Vic Mignogna Controversies

Rhaynebow

You know what? I’m sick of this. I’m sick of people using Twitter like the new courtroom to destroy people. Show me a police report and THEN start cutting ties.

You’re darn right I’m being like this because out of all of these allegations in these last few years against people that I admire, Vic is where I draw the line. If this was happening for years, why wasn’t something done THEN? It’s not like the voice acting community is like Hollywood where whistleblowing can kick you out of the entire stinking city of L.A. If they had a problem with Vic, they wouldn’t have suffered if they called him out sooner. Seeing how quickly the other VAs and companies have swooped in to support the victims now, it’s pretty darn hypocritical of them to only start saying stuff after the victims bleed their hearts out online. Why did they keep their arms behind their backs until now?

I’m not saying that I don’t believe the allegations. I’m just disappointed to see Vic getting dropped from so many projects based on tweets. If he was truly a menace, he would have been fired years ago. Up until the Broly movie, the guy had been under the radar anyway. Why wait until he became relevant to pull the plug on his career?

If this makes me an apologist because I’m not 150% on the victims’ sides, then so be it. Very public tweets shouldn’t be the reason why Vic is getting his name dragged through the mud. If there was a problem, it should have been dealt with immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
You know what? I’m sick of this. I’m sick of people using Twitter like the new courtroom to destroy people. Show me a police report and THEN start cutting ties.

I'm not sure if they could reveal a police report. The most we'd get on that is news that he has been arrested or taken to court, but we wouldn't get something like a police report. I understand the point you're trying to make here, but they don't need a police report to just cut ties from Vic. I'm not sure if there are different laws about this in different states, but I'm pretty sure people can be fired without being charged for criminal behavior. Accusations like sexual harassment are pretty serious, so that wouldn't need police involvement for the accused to be fired.

Rhaynebow said:
You’re darn right I’m being like this because out of all of these allegations in these last few years against people that I admire, Vic is where I draw the line. If this was happening for years, why wasn’t something done THEN? It’s not like the voice acting community is like Hollywood where whistleblowing can kick you out of the entire stinking city of L.A. If they had a problem with Vic, they wouldn’t have suffered if they called him out sooner.

People apparently have tried to do something about him. Monica Rial confronted him at least twice about his behavior and it might have happened with other voice actors or people behind the scenes, but it kept happening. He just gave out the same crocodile tears like in his apology during his recent con and then proceeded to do the same kind of stuff. Since Vic is so popular among anime voice actors, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some connections to help him keep getting roles even with this behavior in mind. I'm not familiar with how the voice acting industry works exactly, but I'm pretty sure whistleblowing would put people at risk for being blacklisted.

I also doubt that they wouldn't have suffered if they had called him out sooner. For starters, Vic has some pretty rabid die-hard fans, some of which have already harassed other voice actors and sent them death threats. I don't think that would have changed if they had spoken up earlier. If anything, that would have put them at greater risk for harassment and being blacklisted. Some of these claims start around the late 2000's, which was arguably when Vic's popularity was at its peak. People would have dismissed the voice actors' claims as being a smear campaign even more than some already do. Plus, the main reason why these accusations are getting more attention now is because of the #MeToo movement. Claims of sexual harassment and the like fortunately get more attention now than they have even just a few years ago. There would have been more backlash, or at least less people willing to listen to them, had the voice actors spoke out against Vic years ago.

Rhaynebow said:
Seeing how quickly the other VAs and companies have swooped in to support the victims now, it’s pretty darn hypocritical of them to only start saying stuff after the victims bleed their hearts out online. Why did they keep their arms behind their backs until now?

I don't think it's hypocritical. They're able to speak out now because of how many other victims have come forward and I imagine that they wanted to offer solidarity with those people. Knowing that even the people who have worked with Vic have either had their own terrible experiences with him or at least offers support for the victims and encourages other people to listen to them is pretty huge for those people.

Like I said, I don't think that the situation was that easy for the voice actors. Ideally, it would have been nice if these accusation got more attention and Vic was dealt with much earlier so that he wouldn't have hurt more people, but it would be hard for the voice actors to come out with their experiences when their careers would have been at risk. Since so many of them are speaking out now, I hope that won't be possible, but it still might have been too much of a risk without other victims speaking out first. Besides that, the whole complaining that people didn't speak up sooner is such victim blaming logic and it rubs me the wrong way.

Rhaynebow said:
I’m not saying that I don’t believe the allegations. I’m just disappointed to see Vic getting dropped from so many projects based on tweets. If he was truly a menace, he would have been fired years ago. Up until the Broly movie, the guy had been under the radar anyway. Why wait until he became relevant to pull the plug on his career?

I don't think he's being dropped form those projects based only on tweets. If these accusations were unfounded, I don't think his employers would have too much of an issue keeping him around, but when even other voice actors within the industry are calling him out for his behavior, I don't think that you can brush off the accusations as just tweets. These are stories that have been circling around for years and are just now getting attention within the public eye. I don't think that the fact he has lasted around for years means that he wasn't a menace, especially when a lot of the accusations aren't even recent. Awful people can get work in entertainment for years before they get consequences for their actions. This isn't really anything new in that regard. Vic's friendly public image might have helped him avoid any serious consequences for his actions too.

Vic has still been relatively popular before the Broly movie. A lot of people think that this started just because of that movie, but I don't think that's the case either. A lot of the people speaking out against Vic probably didn't know about the movie or at least haven't kept up with his career. It might have helped to gather more attention for the accusation since it is one of his most iconic roles, but people weren't planning the #KickVic hastag for this movie.

Rhaynebow said:
If this makes me an apologist because I’m not 150% on the victims’ sides, then so be it. Very public tweets shouldn’t be the reason why Vic is getting his name dragged through the mud. If there was a problem, it should have been dealt with immediately.

The tweets aren't the reason why Vic's getting his name dragged through the mud. Considering his reputation, his name has been through the mud for a long time. His behavior was apparently considered an open secret within the anime/voice acting community. These accusations aren't entirely new. Ideally, Vic's behavior should have been dealt with immediately, but it sadly isn't that simple. A lot of people would rather discredit the victims coming forward with their stories than actually believe them. It's one of the many reasons why people have a hard time telling their stories. Having to deal with sexual harassment, or really anything uncomfortable, and people saying that they're lying must be incredibly painful. A lot of people refused to believe that Bill Cosby could be a rapist until the court rulings and even then, I suspect there are people who still refuse to believe those accusations.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

You’re darn right I’m being like this because out of all of these allegations in these last few years against people that I admire, Vic is where I draw the line. If this was happening for years, why wasn’t something done THEN? It’s not like the voice acting community is like Hollywood where whistleblowing can kick you out of the entire stinking city of L.A. If they had a problem with Vic, they wouldn’t have suffered if they called him out sooner. Seeing how quickly the other VAs and companies have swooped in to support the victims now, it’s pretty darn hypocritical of them to only start saying stuff after the victims bleed their hearts out online. Why did they keep their arms behind their backs until now?

I was abused as a kid. It was soft abuse but it still made me feel scared and dirty. I didn't come forward because I was ashamed and embarrassed and thought nobody would believe me. You want to know why I've been coming down so hard on you for your defenses in these types of threads? That's why. Your words in this post have cut me and people like me more than you'll ever know or care about.

Rhaynebow

I was abused as a kid. It was soft abuse but it still made me feel scared and dirty. I didn't come forward because I was ashamed and embarrassed and thought nobody would believe me. You want to know why I've been coming down so hard on you for your defenses in these types of threads? That's why. Your words in this post have cut me and people like me more than you'll ever know or care about.

I apologize if my stance has caused you any pain, and I hate to burst your bubble, but I was assaulted when I was a kid by someone in my extended family. We had opened up our home to them and I got hurt. I also kept it under wraps. I was afraid of tainting the image of the perfect union, which was already on shaky grounds. But I eventually did as my side of the family already didn’t trust the extended side. It was terrible, I felt terrible and I was sure that things were going to change for good.

But they didn’t. I was a merciful kid and didn’t feel like pressing charges. There was never a divorce, probably too expensive. The family stayed in our lives and the event was swept under the still tattered rug. The last I heard of his actual punishment was that he wasn’t allowed to do his job in the state the crime occurred. Did he get away with it? Yeah, pretty much. Was I too lenient? In today’s times, yeah, I guess.

You want to know why I tend to be on the defense? My assaulter’s future is one social media post away from being destroyed. All I have to do is type up a massive paragraph, or a few series of tweets, talking about the sounds of both sides of the family screaming at each other, the extended side telling me that they don’t believe me. The counseling and the firestorm that happened during THAT brief time. My inability to look men in the eyes for a time afterwards. Hit “post” and all I’d have to do is sit back and watch the Internet take his reputation, his job, his house, probably his wife who I still believe doesn’t know what happened, his friends, and the respect. His life would be over THAT quickly.

That’s a lot of power and I’m not comfortable with total strangers who weren’t there, who don’t know me, casting judgement with biting hashtags and doxing skills on my behalf. Whatever beef I have with him is between us and our families, not some random convention 387 miles away that would drop him from their panels. Not to a film crew wishing to cover a story about him but then deciding against it. Not to a no name studio that hasn’t made anything yet.

I get defensive and believe in second chances because I believe in forgiveness, practically the new “f-word” in this age of Internet Outrage. The net goes out of its way to demand the scumbag lose everything as punishment, but never agrees on the limit. It never agrees on the proper way for the perp to make amends.

I see Vic, someone that I admire, someone who I imagined playing the main lead in my story, the first voice actor I got an autograph from and saying how much he liked my name. I see him now losing roles he was iconic for, being uninvited to conventions fans would wait hours to attend and seeing him in that video, apologizing and breaking down for his very bad and honestly understandable mistake that just because 1000 people want a hug, it doesn’t mean everybody does.

I see my other favorite voice actors calling him out and ripping him to pieces and I wonder why these unfortunate situations happening at Funimation in Texas need to be touted out to the World Wide Web. Again, if this was an ongoing problem, why wait until the whole wide world knows to actually do something? “We’re going to keep the guy who keeps hurting our workers until the Internet mobs demand we fire him.” Talk about priorities.

Again, I’m sorry if my defensiveness is hurting you, but I personally believe forgiveness and moving on from my very personal trauma is a better method than pointing my social media finger at someone and letting the truly unforgiving crowd that is the Internet beat my attacker down. That’s not justice to me. That’s constantly ripping open the scab.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I see Vic, someone that I admire, someone who I imagined playing the main lead in my story, the first voice actor I got an autograph from and saying how much he liked my name. I see him now losing roles he was iconic for, being uninvited to conventions fans would wait hours to attend and seeing him in that video, apologizing and breaking down for his very bad and honestly understandable mistake that just because 1000 people want a hug, it doesn’t mean everybody does.

That apology and breaking down still comes off as insincere to me. He did at least recognize his mistake with the hugs, but considering all of the other accusations against him that he brushed aside, it really doesn't make his apology believable. There's a reason why even voice actors called him out for his crocodile tears after that video came out. I still hope that there was some sincerity behind it, but at this point, I don't think I can believe Vic's words. Actions speak louder than words after all. Although, to give Vic more credit, he did at least post on his twitter that he didn't condone people defending him by harassing or sending death threats to other people. It's sad that he even had to do that and talking about wanting to spread love definitely felt insincere to me, but at least he handled that part of the situation better than expected.

Rhaynebow said:
I see my other favorite voice actors calling him out and ripping him to pieces and I wonder why these unfortunate situations happening at Funimation in Texas need to be touted out to the World Wide Web. Again, if this was an ongoing problem, why wait until the whole wide world knows to actually do something? “We’re going to keep the guy who keeps hurting our workers until the Internet mobs demand we fire him.” Talk about priorities.

Again, that's pretty much victim blaming logic. While we are learning more about these stories from voice actors and other people within the industry speaking out, we don't know everything that goes on behind the scene. We don't know how many people behind the scenes knew just how bad Vic's actions were or if he has/had connections that made it easier for him to keep getting work even with these accusations in mind. And the situation of speaking out isn't that easy when your career is potentially on the line. They're only able to speak out now because more victims are coming out and they want to share their stories/offer support for the victims.

Plus, it isn't impossible for awful people to keep getting work within the entertainment industry. This isn't exactly new, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that someone like a popular voice actor like Vic could still get work despite being a terrible person.

Rhaynebow said:
Again, I’m sorry if my defensiveness is hurting you, but I personally believe forgiveness and moving on from my very personal trauma is a better method than pointing my social media finger at someone and letting the truly unforgiving crowd that is the Internet beat my attacker down. That’s not justice to me. That’s constantly ripping open the scab.

I am extremely sorry that you and Fone Bone had to deal with abuse and assault. I can understand why you believe that forgiveness and moving on is a better method of handling that trauma. That can be a good way for people to heal, but I don't think that means speaking out on social media is worse or not a valid way for people to move on. Granted, I haven't dealt with anything like assault, so I'm just speaking from an outsider's perspective. I just don't think people should be belittled for speaking out on social media. Some people may want to forgive and forget, but I don't think that would apply to everyone. Forgiveness isn't required to move on. There are some actions that are pretty unforgivable and forgiveness isn't deserved. It's something that people have to earn. Some people may want to get their stories out to vent or so that it wouldn't be bottled up inside them anymore.

I also doubt that these people started to speak out with the purpose of ruining Vic's career. Some people might, but most people just wanted to have their voices heard, especially if they've been sharing these stories for years, and so people would be more careful around him at cons. It was up to his employers if they wanted to keep him around in the mist of these allegations. Honestly, after reading all of these stories, I'm fine with the notion of Vic losing more roles and not getting work within the voice acting industry. I can understand being upset about how this situation turned out, especially when it sounds like you really like Vic's acting, but he deserves consequences for his actions after all these years.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I think I'm probably going to make a last post before ducking out for a bit. This thread is a bit draining for me (as these threads tend to be). And I'm listening to Rhaynebow's story and I can't argue with somebody who has had a similar experience to me, but dealt with the pain in a different way than I did. But I don't really think a different perspective about forgiveness is behind the defense of these people, even if maybe it's part of Rhaynebow's.

Rhaynebow for sure is right that doxxing and internet mob rule is never okay. But I think the only people who can really judge a person's level of forgiveness are the people who were wronged. I'm not saying this makes Rhaynebow a stronger person that Vic's victims, or even myself, but I think he's onto something when he claims it's not our responsibility as fans to judge.

And to be honest, I do understand the kneejerk need to defend these men. I do. Because there are SO many of these stories, I would sleep better at night knowing there were a handful of women out there who smear men with the accusations of sexual abuse and harassment to ruin their careers out of spite. Part of me wishes that were so because it would mean I could enjoy Pixar and Ren & Stimpy again.

But I think the truth is far more frightening, and thus easier for some people to deny. It's so frightening, that it is much easier to tell yourself stories about women of ill-repute who are simply having regrets the morning after and confusing that with rape. The truth is FAR more frightening.

The truth is all of these accusations are coming out because this horrendous behavior is systemic in not only the entertainment industry, but in all walks of life. But before Trump, and Cosby, and Weinstein, we had the luxury of pretending it didn't exist, or that it was relegated to a few bad apples and lone wolves. And the floodgates opening when they did shows that society is not as safe or good as we always told ourselves it was. This behavior is not an aberration. And believe it or not, that doesn't make it acceptable or okay.

I hear a lot of arguments that the amount of people caught up in this will hobble both the entertainment industry and basically all walks of life. And you know what? Maybe that should happen. Louis C.K. is NOT a sociopath. Maybe if this had happened 40 years ago he never would have done what he did. Not every single man who did this is irredeemable, at least not deep down in my mind. And it's the fact that we are dealing with this for the first time which is why it's going to be especially painful for those of us living through it and seeing our heroes knocked down one by one. It's not easy. It scary.

Rhaynebow spoke of something interesting: That Vic was friendly and nice to him at the convention. But sex offenders and predators don't automatically look like the creepers they show on Dateline. They look like everyone else, and somebody you would never suspect. And that's how they get away with it. I'm certain Vic is warm and friendly to his fans in public. But many people wear different faces in their private lives, and from the women who have come forward, and not backed down from their stories, that seems to be the case here.

I honestly get the urge to deny there is a problem, and claim this is all feminism run amok. There truth is much worse. It's always been this way, and this is just the first time we've been willing to talk about it. As much pain as our current fandoms are going through as we watch our favorite creative talents be knocked down to Earth, I take comfort future generations of fans either won't have to suffer this, or suffer this at this level. What is happening now is painful for fans who used to love Pixar. But because we are going through it, there is a strong probability that most creators in the future won't actually do this to women. I believe the reason it kept happening was because the men who did it believed they could get away with it. It was a power trip. And I'm thinking that if Louis CK knew his masturbation habits around unwilling women would ever come out, he'd never dare do it. I don't believe compulsion is behind a lot of this behavior. It's the fact that these people have never been called out on their poor behavior because their fans liked them so much.

It's possible that entertainment in the future will be less rich if some of our creative voices are "silenced" like this. But you know what? That's okay with me. I'll accept pop culture being a little bit worse if women can feel safe in the workplace and be able to soar as creatively as any man. Maybe our movies and TV will look very different in ten years. But I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. And if this had happened forty years ago, we'd probably not be going through this at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's long overdue.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's getting pretty bad for Vic Mignogna when yet another of his fellow voice actors accuses him of wrongdoing:

Its pretty damning that none of his fellow voice actors stood up for him, but have all said he is a creep.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Reading through her story was pretty intense and unsettling. It also covers quite a few reasons why voice actors wouldn't feel comfortable speaking out against him earlier. Vic is worshiped by some of his intense fans and he has a friendly public image, so that would make it harder for people to believe anyone speaking out against him.

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
After spending the last week going over the allegations, I have come to the personal conclusion that many of them, perhaps most of them are true. That old adage of "Where there is smoke, there is fire" is a good rule of thumb for these cases, and when you have this many accusations floating around you have to take them extremely seriously. I have never met Vic, but knew some of the rumors and they made me uneasy. Also, there was an incident several years ago where he acted in a very unprofessional manner towards a (male) professional acquaintance of mine. Nothing on the level of what you have heard about the past few weeks, but it made me leery of him.

It was very arbitrary that this was the moment where everything came out, instead of a decade ago, but that is just how it is. Also, it worries me that Twitter seems to have more legal power in this day and age than our court system, but as I stated above when hundreds of people who are not related to each other have similar stories about Vic, it can no longer be ignored.

I would also like to direct attention to the story of Jimmy Saville, a once beloved children's entertainer over in the UK who turned out to be a serial sexual predator with thousands of victims. He was never publicly exposed until after his death. Like Vic, he did a lot of charity work and was greatly beloved by throngs of adoring fans before the truth came out.

Jimmy Savile - Wikipedia

It hurts to find out someone who had real talent is also a dirtbag, but that is how it often is in this world. We have to remember that while we should admire talent, it should never be a shield from truth and justice.

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Okay, I wonder what Caitlin Glass has to say about Vic because they were very close friends that they both played major roles in FMA and Ouran.

Light Lucario

Staff member
After spending the last week going over the allegations, I have come to the personal conclusion that many of them, perhaps most of them are true. That old adage of "Where there is smoke, there is fire" is a good rule of thumb for these cases, and when you have this many accusations floating around you have to take them extremely seriously. I have never met Vic, but knew some of the rumors and they made me uneasy. Also, there was an incident several years ago where he acted in a very unprofessional manner towards a (male) professional acquaintance of mine. Nothing on the level of what you have heard about the past few weeks, but it made me leery of him.

That's one reason why I'm somewhat surprised that people still think that all of these accusations are lies. Mathematically speaking, it would be highly unlikely that all, or even most, of these accusations are false at this point. There are stories covering over a decade of Vic's career and the people speaking out aren't connected to each other beyond encountering Vic. Not to mention even people within the voice acting industry have spoken out against him. That should make it clearer that these accusations are true when no one within the industry is even bothering to defend him. There's really no room to doubt these claims at this point. False accusations happen, but not nearly as much as people think that they do considering the harassment and trauma people have to deal with when just speaking out.

Grenzer said:
It was very arbitrary that this was the moment where everything came out, instead of a decade ago, but that is just how it is. Also, it worries me that Twitter seems to have more legal power in this day and age our court system, but as I stated above when hundreds of people who are not related to each other have similar stories about Vic, it can no longer be ignored.

It sadly isn't surprising that this reveal is happening now as opposed to a decade ago. It would have been more ideal since it could have prevented Vic from hurting more people, but there are more people able to speak out and be heard now about sexual harassment now than just a few years ago. If this had happened in 2009 instead, the backlash would have been even more intense and it's already pretty bad given how some of his diehard fans have reacted. I'm not even sure if he would have been dealt with back then given he was pretty popular around that time.

As for Twitter having legal power, you don't really need to be arrested and taken to court in order to lose your job. Like you pointed out, these allegations can't be ignored at this point and keeping him around during this time would just give the companies involved a bad image. I don't know if he can be taken the court, although I do hope that he can, but he can certainly lose his roles and con appearances over his actions at the very least.

Grenzer said:
I would also like to direct attention to the story of Jimmy Saville, a once beloved children's entertainer over in the UK who turned out to be a serial sexual predator with thousands of victims. He was never publicly exposed until after his death. Like Vic, he did a lot of charity work and was greatly beloved by throngs of adoring fans before the truth came out.

Jimmy Savile - Wikipedia

It hurts to find out someone who had real talent is also a dirtbag, but that how it often is in this world. We have to remember that while we should admire talent, it should never be a shield from truth and justice.

I remember hearing about that a few years ago. The idea that people can have such a friendly public image only be really monsters on the inside is quite horrifying. I can still understand how painful it is to find out the truth, but I agree that talent shouldn't negate what they did.

Bringing up Jimmy Savile also reminded me of this accusation that happened before Vic was even famous. I should point out that it involves Vic targeting a teenage high school girl when he was twenty six. It is unsettling to say the least:

If this is true, which I believe it is, hen I truly hope that Vic is not allowed to be around children, or at least not given a platform to be admired by kids anymore. I hoped that since these accusations started to get more attention, but it's even stronger if he has been doing this kind of stuff even before he became a voice actor. Fortunately, it looks like that is going to happen. He's already lost most of his con appearances for this year and given how infamous he already was among con staffers, these accusations just give them more reason not to invite him. He has already been fired from Rooster Teeth and most likely been silently dropped from Funimation. I doubt that they'd hire him for any future roles after a lot of their other prominent voice actors have spoken out against him and/or offered support to the victims. I'm not sure if more legal action can be taken against him, but blacklisting him from the voice acting industry would still be a good option if that isn't already in the beginning stages.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that Funimation even made a public statement. Since he was already replaced in one of their simulcast dubs, I figured that they would just silently drop him, which would have been fine. It still showed that they were taking action, but I'm glad that they made their stance perfectly clear. With all of the accusations surrounding him, some of which came from some of their other voice actors, more drastic measures needed to be taken.

I just wish that they could have cut ties with him sooner. Since his behavior was considered such an open secret within the industry, I wonder if the higher ups in places like Funimation knew about his behavior too. Like I've said before, there are a lot of reasons why someone like Vic could still get work even with being such a creep all these years. A lot of people within their company might not have been able to tell their stories if other victims didn't come forward first and I still think that the the backlash would have been even more intense if this happened during the peak of his popularity. His fans are still demanding proof, harassing voice actors and demanding Rooster Teeth and now Funimation to hire him again. That kind of behavior would be ten times worse if this happened in the late 2000's. Ideally, it would have been nice if he had been dealt sooner so he wouldn't have hurt other people, but it's better late than never.

This is still a heavy blow to his career considering a lot of his popular roles came from the anime Funimation licensed, although they no longer have the rights to FMA oddly enough. Now I just wonder if Viz and any other anime studio will issue a statement or silently drop him. For Viz, it probably depends on if he is done recording his lines for that Jojo series yet or if they want to get someone else to take over his role if that is a possibility. Since two prominent companies have cut ties with Vic due to these allegations, I don't think other companies will keep him around much longer either.

This might make it more likely for them to hire a new actor to redub his lines in the Broly movie too. As surprisingly satisfying as the thought of redubbing all of Vic's roles with someone else sounds to me, it obviously isn't financially possible. His list of anime roles is far too long and covers different studios for that to be even considered for a moment, but doing so for the most recent Dragon Ball movie might be an option. I'm not sure if that would help or hurt Funimation in the long run. It is the last time Vic gets to play Broly, I can definitely see his diehard fans throwing a fit if they make that recording unavailable and it still might be more expensive to do even for one movie. It would give Broly a consistent dub voice assuming he makes more appearances in another Dragon Ball Super series and it might be a good way for the new actor to test out the role than in a Dragon Ball video game, but it's hard to say for sure either way. I just wouldn't be too shocked if this does lead to them redubbing his lines in the Broly movie.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Presumably, this won't affect JoJo because the dubbing's already done, but will Viz also cut ties with him? I know he's also E-123 Omega in the Sonic games, so that role will also be recast most likely.

Light Lucario

Staff member
So are they going to redub all of the anime Vic has been in?

No, I doubt that the people involve would even consider something like that. I said that the thought of recasting all of Vic's roles sounded surprisingly satisfying for me, but it would just be too expensive to actually do. Plus, they've have to go through a lot of their old shows and considering how many years he's been doing voice acting, it would require a lot more work than they'd want to do. The only redub I could see happening would be the Broly movie since it's more recent and it hasn't been released on DVD yet, but even that isn't a guarantee.

Presumably, this won't affect JoJo because the dubbing's already done, but will Viz also cut ties with him? I know he's also E-123 Omega in the Sonic games, so that role will also be recast most likely.

I imagine they will. It's probably just a matter of when at this point. I don't know if he harassed any of the voice actors who frequently work at Viz Media as well, but given the accusations, keeping him around wouldn't really be good for their public image. I don't know if Vic has any other roles in one of Viz's dubs though. I think he did voices in Naruto, but I don't know if that carries over into Shippuden or Boruto. I forgot that he voices Omega in the Sonic games. I remember that he actually sang the ending theme for Sonic Colors. He'll probably be replaced in that role as well.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So either there is a sinister cabal at work, made up of Vic's fellow voice actors and people who have met him in the past, who want to make him look bad, for no explainable reason or Vic was a creep who's luck ran out. Hmm, one of these things seems more likely than the other.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
It's good to see Funimation make the right choice to cut ties with him after all of this. In instances like these given how long have these accusations been, how many people have supported these claims and fellow voice actors showing support, then these stories are true. I doubt anyone would really target Vic for any reason other than what has been said. It's saddening to hear fans of his being put in uncomfortable situations along with anyone he worked with.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts