Vic Mignogna Controversies

Latest News & Videos

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
Viz announced that they are going to dub the Rohan OVAs and will do recasting. I wonder who they are referring to? Vic's done with Viz/Bang Zoom it seems. He recently took a picture of him going on vacation with Nick Rikieta.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Viz announced that they are going to dub the Rohan OVAs and will do recasting. I wonder who they are referring to? Vic's done with Viz/Bang Zoom it seems. He recently took a picture of him going on vacation with Nick Rikieta.
I heard about the announcement for the Rohan OVAs, but I didn't hear about them recasting Vic. I'm not surprised, but I just didn't hear about it when they announcement was made awhile ago. I think that Vic's career as a voice actor is pretty much done. I can't really see any of the anime studios willing to work with him again at least. He's basically PR poison at this point. It was already pretty bad once the allegations started to attract more attention, but the lawsuit definitely made things worse. There are some information that probably wouldn't have been brought to the general public's attention if he didn't went with this lawsuit in the first place. Not to mention suing his former co-workers and one of his former employers isn't really a good look for Vic. That wouldn't make companies more interested in hiring Vic. The lawsuit has done far more damage to Vic's career and reputation than anything Monica, Jamie and Funimation said about him.

The fact that he went on vacation with Nick Rikieta is not surprising, but it does say a lot about Vic that he still thinks that he is a friend who is helping him out as opposed to one of the biggest reasons why this lawsuit attracted a lot of the alt-right crowd in the first place. Someone who shouts out slurs, demands people to come to his stream to debate him and actively encourages harassment and victim blaming logic is not a good person. I'm also not sure if this would help with his legal situation given that the judge wanted both sides to not rile up their supporters. I'm pretty sure Vic's legal team is not capable of doing that anyway.

Reactions: RDG

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I heard about the announcement for the Rohan OVAs, but I didn't hear about them recasting Vic. I'm not surprised, but I just didn't hear about it when they announcement was made awhile ago. I think that Vic's career as a voice actor is pretty much done. I can't really see any of the anime studios willing to work with him again at least. He's basically PR poison at this point. It was already pretty bad once the allegations started to attract more attention, but the lawsuit definitely made things worse. There are some information that probably wouldn't have been brought to the general public's attention if he didn't went with this lawsuit in the first place. Not to mention suing his former co-workers and one of his former employers isn't really a good look for Vic. That wouldn't make companies more interested in hiring Vic. The lawsuit has done far more damage to Vic's career and reputation than anything Monica, Jamie and Funimation said about him.

The fact that he went on vacation with Nick Rikieta is not surprising, but it does say a lot about Vic that he still thinks that he is a friend who is helping him out as opposed to one of the biggest reasons why this lawsuit attracted a lot of the alt-right crowd in the first place. Someone who shouts out slurs, demands people to come to his stream to debate him and actively encourages harassment and victim blaming logic is not a good person. I'm also not sure if this would help with his legal situation given that the judge wanted both sides to not rile up their supporters. I'm pretty sure Vic's legal team is not capable of doing that anyway.
I think it's more then anime companies he burned bridges with, given the acclaim his fan show "Star Trek Continues" got, I bet CBS would let him play a role in their upcoming Star Trek cartoons before this stuff happened. CBS ditched their CEO over stuff like this, they ain't going to deal with Vic.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I think it's more then anime companies he burned bridges with, given the acclaim his fan show "Star Trek Continues" got, I bet CBS would let him play a role in their upcoming Star Trek cartoons before this stuff happened. CBS ditched their CEO over stuff like this, they ain't going to deal with Vic.
I'm not sure how much acclaim his fan show Star Trek Continues really got, at least outside of his fanbase. That's why I'm not sure if CBS would have been interested in giving Vic a role in their upcoming Star Trek cartoon. He's a well known anime voice actor, but I don't know if he'd be a big enough name to attract attention for their show. But it is certainly true that they wouldn't want to touch him with a twelve foot pole now.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure how much acclaim his fan show Star Trek Continues really got, at least outside of his fanbase. That's why I'm not sure if CBS would have been interested in giving Vic a role in their upcoming Star Trek cartoon. He's a well known anime voice actor, but I don't know if he'd be a big enough name to attract attention for their show. But it is certainly true that they wouldn't want to touch him with a twelve foot pole now.
I heard he was doing an offical Star Trek audio book before this stuff hit the fan. I could totally see the producers of one of these cartoons giving a role to Vic for fun, not now though.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
There's a picture circulating the Internet of Vic's autograph line at Hawaiicon; only 4 people were in that line. Admittedly, you can go with the excuse of the con capping its attendance at 2,000, but there's one problem with that argument. I've seen a line at a 900 person con for Brad Jackson and it was considerably longer than that. Hawaiicon sounds like a ripoff when a weekend pass costs $129 and the guest list is significantly thinner than most mainland conventions, almost all of them cheaper than that. Hawaiians seem to have a raw deal. Considering how he usually plays more minor roles, that says something when he outdraws Vic. Is Vic's fanbase dying? It hardly seems that way when it feels like only ResetEra, Pretty Ugly Little Liars, and here seem to be the only places not dominated by hardcore Vic defenders.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
There's a picture circulating the Internet of Vic's autograph line at Hawaiicon; only 4 people were in that line. Admittedly, you can go with the excuse of the con capping its attendance at 2,000, but there's one problem with that argument. I've seen a line at a 900 person con for Brad Jackson and it was considerably longer than that. Hawaiicon sounds like a ripoff when a weekend pass costs $129 and the guest list is significantly thinner than most mainland conventions, almost all of them cheaper than that. Hawaiians seem to have a raw deal. Considering how he usually plays more minor roles, that says something when he outdraws Vic. Is Vic's fanbase dying? It hardly seems that way when it feels like only ResetEra, Pretty Ugly Little Liars, and here seem to be the only places not dominated by hardcore Vic defenders.
I saw some of those pictures and even a tweet where they said that there was a line for the first time at Hawaiicon because of Vic's appearance, which is pretty pathetic. Admittedly, that could say more about the con than Vic, but if they really wanted to brag about having a line for the first time, then that does make the con look like it couldn't attract a lot attendees before. It also just seems like they may have wanted to attract more attention by using Vic's line, but it doesn't help either of them. If anything, it just sounds so pathetically sad. Lines at cons, even at small cons, are extremely common. Vic definitely shouldn't have been the first one to form a line there if they have gotten other well known guests in the past too. These small cons are probably the only ones willing to invite Vic at this point, so it doesn't really leave him or whatever is left of his reputation looking particularly good to me either.

As for Vic's fanbase, I wouldn't be surprised if it is dying. Most of his hardcore supporters seem to be either from his cult of a fan group or part of the alt right crowd who want to harass women. The combination of not having any new popular roles since the 2000s, the allegations getting more attention and the lawsuit in general must have put at least a huge dent into his fanbase. Part of the reason why this lawsuit has gone so poorly for him was because of his fans/supporters harassing his victims, anyone who supported his victims and even the judge after he threw most of the cases out. While Vic certainly isn't the only person with a rapid toxic fanbase, those kind of fans definitely aren't doing him any favors considered everything he has been accused of. Although, Vic isn't helping himself either due to the company he keeps.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
Vic definitely shouldn't have been the first one to form a line there if they have gotten other well known guests in the past too.
John Rhys Davies, Gimli from Lord of the Rings, was also there. The fact that they struggle to have lines seems to suggest that Hawaiicon is just not that popular a convention. A lot of conventions Vic seems to go to seem to be incredibly low budget mall conventions, with Anime Matsuri probably being the only con he went to with over 2000 attendees. With the lack of roles, it seems like there will be little incentive for cons to have him in 2020.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
John Rhys Davies, Gimli from Lord of the Rings, was also there. The fact that they struggle to have lines seems to suggest that Hawaiicon is just not that popular a convention. A lot of conventions Vic seems to go to seem to be incredibly low budget mall conventions, with Anime Matsuri probably being the only con he went to with over 2000 attendees. With the lack of roles, it seems like there will be little incentive for cons to have him in 2020.
Yeah, he definitely should have attracted a lot of attention given the success and popularity of Lord of the Rings. I think Steve Blum was at Hawaiicon too. The only way these other guests couldn't attract that much attention would be because of the con itself more than anything else.

The lack of new roles is definitely a factor, but I think that Vic is just PR poison at this point for most cons. There have been accusations going around for years, but now that it has gathered more attention from the general public, more information has been made available thanks to the lawsuit and more articles have been written about the lawsuit and his toxic fanbase, I think most cons wouldn't be interested in inviting Vic out. He was already banned from some cons and has a history of being difficult for con staff members to handle. It just seems like inviting him would create more backlash and there are other more popular voice actors that cons could get without potentially losing more customers. I suspect that he'll still get con invites, but it's probably still going to be primarily be full of small cons with little budgets behind them and cons that don't care about sexual harassment accusations like Anime Matsuri.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
So Vic's loss should ensure that Todd Haberkorn will not use Ty Beard to sue anybody? Vic's loss should hopefully be an example make the anime community a safer place and deter people in the industry from being creeps.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I'm not surprised by this turnout at all. I heard that meditation didn't work out earlier in the week. I don't think that any details from that meditation have come out, but I wouldn't be surprised if none or at least multiple parties involved couldn't come to an agreement. Since the judge had already dismissed so many of Vic's claims a month ago, the idea that he would dismiss the rest of them sounded pretty likely.

I am quite happy for Monica, Jamie and all of the people who have spoke out against Vic. After months of harassment and dealing with this lawsuit, I'm glad that they aren't going to have to deal with paying Vic on top of everything else. I don't know if it helps them through their experiences with Vic and his rapid fanbase, but I hope that it does provide at least some reassurance and comfort for them. They've all gone through far too much and it sounds like they were there to support each other throughout the case. I really hope that they won't have to deal with his supporters after this.

After realizing just how much of a creep Vic has been during this situation, I admit that it is pretty satisfying to have his entire lawsuit dismissed. It isn't surprising. He had no legal legs to stand on and he further damaged his case multiple times through his own words. While his reputation has been bad for years, his lawsuit being dismissed is a major blow to whatever is left of it. He always told people to speak positive against rumors about him. I've seen that in old recordings from his con appearances and he even said it when I went to see him at a con. It rings really hallow and shallow now, but especially so after the court dismissed these defamation claims.

Like I mentioned before, the lawsuit has done much more irreversible damage to Vic's career and reputation than anything Monica, Jamie and Funimation has said. And Vic has no one to blame but himself. He decided to pursue a lawsuit instead of actually getting help, or at least taking some time for some much needed self-reflection, and he decided to hire this poor excuse for a legal team for his lawsuit. Not to mention his rapid fanbase/supporters did far more harm than good for his case. This is a major blow to whatever is left of his reputation. I don't know if he'll try to appeal, but he still will have to pay a lot of legal fees, so he might as well quit while he's still behind.

I really hope that Vic's loss here will help more victims of sexual harassment speak out. Not just within the anime community, but in general. Voice actors being in a better and safer environment would definitely be great though. I also hope that this lawsuit being dismiss leads to Vic being blacklisted as a voice actor. That already seems to be the case, but I don't think that any company would want to associate with Vic right now.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
For some reason I don't think that matters. Just filing the bogus suits at all says he's a sociopath who is trying to control all of his victims after he's out of their lives. He could bankrupt himself because the money isn't the point. Asserting control over the women he's abused is. He refuses to stop victimizing them and uses any means he has left to hurt them.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
He could bankrupt himself because the money isn't the point. Asserting control over the women he's abused is. He refuses to stop victimizing them and uses any means he has left to hurt them.
That seems quite pessimistic. The idea that he'll still pursue a losing battle seems like a very unpleasant but real possibility. Don't want VicGate to drag on for years and give the alt right Youtube channels ammo to make keep making "every voice actor besides Vic and Todd are evil videos."

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
That seems quite pessimistic. The idea that he'll still pursue a losing battle seems like a very unpleasant but real possibility. Don't want VicGate to drag on for years and give the alt right Youtube channels ammo to make keep making "every voice actor besides Vic and Todd are evil videos."
It's the way people like this operate. Vic just has a larger platform than normal. This is quite common for sociopaths. And anyone who sues his victims is pretty much a classic sociopath.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
If he tries and fails to appeal the case, would that put him in an even deeper financial hole than just quitting and giving up?
Based on what I've heard and read about appeals, yes. I'm pretty sure appeals aren't instant do-overs either. He wouldn't be able to bring in new evidence and I'm pretty sure that he couldn't sue the same people again. We don't know how much Vic will have to pay, but from what I understand, it's going to a large sum. He'll still have to pay whatever the amount is regardless, but he'd have to pay even more money after he inevitably fails to appeal the case.

Vic could technically appeal the case, but it would be in his best interest to quit while he's behind. His career as a voice actor and reputation are already damaged beyond repair. This lawsuit has done nothing to help him in the slightest. I've seen plenty of his supporters call for an appeal, but nothing would change. Vic would just owe Monica, Jamie and Funimation even more money.

For some reason I don't think that matters. Just filing the bogus suits at all says he's a sociopath who is trying to control all of his victims after he's out of their lives. He could bankrupt himself because the money isn't the point. Asserting control over the women he's abused is. He refuses to stop victimizing them and uses any means he has left to hurt them.
Unfortunately, that is almost certainly why he wanted to make this lawsuit, or at least was a factor. Vic doesn't come off as self-aware enough to understand how he treats women is wrong or that silence is not consent, but targeting two women who received the most harassment from his fans/supporters also comes off as too much of a calculated power move to silence them. Targeting Funimation instead of Rooster Teeth for being the first company to fire him also read as an attempt to get more money since Funimation is the bigger company of the two.

Reactions: Fone Bone and RDG

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
It's the way people like this operate. Vic just has a larger platform than normal. This is quite common for sociopaths. And anyone who sues his victims is pretty much a classic sociopath.
That would be pretty self-destructive, he would end up hurting himself more than anyone else at this point. The Pragmatic thing would be accepting defeat here and try to keep as much money as he can after this. Then again, the pragmatic thing would have been not to sue in the first place, so maybe Vic is not the most rational guy around. He is going to end massively in debt and taking gigs that pay way less.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
That would be pretty self-destructive, he would end up hurting himself more than anyone else at this point. The Pragmatic thing would be accepting defeat here and try to keep as much money as he can after this. Then again, the pragmatic thing would have been not to sue in the first place, so maybe Vic is not the most rational guy around. He is going to end massively in debt and taking gigs that pay way less.
Sociopaths are self-destructive by nature. As long as he keeps hurting his victims, Vic will be cool with losing all his money. Hurting people is all he cares about.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
He definitely doesn't come off as a rational person. I genuinely wonder how involved he has been with his lawsuit. He wasn't aware of how much he was suing them for and hadn't read some, if not all, of the articles he cited as being defamation. Vic has often seen himself as the victim of rumors to the point where he'd host rumor panels at cons. That still really should have been more of red flag for me in retrospect. He may not recognize or understand why his behavior and attitude towards women is unacceptable and thinks that he's a victim as opposed to a creep who finally got some consequences for his actions.

A part of me wouldn't be surprised if they do try to go for an appeal though. Vic may not recognize that his lawsuit is a loss cause and his legal team might push for an appeal to get more people to donate money to his GFM. Hopefully it doesn't happen because that would just make people harass Jamie and Monica even more frequently, but I wouldn't be shocked if Vic and/or his legal team doesn't know when to throw in the towel.

Reactions: Fone Bone and RDG

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The winner of this matchup is "Into The Hundred Acre Wood", which got 3 votes. "The Manny With The Golden Bear" got nothing. Our next match is Ben 10 crossovers. We have "Heroes United" (Ben 10 Ultimate Alien & Generator Rex) and TGIS (Ben 10 Omniverse & The Secret Saturdays).

some Twitter thread I started about my history with CN, inspired by this trend of telling your history with a channel there.
Currently watching Klaus on Netflix, cause it's Christmas in July. :p

I'm at St Joseph, MO though.
The 2005 "Fantastic Four" film is 15 years old today.
Mr. Enter's true colors have been finally revealed.