Vic Mignogna Controversies

Latest News & Videos

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
It's really not surprising. Anime Matsuri seems to be pretty infamous among cons from what I understand, so of course they wouldn't really care about potentially endangering people during a pandemic. Considering how bad it currently is in Texas, it would be especially horrific to hold a convention there now though. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be legally required to shut it down. As much as people want to reopen, they obviously can't because that can and did result in cases increasing dramatically. Anyone willing to go to a con during this time is pretty far gone at this point.

As for Vic, it's pretty pathetic for anyone to celebrate him getting invited to a con, let alone something like Anime Matsuri. If his fans/supporters actually cared about him, they wouldn't want Vic to go to any cons during this pandemic. He is over fifty. I obviously don't know if he has any health conditions, but he would be at least close to a high risk category for the virus due to his age alone. If they cared about him, they would want Vic to not go a con to potential risk his health and the health of other people, but that would require having empathy, which I don't think is particularly common among a lot of Vic's supporters. Instead, they think that getting Vic to an infamous convention during a pandemic is cause for celebration.
They don't really care about him. He's more of a proxy figure for their nonsense culture war.

Why are we still talking about this jag again?
Was thinking something bigger happened myself.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Anime Matsuri is so desperate for guests they are inviting Vic back and I Stand With Vic is celebrating. Just being open is controversial considering the pandemic and every other major Texas con except Ikkicon has officially cancelled for 2020. It looks like it's hard for cons to convince VAs to risk their lives as only James Callis and a few voice actors from Mexico are coming aside from Vic.
Is this is an in person con over a virtual one?

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
An in person con in Houston, America's 4th largest city and a coronavirus hotspot. Of course Anime Matsuri would be desperate to find talent willing to take such a risk.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
Anime Matsuri just cancelled got cancelled by Houston's mayor, so moot point. Anime USA in Washington DC looks to be the only major US con still not cancelled yet somehow.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
That is a huge relief given how intense the situation is in Texas right now. Any kind of con that wants to stay an in-person con at this point is just not worth it to say the least.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy anniversary to Rugrats, Doug and The Ren & Stimpy Show, which premiered on Nickelodeon 29 years ago today!
Look guys! Another reboot:

...and it is going to be a drama?

Just like with San Diego Comic Con a few weeks ago, New York Comic Con will be virtual this year. It's from October 8-11.
I wish a happy birthday to Roger Craig Smith (45), Will Friedle (44), and Alyson Stoner (27). Roger's roles include Batman, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Captain America. Will's roles include Terry McGinnis/Batman, Ron Stoppable, and Peter Quill/Star Lord. Allyson's roles include Isabella (Phineas And Ferb), Batgirl (Young Justice, Lego DC DVD movies), and Sam Sharp.