Voice actors who did commercial work?

Zorak Masaki

What are some notable commercials featuring voice actors? For example, Daws Butler was the first to play Captain Crunch (and on that note, who voiced his nemesis the Sogmaster? It sounds like it could be either James Avery or Peter Cullen).

disman00911

I have a few:

Most of you should know this one but Billy West as the red M&M in the M&M commercials since the mid-90s
M&M commercials (1990s-2000s)

Rob Paulsen did the voice of Mr. Opportunity in various Honda commercials in the late 2000s.
Honda - Mr. Opportunity (2008)

Maurice LaMarche voiced Toucan Sam in the Fruit Loops commercials in the 1990s.
1990s Fruit Loops Commercial

Frank Welker voiced the Dig'em the Frog and his rival Kitty in the Honey Smacks commercials in the 1990s.
1994 Kellogg's Smacks Commercial

In the mid-to-late 90s, Taco Bell had some Kids Meal commercials where Paulsen voiced the Blue Dog, Eddie Deezen (in his Mandark from Dexter's Lab voice) voiced Nacho the Cat , and Jess Harnell was the voiceover.
Taco Bell Kids Meal Commercial (mid-90s)

Tress MacNellie voiced Wilma Flintstone in a Dove Shampoo commercial in the 2000s.
Hanna-Barbera Dove Shampoo Commercial

Jeff Bennett was the voiceover for much of the Kids WB bumpers in the 1990s
Kids' WB! Bumbers And IDs part 2

On a side note, I've heard Jim Cummings' voice in a few movie trailers/commercials. He also did some of the Kids WB bumpers, using one of his serious voices for one the superhero cartoons (Batman, Superman, etc.).

Mel Blanc in a 1980s American Express commercial. He also voiced the Looney Tunes characters and Barney Rubble in the Fruity Peebles ads in many commercials prior to 1990. His son Noah appeared in a 1989 commercial for Oldsmobile, which was one of the final projects involved Mel as he died later that year.
Mel Blanc American Express Commercial
Oldsmobile - Noel Blanc (1989, USA, EDITED)
1989 Daffy Duck commercial (one of Mel Blanc's final projects)
80's Fruity Pebbles Cereal Commercial 3

Last edited:

cheril59

Brian Cummings! He does promos, commercials and trailers for practically everything!
And (no relation) Jim Cummings has done trailers himself.

disman00911

I found a few others:

June Foray voiced the Granny that tried to keep her Golden Crisp cereal away from Sugar Bear in several 1990s commercials.

Another Tress MacNellie commercial where she voiced a vulture in this 2001 Hostess commercial.

Pretty sure John Stephenson (best known as Mr. Slate on the Flintstones) is doing the voice of the boss in this 1999 Sudafed Sinus commercial

Already mentioned the Flintstones in the Mel Blanc example earlier but Alan Reed, Henry Corden, and Jeff Bergman should also be mentioned in the Fruity/Cocca Pebbles commercials depending on the year. Also, the Simpsons cast (usually Nancy Cartwright and Dan Castellaneta) voicing their respective characters in those Butterfinger commercials that aired throughout the 90s.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Speaking of June Foray, here's a Kroger commercial with her as a chicken, with Shepard Menken (Clyde Crashcup from The Alvin Show, and himself a veteran of commercial work) as the narrator:

...and an Ajax commercial with Foray and Frees:

disman00911

I already mentioned M&Ms commercials earlier but in this 1996 ad, Phil Hartman voiced the chocolate bar that melted

Also, Cree Summer voiced the Green M&M. Forgot to mention that one.

disman00911

Another June Foray one. She reprised her role as Natasha from "Rocky & Bullwinkle" in this 1995 Energizer Bunny commercial

The post-Mel Blanc era Looney Tunes commercials (1990 onward) had various actors as Bugs Bunny and the rest of the gang. If a commercial featured either Daffy Duck, Sylvester or Tweety, it was very likely Joe Alaskey was doing the voices. Likewise, Jim Cummings was often heard as Taz whenever he appeared.

Bugs & Daffy Visa 90s commercial

Sylvester & Tweety Miracle Whip commercial from 1998
MCI commercial w/Taz & Michael Jordan

disman00911

In the late 90s, Billy West did some of the voices in the Brisk Iced Tea commercials that featured stop-motion versions of celebrities.

hobbyfan

We could start with Charlie the Star-Kist Tuna. :proud:
Actually, it was Herschel Bernardi for many years. Frees did some ads, like for Raid, and other products.

So, I'll add my ten cents:

Casey Kasem did voice-overs for Soft & Dri, Ford, Chevron, just for starters.

Danny Dark was the long time announcer for Keebler, and did some Raid ads.

Michael Bell was the voice behind the small talking Parkay tub (Thurl Ravenscroft was the big tub), and also shilled for Red Lobster, Zales Jewelers, and appeared in ads for Cool Whip and Purina Dog Chow (contest promotion).

And that's just for starters.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
David Kaye narrated Enzyte commercials.

Jeremy Levy narrated the commercials for a variety of products including Snickers and Nerf.

Zorak Masaki

Victor Caroli, the narrator for G1 Transformers did the narration for the film trailer for Videodrome. And on that note, Peter Cullen did the promos for the original Toonami (including The Transformers Unicron trilogy).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts