Vic Mignogna Controversies

Latest News & Videos

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Any proof at ALL of this? Because from where I sit, liberals are humorless scolds. That's pretty much our entire shtick.

How many humorless liberals does is take to screw in a lightbulb?

THAT'S NOT FUNNY!
George Carlin. And the entirety of that movie The Aristocrats.

The outtakes on Noein were pretty filthy (including jokes about bestiality and pedophilia), and they got included with the DVD release.

I'm sick of people getting riled up over offensive comedy, especially offensive comedy from years ago.
How did Rick and Morty even become so popular with its jokes about aliens raping children, incest, and the like?

Reactions: Radiant97

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
George Carlin. And the entirety of that movie The Aristocrats.
I have never found anything George Carlin has said very offensive. I haven't seen everything by him, but bad language is different than slurs or misogyny. But I could be wrong. He could have said some sexist stuff a few decades ago that I don't approve of. But it's been awhile.

As for the Aristocrats, the entire point of that joke is that it isn't funny. And I don't think anyone's political affiliation was revealed in that movie.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I have never found anything George Carlin has said very offensive. I haven't seen everything by him, but bad language is different than slurs or misogyny. But I could be wrong. He could have said some sexist stuff a few decades ago that I don't approve of. But it's been awhile.

As for the Aristocrats, the entire point of that joke is that it isn't funny. And I don't think anyone's political affiliation was revealed in that movie.
Don't go on YouTube and look up what George Carlin thought about making Feminists angry and women eating bananas. It will likely warp your view of him then.

Yeah that's not the point of the joke. Also if you believe that, tell it to my friends I saw the movie with who were laughing raucously. And considering that George Carlin and Robin Williams were both featured in that movie, their political affiliations are quite clear.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Seth Macfarlane? Trey Parker and Matt Stone?
All three of those people are aholes.

Don't go on YouTube and look up what George Carlin thought about making Feminists angry and women eating bananas. It will likely warp your view of him then.

Yeah that's not the point of the joke. Also if you believe that, tell it to my friends I saw the movie with who were laughing raucously. And considering that George Carlin and Robin Williams were both featured in that movie, their political affiliations are quite clear.
Their political affiliations are not clear to me. If Carlin said what you said he did, it doesn't point to him actually being a liberal if he's talking about enjoying making feminists mad. That is not a liberal viewpoint. Maybe his politics are more balanced than you are claiming.

As for the Aristocrats joke, it IS unfunny, and that's the point of comedians telling it. Comedians take it as a personal challenge to try to actually make an unfunny joke funny, and top it every time, and put their own personal spin on it. The telling of the joke can be funny. The joke itself is not.

GolfDude

Mar 24, 2010
NY
Time for Thoughts on Chuck Huber speaking out and revealing the dark truths behind funimations doors, pretty much ending his career at funimation by standing up for vic in todays released court documents..

and back in regards to the audio leaks.. ISWV Doesnt care about the raunchyness of them, they care about the rules not applying to everyone at the company, just some, which ironically gets shown by chuck's court filings today

how can anybody counter chuck's FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of what occured behind closed doors.. someone who tried to be a mediator to both sides only to be told to get lost... chuck had NOTHING TO GAIN AND EVERYTHING TO LOSE by doing this. That Speaks VOLUMES

Reactions: Terror of Death

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
All three of those people are aholes.

Their political affiliations are not clear to me. If Carlin said what you said he did, it doesn't point to him actually being a liberal if he's talking about enjoying making feminists mad. That is not a liberal viewpoint. Maybe his politics are more balanced than you are claiming.

As for the Aristocrats joke, it IS unfunny, and that's the point of comedians telling it. Comedians take it as a personal challenge to try to actually make an unfunny joke funny, and top it every time, and put their own personal spin on it. The telling of the joke can be funny. The joke itself is not.
Guess what Fone Bone? Not all political liberals share the same views and can have diversity of thought.

Also that's not what you said about the joke originally.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I think this article here lays out what should be a measured reasonable reaction to these audio leaks and what most definitely isn't.
I agree with that article for the most part. I do think it really is ridiculous to want the voice actors to be replaced for these outtakes and especially for Funimation to lose the license to Dragon Ball over this. I think it's perfectly understandable and reasonable to be offended over the jokes themselves, but I think any other reaction to beyond that is going too far. Unlike with Vic, there isn't a long history of homophobic slurs or other inappropriate behavior/comments from the other voice actors in Dragon Ball.

It is definitely insulting, if not downright offensive, to suggest that a series out raunchy outtakes are on the same level of multiple women accusing a person of sexual harassment. Vic wasn't fired over the jellybean joke. It was a creepy and unprofessional joke, but I think the most it did was show a pattern of that same kind of behavior throughout his time at Funimation, which most likely would stand out as they were doing an internal investigation. Plus, he's been accused of far worse than making an inappropriate joke, which makes the notion of being upset at these outtakes all the more nonsensical. They're not the same kind of situation in the slightly. His supporters are so desperate to make Vic a victim that now they're trying to tear down Funimation through a smear campaign. It is quite pathetic.

Reactions: TheVileOne

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Guess what Fone Bone? Not all political liberals share the same views and can have diversity of thought.
I know this more than most. However being against feminism is kind of a deal-breaker for most liberals. This is not a simple difference of political opinions for many Dems. It is a fundamental part of our platform.
Also that's not what you said about the joke originally.
Actually yeah, it is. I didn't expand on what I said earlier, because I assumed it was common knowledge that the joke wasn't funny. It's weird to debate this because the entire reason people try to make the joke funny is because it isn't.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I know this more than most. However being against feminism is kind of a deal-breaker for most liberals. This is not a simple difference of political opinions for many Dems. It is a fundamental part of our platform.Actually yeah, it is. I didn't expand on what I said earlier, because I assumed it was common knowledge that the joke wasn't funny. It's weird to debate this because the entire reason people try to make the joke funny is because it isn't.
I doubt George Carlin is against feminism. Maybe some certain types of feminists just annoy him and he likes to rankle them up.

I'd say the entire point of the joke is trying to make it as filthy and vulgar as possible, and then the punchline is that it's this simple little thing called "aristocrats."

Terror of Death

Aug 1, 2007
US
Time for Thoughts on Chuck Huber speaking out and revealing the dark truths behind funimations doors, pretty much ending his career at funimation by standing up for vic in todays released court documents..

and back in regards to the audio leaks.. ISWV Doesnt care about the raunchyness of them, they care about the rules not applying to everyone at the company, just some, which ironically gets shown by chuck's court filings today

how can anybody counter chuck's FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of what occured behind closed doors.. someone who tried to be a mediator to both sides only to be told to get lost... chuck had NOTHING TO GAIN AND EVERYTHING TO LOSE by doing this. That Speaks VOLUMES
Huber has been with Funimation from nearly the start of their inception and done most of his voice acting roles with them. Mere weeks ago he was in the recording both finishing his final lines for the end of Dragon Ball Super. Also, if that message conversation with Stephanie Nadolny is real that would support Huber's claims.

Regardless of the results of this case, I hope Sony Pictures starts their own investigation into the happenings at Funimation.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
ANN has another article that covers a lot of the recent events for this legal mess:

They do address Chuck's affidavit and current/former Funimation employees deny his accusations in regards to both Chris Sabat and the work environment at Funimation. The whole story sounded pretty questionable at the start. Chris isn't even one of the people Vic is suing here and he wasn't brought up earlier in the case either. It just came off as another attempt to distract people from Vic by focusing on another popular voice actor from Funimation. I'd also have a hard time believing Chuck considering his attempt at helping both sides involved gaslighting both Monica and Jamie. He isn't even really a big help for Vic considering he mentioned that his reputation was ruined well before now and called him a sex addict in that apology draft.

The accusations just lack any merit and it really does sound like it was made more for the conspiracy fans rather than an actual judge. The alt-right crowd following this case would absolutely love the notion that the environment at Funimation is so sex crazed and that a popular voice actor like Chris Sabat is in charge of everything. That is seemingly easier to believe that Vic is a creep who got away with his actions and behavior for far too long. Even if this accusation was true, that would be more like a completely separate problem. It wouldn't change anything about Vic's accusations or prove any defamation. It would still be a distraction from Vic's losing case regardless.

Vic also received court orders to appear at a hearing tomorrow. This might be due to the affidavits since it seems like at least Vic's signature was faked. Needless to say, this situation is going to become even more of a mess sooner rather than later.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Even though I could tell that Vic had no legal leg to stand on, this was still a far more brutal outcome for him than I thought. I didn't think that they'd dismiss so many of the cases today, although it makes sense that Jamie's case was thrown out completely. He flat out admitted to her accusations in his deposition. Even a good chuck of the cases against Monica, her fiancee and Funimation were dismissed. The judge still has to look over the defamation and civil conspiracy cases for Monica and Funimation, but given how fast most of the cases were dismissed today, I don't think he has much of a chance. The judge agreed that Vic is a public figure, which makes proving defamation even more difficult, if not virtually impossible.

It sounds like Vic is going to have to pay a lot of fees for both Monica and Jamie. I don't think that they've given out a rough estimation yet, but I imagine that it is going to be higher than whatever amount they got from the GFM. I have absolutely no sympathy for Vic though. He could have easily taken some time to reflect on his behavior, actually get some help and make his apologies actually mean something instead of a pathetic attempt to save face. With some time and showing that he actually had become a better person, he'd still at least have some kind of voice acting career. But I think that would have required more self-awareness than Vic has. Right from when he filed the lawsuit, I got the strong impression that he just wanted to silence two of his most well known victims, as well as possibly trying to squeeze some more money out of Funimation. He brought this whole mess onto himself and his fans/supporters have been harassing people in his name for months. I'm glad that this mess of a lawsuit is falling flat for him.

I don't even feel bad for the people who donated to the GFM for Vic either. There might have been some people who genuinely wanted to help him because they thought he was a really nice person, but I think it's been mainly the alt-right crowd who want to hate on women or complain about the #MeToo movement, or at least those are the Vic supporters that stand out the most. I'm not sure if they'll care about their money going towards paying these legal fees, but they also seemingly didn't care when Vic said it wouldn't be his problem if the GFM was a scam.

They still have another month to decide on the other cases, but this is a pretty huge deal for Monica and Jamie. I hope that this outcome does help them heal from all of the months of harassment, as well as their experiences with Vic.

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
I'm reflecting on the idea that the Vic scenario was supposed to change cons forever. Some people claimed that Vic must be victorious or else voice actors will no longer be able to interact with fans at cons in fear of being #Metoo'ed. That obviously hasn't happened as autograph/meet and greet lines are still around. Although we've learned some unsavory things about some voice actors, some are really nice and genuine. Tia Ballard really showed me kindness. I got a consensual hug from her, but #IstandwithVic would say that she did something evil, as they get bent out of shape when non-Vic VAs hug fans (remember the harassment given to Monica Rial for that reason?). I'm trying to understand the logic, they say that if Vic loses, other VAs will no longer be able to hug fans and portray that as a tragedy they are trying to prevent, but they get really mad when non Vic VAs hug fans and claim that consensual hugs are harassment, but unconsensual ones from Vic aren't. That is complete nonsense.

I'm so glad Tia Ballard is not that heavily targeted. I guess a pretty large percentage of #IstandwithVic seem to be people who are unfamiliar with non Dragonball anime and that's why they mainly go after Dragonball VAs. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm glad that some VAs still show real kindness to fans. Here's my autographs from Tia and Greg Ayres:

Attachments

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I'm not surprised that the Judge got some threats, but wow. That email provided is just absolutely terrible. I don't know why anyone thought that threatening the judge was a good idea. It was bad enough that they did it through his old Facebook page, but sending him an email like that is so awful. If Vic supporters didn't like the Judge's decisions, why would they think that actively threatening and harassing him would make the situation any better? I think that these people are too used to doing that through social media, especially when many of them have been pulling these same kind of stunts since the accusations started to gain attention, and thought that doing the same thing with a Judge wouldn't result in any kind of consequences.

I can't really see either side agreeing on a settlement. Jamie already got all of her cases dropped, most of the other ones against Monica, her finance and Funimation have been dropped and I don't think that any of them would want to settle. Funimation in particular seemed to be intent on playing hard ball based on their responses to the initial lawsuit and calling Vic libel-proof. Settling unfortunately wouldn't mean any less harassment and insults for Monica and Jamie either. If anything, a settlement would be worse for them because Vic's supporters would most likely spin it as a "victory" for Vic when it really wouldn't.

I don't think that Vic's legal team would even consider settling. They've been selling the idea that Vic's case is a slam dunk for months, so I can't see them going back on that notion. I also don't think Vic would be willing to agree to any demands for a settlement. If he was, then I don't think he would have gone for a lawsuit in the first place. Granted, I'm honestly not even sure how aware or involved he is in this case at this point. He didn't even know how much money he was suing them for in the first place, but I don't think he's smart enough or compassionate enough to agree to stop this mess of a lawsuit before it completely hits him in the face with a ton of legal fees.

I'm reflecting on the idea that the Vic scenario was supposed to change cons forever. Some people claimed that Vic must be victorious or else voice actors will no longer be able to interact with fans at cons in fear of being #Metoo'ed. That obviously hasn't happened as autograph/meet and greet lines are still around. Although we've learned some unsavory things about some voice actors, some are really nice and genuine. Tia Ballard really showed me kindness. I got a consensual hug from her, but #IstandwithVic would say that she did something evil, as they get bent out of shape when non-Vic VAs hug fans (remember the harassment given to Monica Rial for that reason?). I'm trying to understand the logic, they say that if Vic loses, other VAs will no longer be able to hug fans and portray that as a tragedy they are trying to prevent, but they get really mad when non Vic VAs hug fans and claim that consensual hugs are harassment, but unconsensual ones from Vic aren't. That is complete nonsense.

I'm so glad Tia Ballard is not that heavily targeted. I guess a pretty large percentage of #IstandwithVic seem to be people who are unfamiliar with non Dragonball anime and that's why they mainly go after Dragonball VAs. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm glad that some VAs still show real kindness to fans. Here's my autographs from Tia and Greg Ayres:
If there are people who really are worried that other voice actors won't be able to interact with fans because of Vic's situation, then they are completely missing the point. This isn't the result of Vic giving fans hugs. I still don't want to downplay that because giving unwanted hugs can be problematic, especially when he was doing it for so long and primarily towards young teenage girls, but there's a lot more involved here than just giving people hugs. He has harassed girls and women, including some of his former co-workers, for decades. If anything, the uncomfortable hugs he gave were really a sign of how he doesn't understand, or possibly doesn't care about, personal space and especially consent. The latter unfortunately isn't too surprising when he does believe that silence is consent.

I don't think that most voice actors are worried about being targeted by the MeToo movement. It should be relatively easy to avoid as long as they are nice and respectful towards other people. It shouldn't be a challenge to not sexually harass or assault women. It isn't rocket science. Plenty of other voice actors give out hugs, so I doubt that's going to change regardless of the outcome of the Vic situation. The people who get upset whenever another voice actor gives out a hug and cheer whenever Vic gives one don't recognize, or more likely don't care, that the situation involves more than just unwanted or uncomfortable hugs.

Reactions: RDG

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If schedule listings are to be believed, it appears as though Toonami will be airing reruns of DBS' Universe Survival Saga starting tonight.
Can we talk about how a French home video company had an opening logo consisting of an animated Groucho Marx set to disco music? I especially like the Fender Rhodes solo during the second half, even if it's just the warning message.

According to zap2it, it appears all Nick channels on Sat Jul 25 will air Christmas episodes/specials
And the winner of this matchup is "Crossover Nexus", which got 5 votes. "The Power Is Yours" got 1 vote. The next matchup is between "Monster Party" and "Let's Meet Sonic".

So, I'm not sure where I should mention, but I want to talk about it. I was trying to update episode 2 of TOTS and episode 17 of The Rocketeer with Tara Strong and Steve Blum's respective credits (Tara as The Adorable Meter and Precious's Mother and Steve as Ivan The Strongman and the Ringmaster) on IMDb, but they're never accepted. What should I do?