Video Game Music Topic of Heaven

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Here, we post our favorite video game music, one per post, and embedded for convenience. There's a lot of ground to cover, so I'll get us all started with an easy one:

Last edited:

PunkPhantom

Addicted to Toons & Tunes
This is something I've discovered and have since fallen in love with. I've never played this game but I have played its sequel We <3 Katamari.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
At any given moment there's a good chance this is running through my head. Although sometimes it's the underworld version.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
My favorite VG theme, presented in its original 16 bit goodiness:

It was so good, that bum Ganon had to steal it.

I'll get us all started with an easy one:

You have the Skyward Sword bonus CD, right? This theme and the Wind Waker arrangement blew me away when I first heard them orchestrated.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
Oh, one per post, not easy for me... well there's Stardust from Lazy Jones that gave use Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation and is one of the most iconic pieces of music to many sports fans if they realize were it came from or not, I could go for something from Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura but most of the tracks were a similar tune that varied to mach with the setting so it hard to pick just one but in game it did a fantastic job setting the tone and emotional felling of the setting, I really like several of the character themes from Waku Waku 7, Let's Go! Onmyoji ji ji ji from Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou is very, very catchy, but if I had to pick one I would have to go with a Hell March from the C&C: Red Alert series although that not easy because there are four official version of the song but I guess I'll go with Hell March 2:

Punisher

One Shot At Glory

Probably my favorite 3D Sonic level ever, and from a really underrated game. The music just relaxes you, and suits the level perfectly.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
If you take the effort to target an enemy first with the R trigger, you can learn their level of difficulty BEFORE you rush in and attack them, but I only remember to do this when the enemy is so gigantic that it has to be out of my current league. Otherwise, I usually find out I'm screwed once the "special" battle music kicks in:

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Epic harp-playing twins doing "Ballad of the Goddess" from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Everything about this is awesome.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Tim Follin, one of my favorite game composers, did the music for Solstice. This is a great title tune, especially for the NES.

RockmanDash

Retired

This song plays in my head during math tests ;). 1:52-2:05 is simply the best moment for me by executing "Turnabout sisters" in the most moving way possible.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork

Homeworld shows how the gravity and emotion of a situation can be conveyed with a bit of subtle voice acting and the right music: best example is the return of Kharak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Bioshock: Infinite's version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." FIFTEEN-MINUTE LOOP.

There is also a loop on YouTube that goes on for ten hours.

Pc-Famicom64

In honor of today's announcement, I might as well:

[video=youtube;B0evYaCV5QA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0evYaCV5QA&amp;feature=player_embedded[/video]
Speaking of DuckTales, I always wonder why Capcom never used extra sound hardware in their Famicom games like what Konami, Namco and even Sunsoft did, as they tend to sound better then the stock 2A03 chip (compare the Famicom & NES versions of Castlevania 3 and you will understand why), but anyway, heres a Namco-163 version of the some song showing you what if Capcom did use extra sound hardware.

Ducktales- The Moon (N163) - YouTube

As for a song that has not bin posted on here, heres the 3rd stage of TwinBee Yahoo, back when Konami used to be excellent.

(Top 1,000 VGM) #988 - Over the Sea - YouTube

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
How about a little Funk
Interstate '76's soundtrack was composed by Arion Salazar of Third Eye Blind.
I could only ever make it about half way through this game: very hard.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts