading subtitles, but in this case I chose the original French voices with English subtitles, because the crowd-funded English dub is absolutely atrocious. Not just because the actors are bad, but because the audio mixing itself is also poor, with a lot of sounds not playing correctly, too quiet or missing.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
My KickStarter stuff finally came today; my Sadlygrove statue is too big for my knickknack shelf.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
It’s no April Fool’s joke: on Sunday, April 1, season 3 of Ankama’s popular Wakfu animated series will go global on Netflix streaming, following a successful launch in France on linear TV and Netflix. The new season will be available in 14 languages worldwide, and is accompanied by a new mobile game: Wakfu: The Brotherhood.

Produced by Ankama Animations in France, Wakfu season 3 continues the adventures of the Brotherhood of the Tofu through 13 fantastical episodes. Worldwide language options include dubbed (English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish) and subtitled (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Japanese).
http://www.animationmagazine.net/top-stories/wakfu-s3-gets-worldwide-netflix-release/

jaylop97

Staff member
May have not been September after all but it is fine that the show is at least not too far from now from seeing its 3rd Season premiere.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts