Voice Actors who dub anime less or not at all anymore

The Overlord

Which voice actors dub anime less or not at all anymore? I am not talking about Tara Strong voicing a few anime roles here or there, but mainly doing pre-lay work, I am talking about mainly anime dubbing actors switching to mainly to pre-lay acting.

I don't think Troy Baker really does any anime work anymore, some voice actors like Steve Blum and Laura Baily still voice anime, but far less then they did in the past.

PicardMan

Staff member
Tiffany Vollmer and Stephanie Naldony have retired I believe. Have no idea what happened to Richard Cansino, Tiffany Grant, or Lisa Ortiz. A lot of the 00s voice actors seem to have been supplanted by new blood.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Tiffany Vollmer and Stephanie Naldony have retired I believe. Have no idea what happened to Richard Cansino, Tiffany Grant, or Lisa Ortiz. A lot of the 00s voice actors seem to have been supplanted by new blood.

Lisa Ortiz has been working on the Pokemon dub for quite some time. I think that she mainly works as a voice director for the dub, but she'll still voice some characters every now and then. I think that she also did some voices for later seasons of Winx Club, but I haven't heard her being too active beyond that for awhile.

Frontier

Staff member
Richard Cansino actually voiced Renji in the live-action Bleach movie on Netflix.

The Overlord

I think it's obvious that other voice acting gigs (Western animation, video games, commercials) pay more than anime dubbing and thus a lot of voice actors will dub anime less often if they get more jobs that pay more.

Joshua Seth made far more money doing a bit part in the first Spongebob movie than he did from any anime job and worked several years as a hypnotist rather than a voice actor.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I think Dave Wittenberg is excellent. He did Randy Cunningham for both seasons as the bully jock kid, but other than Kakashi in Naruto, has he been all that active recently?

Vuxovich

Please name any western animation voice actor doing the anime besides the cartoons. Heck, it's really the shame the dub of the certain Powerpuff Girls anime didn't bring back Tom Kenny (the Mayor), Tom Kane (Professor Utonium), Roger L. Jackson (Mojo Jojo), Cathy Cavadini (Blossom), Tara Strong (Bubbles), EG Daily (Buttercup). How about that?

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And now for the first matchup of round 1. It's Alternate Universe Christmas Tales. The matchup is between the My Little Pony episode "A Hearth's Warming Tail" to the Sesame Street special "Once Upon A Sesame Street Christmas".

Ready for December and 2021 to come!
The Minions Holiday Special was barely a holiday special; just a clip show with some new holiday themed animation sprinkled in. At least they showcased one new Christmas short film.
Just watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas tonight on NBC, and I noticed they cut out many scenes in this airing. It's been happening for a while.