"Victor and Valentino" News & Discussion Thread

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Sorry for double post

More new episodes of Victor and Valentino on April
Cartoon Network Sprouts Fresh Crop of Episode Premieres for April | Animation Magazine

April 6: "Legend of the Hidden Skate Park" While searching for a hidden skate park, Victor and Valentino happen upon a tribe of wild kids, who live in a society without rules or adults.

"Cleaning Day" Victor & Valentino gain a newfound respect for cleanliness after Chata’s house traps them inside its labyrinth of ancient, magical walls.

April 13 "The Babysitter" Vic & Val want to sneak out to a secret fireworks show but are thwarted when their new babysitter, Xochi, outsmarts them at every turn.

"Hurricane Chata" When V & V discover that Chata’s emotions control the water in the lake, they use it to their advantage and start their own wave pool business.

April 20 "Lonely Haunts Club" Instead of celebrating Valentine’s Day, Vic & Val take on a dare to explore a haunted mansion with their rivals, Charlene & Pineapple.

"Suerte" When Vic cheats on an enchanted board game, the malevolent characters come to life, and it’s up to V & V to figure out how to put them back in the game.

April 27 "The Dark Room" After getting rejected by a photography club, Val tries to get a picture of the legendary Chupacabra in order to prove himself.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I wasn’t interested in this show at first but it has very good visuals and a very good premise that looks to be a Mexican Gravity Falls so I may check it out.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
A couple days ago, CN uploaded the title sequence for the series.

I must say, I really love the atmosphere that is oozing in the visuals and sound design. Unfortunately, as of this writing it's only at 15K views, which is far, far too little. C'mon guys, I don't want this to be yet another CN gem that gets largely ignored by internet circles. I still haven't fully forgiven the community for giving Thundercats Roar infinitely more attention than Craig of the Creek.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm getting the vibe that it's a cross between The Road To El Dorado and The Legend Of The Three Caballeros. That's a good thing.

Unfortunately, as of this writing it's only at 15K views, which is far, far too little. C'mon guys, I don't want this to be yet another CN gem that gets largely ignored by internet circles. I still haven't fully forgiven the community for giving Thundercats Roar infinitely more attention than Craig of the Creek.
The show's videos in general haven't gotten the highest views on YouTube. Take a look . Why that's the case, I'm not sure.

Toon4Thought

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here's a sneak peek of one tomorrow's episodes of Victor and Valentino.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Unfortunately, as of this writing it's only at 15K views, which is far, far too little. C'mon guys, I don't want this to be yet another CN gem that gets largely ignored by internet circles. I still haven't fully forgiven the community for giving Thundercats Roar infinitely more attention than Craig of the Creek.
Now that I've thought about it more, I think I know why this show isn't getting as much attention as it should. It involves two words, albeit it's not the show's fault, "Infinity Train". There are a few reasons for this :

1. The pilots for both shows came out on the same day, November 2, 2016. The Victor And Valentino pilot currently sits at 873,000 views, while the Infinity Train pilot has over 4 million views. Infinity Train showed more potential due to a much heavier mysterious , mystical vibe, as opposed to the more comedic tone for Victor And Valentino, causing the former to overshadow the latter since they were released the same day. If there's even a hint of serialization, people eat it up.

2. Owen Dennis, the creator of Infinity Train, has given himself more of a presence compared to Victor And Valentino creator Diego Molano. Owen has shared quite a bit about the development process for his series, thus causing people to become more invested in the series. Diego has not shared as much about this series, hence it's shall we following.

3. There's also the shows they previously worked on. While Diego technically has more credits than Owen, he doesn't have a lot of notable credits. The only show Diego wrote for was Powerpuff Girls 2016. The other shows he worked such as Black Dynamite and OK KO were mainly in the art department, such as backgrounds and character designs, which people don't really look for. Owen worked on Regular Show early on, and stayed there until nearly the end, giving people even more incentive to check out his series.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Now that I've thought about it more, I think I know why this show isn't getting as much attention as it should. It involves two words, albeit it's not the show's fault, "Infinity Train". There are a few reasons for this :

1. The pilots for both shows came out on the same day, November 2, 2016. The Victor And Valentino pilot currently sits at 873,000 views, while the Infinity Train pilot has over 4 million views. Infinity Train showed more potential due to a much heavier mysterious , mystical vibe, as opposed to the more comedic tone for Victor And Valentino, causing the former to overshadow the latter since they were released the same day. If there's even a hint of serialization, people eat it up.

2. Owen Dennis, the creator of Infinity Train, has given himself more of a presence compared to Victor And Valentino creator Diego Molano. Owen has shared quite a bit about the development process for his series, thus causing people to become more invested in the series. Diego has not shared as much about this series, hence it's shall we following.

3. There's also the shows they previously worked on. While Diego technically has more credits than Owen, he doesn't have a lot of notable credits. The only show Diego wrote for was Powerpuff Girls 2016. The other shows he worked such as Black Dynamite and OK KO were mainly in the art department, such as backgrounds and character designs, which people don't really look for. Owen worked on Regular Show early on, and stayed there until nearly the end, giving people even more incentive to check out his series.
To cut it short, it's mostly about the lore, that goes to much along with GF, SU, and other serialized shows.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
To cut it short, it's mostly about the lore, that goes to much along with GF, SU, and other serialized shows.
That's the gist of it.

Also, here's an interview with Diego Molano.

Toon4Thought

Now that I've thought about it more, I think I know why this show isn't getting as much attention as it should. It involves two words, albeit it's not the show's fault, "Infinity Train".
Frankly, I've gotten really sick of people asking on many a Twitter or YouTube post, "Where's Infinity Train?" implying this show doesn't have any merit of its own. I'm looking forward to the show too, don't get me wrong, but... geez, be a little less picky people...

I hate how a cartoon has to be serialized and lore-heavy (or be on Netflix) to get any attention nowadays, I really do.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Frankly, I've gotten really sick of people asking on many a Twitter or YouTube post, "Where's Infinity Train?" implying this show doesn't have any merit of its own. I'm looking forward to the show too, don't get me wrong, but... geez, be a little less picky people...

I hate how a cartoon has to be serialized and lore-heavy (or be on Netflix) to get any attention nowadays, I really do.

The problem is is that these early episodes don't make a good first impression (which is essential to get people in general to really talk about and stand by something, which I feel this is unfortunately lacking like that of Summer Camp Island.), at least IMHO. It's just two half-brothers being annoying to each other, while bumbling into the supernatural elements happening around them (which are also more interesting than they are, and it only works so well for itself.

Outside of how I feel about it so far, it doesn't help that most people, outside of us, we - who actually give cartoons a chance to find their legs? These people are only watching it for Xochi (the show's equivalent of Wendy (GF) & Vicky (FOP)) and/or Charlene (that creepy goth girl who's crushing on Vic and it's one-sided as sin!).

Don't get me started on the MCs (the real problem here): Val is just too much of a stickler in some cases and Vic comes of much too annoying for my liking in a lot of cases (examples including him being a bit of a crybaby.) - hence my earlier argument of people only checking this out for the girls (Xochi, Charlene).

Also, and this is another personal gripe for me (unfortunately as much of a jerk as I'm coming off about this to some people here....): Zeus Cervas as Writer/Story-boarder and Casey Alexander as Supervising Producer...

Yeah, I don't trust these 2 as far as I can throw them to work on anything truly good (especially knowing their weak-sauce track record on the later seasons of Spongebob and them being one of many reasons I have an overall violent disapproval of Star Vs. in general!), save for earlier episodes of Harvey Beaks, where they were clearly under strict supervision to actually help make that show actually good, which this show hasn't really been (for me), so far.

And yet - I want to keep watching, to see if it can get any better... Only because once they start doing some actual world-building, actual character development, & storytelling, instead of trying too hard with the comedy like they are now, expect people to rush to its defense very quickly.

Too bad the likes of Legend Quest and/or Hilda are saying "You really have a lot of catching up to do!", for examples of shows that know how to blend comedy and the other things that a show in this generation - better yet, this show (!) needs in its system (e.g.: actual world-building, actual character development, & storytelling) ASAP.

Let's face reality - people don't want simple comedy anymore. And when it comes to this show with all these supernatural elements and potential being untapped (unlike in the pilot, where it was all over the place and the pilot showed actual promise as a result because of it!) - simple comedy IS NOT really gonna cut it here. At all.

Watching all 10 episodes available so far, It doesn't surprise me people want Infinity Train over this, as a result - this show has shown it doesn't have much going for it like it really needs to (e.g.: handling of the supernatural elements that both Hilda and Legend Quest did a better job with in general over 13 episodes for both shows respectively, while still blending in some good comedy to balance things out, hence why those 2 shows kick this one's butt all across Mexico!), outside of the pilot.

Last edited:

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

A couple days ago, CN uploaded the title sequence for the series.

I must say, I really love the atmosphere that is oozing in the visuals and sound design. Unfortunately, as of this writing it's only at 15K views, which is far, far too little. C'mon guys, I don't want this to be yet another CN gem that gets largely ignored by internet circles. I still haven't fully forgiven the community for giving Thundercats Roar infinitely more attention than Craig of the Creek.

I don't think views on Youtube really mean all that much. I've seen plently amount of people talk and praise V&V and Craig of the Creek. It's true that Thundercats Roar gets more attention, but it gets negative attention which is far from good. The attention it received caused stupid wars on the internet about CalArts and modern cartoons and it caused the creator to deactive his twitter account after constantly getting harassed by people online.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts