Vic Mignogna Controversies

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
It's been a year, his lawsuit blew up in his face and he's openly insulting and gaslighting his victims in a live stream. What a disgusting human being. I find myself regretting thinking that he was a good person more and more as time goes on. I know that they're still going to file an appeal for the lawsuit, but that is not going to provide a different result for Vic beyond paying more money. All this does besides making him look worse is give more fuel to his hard core supporters. Granted, he doesn't actively tell people to harass his victims, but going on a live stream to gaslight them, insult their claims and basically call them liars isn't going to help anyone, especially when I'll still see and hear about people being harassed for speaking out against Vic. Not to mention he's feeding more of that conspiracy nonsense with how his co workers were plotting to destroy him.

Aside from trying to look more like a victim, I honestly don't know what he was trying to do here. This makes his apologies made earlier last year look even more garbage and makes it clear just how poisonous Vic is at this point. Why would any company want to associate with someone who is a potential danger to their other employees and has attempted to sue their former employer? He might have salvaged something of a career within voice acting if he actually took time off to get help and actually show that he improved, but that ship sailed ages ago. Now he's just PR poison and he's burning down so many bridges. He either really doesn't understand that his behavior was unacceptable or is so full of himself that he can't see why he crossed the line. It was probably a bit of both.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
Is there even one Vic supporter who isn't a gamergate/comicsgate person? #Istandwithvic just seems like an extension of those movements. That crowd is might be his only real support. He admitted to cheating on Michele Spect and trying to "seduce" voice actresses. It's hard to argue you're a persecuted Christian after breaking one of the Ten Commandments. That was one way he lost a portion of his former fanbase. It seems like he's pretty self righteous as earlier he at least had half hearted apologies rather than just defenses of himself. No apologies to Jamie Marchi for making her feel uncomfortable because he intended his hair pulling to be "playful" and not intentional sexual harassment (which is a pretty bad excuse).

Reactions: RDG

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
There's a Canadian convention that just invited Vic and Nick Rikeita of all people. Who in their right mind would invite him as he seems to be more of an alt right figure than a geek culture figure. It disturbs me this is infecting cons. Considering that most of the con's guest list is made of obscure Youtubers, it is probably a crap convention. What's weird is that I can't think of any cons in my part of the world (outside Texas) that have invited Vic. I know the redneck stereotype of where I live, but I'm shocked that Vic is so unpopular this side of the Red River (and Kansas and Arkansas don't like him either). Then again, Jamie Marchi is from here and a good quantity of us seem to support her. I am surprised that Canada of all places would be nutty enough to invite Nick Rickeita.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
There's a Canadian convention that just invited Vic and Nick Rikeita of all people. Who in their right mind would invite him as he seems to be more of an alt right figure than a geek culture figure. It disturbs me this is infecting cons. Considering that most of the con's guest list is made of obscure Youtubers, it is probably a crap convention. What's weird is that I can't think of any cons in my part of the world (outside Texas) that have invited Vic. I know the redneck stereotype of where I live, but I'm shocked that Vic is so unpopular this side of the Red River (and Kansas and Arkansas don't like him either). Then again, Jamie Marchi is from here and a good quantity of us seem to support her. I am surprised that Canada of all places would be nutty enough to invite Nick Rickeita.
There is an alt right movement in Canada, Jordan Peterson teaches at the University of Toronto. Where is this convention? A big city like Toronto, Vancouver or even Edmonton or is it a small town like Moose Jaw?

Reactions: Fone Bone

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
A big city like Toronto, Vancouver or even Edmonton or is it a small town like Moose Jaw?
It's Kitchhner Comic Con, which has a six figure population. That's not the only controversy as they say they will not do anything about harassment and that people should go to the cops. So many cons are messed up nowadays.

Reactions: Fone Bone and RDG

Dragnatek

Apr 21, 2011
Hammond IN
It's Kitchhner Comic Con, which has a six figure population. That's not the only controversy as they say they will not do anything about harassment and that people should go to the cops. So many cons are messed up nowadays.
That doesn't sound like most conventions though. Most seem to be very concerned about their guests these days. Though considering who this one invited they don't care.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
That doesn't sound like most conventions though. Most seem to be very concerned about their guests these days. Though considering who this one invited they don't care.
Unfortunately, there are lots of conventions with messed up individuals running them and we have a whole thread dedicated to that topic, Anime Conventions and Problematic Individuals. It seems that the upper Midwest and the south central US is where most stuff occurs (although in the latter's case, it has more to do with financial corruption than sexual harassment. See Arkansas Anime and Cosplay Celebration and Izumicon 2018 for examples).

Reactions: Fone Bone

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Is there even one Vic supporter who isn't a gamergate/comicsgate person? #Istandwithvic just seems like an extension of those movements. That crowd is might be his only real support. He admitted to cheating on Michele Spect and trying to "seduce" voice actresses. It's hard to argue you're a persecuted Christian after breaking one of the Ten Commandments. That was one way he lost a portion of his former fanbase. It seems like he's pretty self righteous as earlier he at least had half hearted apologies rather than just defenses of himself. No apologies to Jamie Marchi for making her feel uncomfortable because he intended his hair pulling to be "playful" and not intentional sexual harassment (which is a pretty bad excuse).
That is one of the reasons why supporting Vic is so mind boggling to me at this point. He admitted to cheating on his finance of twelve years both in his response to her email and in his affidavit. That alone should make his claims that he didn't harass other women questionable when he already proved to be dishonest and unfaithful to his partner. Not to mention that's just a big red flag in general for his behavior. Vic's apologies were always insincere, but now that he loss his case and still isn't getting invited to a lot of cons, he's just going for full on gaslighting mode. It would be pathetic if it wasn't incredibly insulting and possibly ignorant of what his victims have gone through during the past year.

Based on what this con has said on their Twitter page, I don't think that they care about having a good safe con. They just want to make a quick buck. Bringing Vic would already be a questionable decision given his attitude and fanbase, but Nick, who just yells slurs, makes racist comments and is blatantly sexist, pretty much makes it clear that they just want to capitalize on the controversy for their own benefit.

It's rather telling that these kind of cons are the ones that still want to invite Vic. He still gets con invites, but I think it has been much less since the accusations and lawsuit started, which makes sense. Why would cons want to invite someone who has a long history of sexual harassment, has been known to treat con workers like dirt and is now attracting more of the alt right crowd than just anime fans? There are more popular voice actors with more current big roles than Vic currently has and they hopefully don't involve the same kind of risks to invite them.

Dragnatek

Apr 21, 2011
Hammond IN
Unfortunately, there are lots of conventions with messed up individuals running them and we have a whole thread dedicated to that topic, Anime Conventions and Problematic Individuals. It seems that the upper Midwest and the south central US is where most stuff occurs (although in the latter's case, it has more to do with financial corruption than sexual harassment. See Arkansas Anime and Cosplay Celebration and Izumicon 2018 for examples).
It sucks this sort of thing happens and if the creation is "it's not our fault" then I hope the con in question suffers from loss of attendance and can't keep afloat. People should feel safe at places like this and the people running the place should care about the safety of people giving them money. Especially those smaller cons. Then again those smaller cons seem to accept any guest they can get so quality of the people they attract doesn't matter to them.

It is a shame. I have a limited choice in which comic and anime cons I can go to and haven't heard anything bad about them.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site

Yeah, Kitchener is fairly big, not the biggest city in Ontario, but big enough.

He is also going to a Con in Imperial Valley California.

I do not think these are the biggest Cons around, but as long as he has his fan base, he will get a couple of invites to Cons.

The big thing is it is unlikely he will get a big voice role in the future, Funimation and Rooster Teeth will want nothing to do with him and I think before these controversies hit, CBS would have let him do a voice in one of the upcoming Star Trek cartoons, but now that is gone. If he gots roles in the future, they will be with much smaller companies and not be as glamorous as his previous roles.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
The big thing is it is unlikely he will get a big voice role in the future, Funimation and Rooster Teeth will want nothing to do with him and I think before these controversies hit, CBS would have let him do a voice in one of the upcoming Star Trek cartoons, but now that is gone. If he gots roles in the future, they will be with much smaller companies and not be as glamorous as his previous roles.
I think he was quietly replaced in the dub for Bungo Stray Dogs from Crunchyroll, so that's another big company that doesn't want to associate with him anymore. Viz Media is probably also off the table since I think that they're going to replace him for the Rohan OVAs. I still don't know if I could have seen him voicing in a Star Trek cartoon. I know that he has his fan project series, but I don't know if it was successful enough to get him attention from actual Star Trek projects as a result. Although, it's pretty moot at this point when a major company like CBS would definitely not want someone like Vic associated with their shows. He is practically PR poison at this point. Vic is probably going to be costing on his big popular roles from over a decade ago and his new alt right crowd of supporters for awhile.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
According to the Imperial Valley Comic Con site, Vic was in MHA. IMDB shows he did the all important role of "additional voices." There actually are anime fans who don't know anything about voice actors and kids might be interested because MHA is listed. Lots of people I know don't know dub voice actors and probably don't know about the controversy. Hope the security is decent at this con. This con at least has some respectable talent, like Power Ranger comic writer Kyle Higgins. Another more minor quibble is that the anime Fairy Tail is not spelled Fairy Tale.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
According to the Imperial Valley Comic Con site, Vic was in MHA. IMDB shows he did the all important role of "additional voices." There actually are anime fans who don't know anything about voice actors and kids might be interested because MHA is listed. Lots of people I know don't know dub voice actors and probably don't know about the controversy. Hope the security is decent at this con. This con at least has some respectable talent, like Power Ranger comic writer Kyle Higgins. Another more minor quibble is that the anime Fairy Tail is not spelled Fairy Tale.
That seems like a pretty huge mistake on that con's part. I only remember hearing Vic's voice in the second episode of My Hero Academia. He just voiced a background character praising All Might after he defeated a villain. I don't recall if he showed up in any other episode, but if it did, it was just to voice another background character. As far as I know, he hasn't done any major roles in the series, which is a huge relief for me personally since I love the My Hero Academia dub. He definitely couldn't be in the upcoming movie or anywhere in season four.

I'm not sure if the con made a genuine mistake or if they wanted to make it seem like Vic was associated with a big, popular and more recent series than FMA or DBZ to attract more attention. Both options are pretty solid possibilities depending on what kind of con it is. I think that the only other noteworthy role he had was Matt in the Adventure Tri dub, but he's most likely going to be replaced whenever Last Evolution gets a dub.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
Anime Matsuri is so desperate for guests they are inviting Vic back and I Stand With Vic is celebrating. Just being open is controversial considering the pandemic and every other major Texas con except Ikkicon has officially cancelled for 2020. It looks like it's hard for cons to convince VAs to risk their lives as only James Callis and a few voice actors from Mexico are coming aside from Vic.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Anime Matsuri is so desperate for guests they are inviting Vic back and I Stand With Vic is celebrating. Just being open is controversial considering the pandemic and every other major Texas con except Ikkicon has officially cancelled for 2020. It looks like it's hard for cons to convince VAs to risk their lives as only James Callis and a few voice actors from Mexico are coming aside from Vic.
It's really not surprising. Anime Matsuri seems to be pretty infamous among cons from what I understand, so of course they wouldn't really care about potentially endangering people during a pandemic. Considering how bad it currently is in Texas, it would be especially horrific to hold a convention there now though. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be legally required to shut it down. As much as people want to reopen, they obviously can't because that can and did result in cases increasing dramatically. Anyone willing to go to a con during this time is pretty far gone at this point.

As for Vic, it's pretty pathetic for anyone to celebrate him getting invited to a con, let alone something like Anime Matsuri. If his fans/supporters actually cared about him, they wouldn't want Vic to go to any cons during this pandemic. He is over fifty. I obviously don't know if he has any health conditions, but he would be at least close to a high risk category for the virus due to his age alone. If they cared about him, they would want Vic to not go a con to potential risk his health and the health of other people, but that would require having empathy, which I don't think is particularly common among a lot of Vic's supporters. Instead, they think that getting Vic to an infamous convention during a pandemic is cause for celebration.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be legally required to shut it down.
I'm surprised too as most of the south central US cons are shut down. I do know most waited until the government forceably shut them down in order to get out of their contracts. That's why it took a long time for Animefest and Tokyo in Tulsa to cancel despite all the demands from social media. Six Flags over Texas just reopened, so there's a chance Anime Matsuri could stay open, but Six Flags has precautions and capacity limits that I doubt Anime Matsuri would follow. The Texas congoing community has just been on edge this whole year. Okay inviting Vic is not really my top worry when it comes to Anime Matsuri.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

We have a tie due to both episodes getting 2 votes. I'll be tiebreaker, and pick "Blood Moon" to move on. The last matchup is monstrous sleepovers. We have the DC Superhero Girls episode "Living The Nightmare" and the Amphibia episode "The Sleepover To End All Sleepovers" .

rwinger24 wrote on Moleoman's profile.
I have a Discord invite for you.

I like to help build on your Production Music fandom page.

Join the Production Library Music Discord Discord Server!

-------
Asa
The Miraculous New York special premieres TONIGHT! Can't wait to see it soon.
are there any more changes for nicktoons, teennick, or nickjr schedule for this week? i wont be able to spend more time on this... but if anything i missed, please tell me..