Viacom Names Brian Robbins as the New President of Nickelodeon

Latest News & Videos

TheJLeeTeam

Keldeo is best Pony
Sep 9, 2018
USA
-Destroy the Nicktoons Death Treatment and give shows time to grow. No more lofty expectations of instant SpongeBob levels of success.
That’s my favorite part.

Seriously why the hell hasn’t he been hired years earlier? Now it makes me wish they brought back reruns of Harvey Beaks and Welcome to the Wayne to give them another chance. If Robbins knew how great they were, he would bring back reruns of them. Rugrats didn’t get so popular until after its initial cancellation and they showed constant reruns of it.

Reactions: abisert

Toons Fan

May 10, 2005
Niagara Falls, NY
www.tapatalk.com
I wonder if this is already in effect. The ratings for the premiere of Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty weren’t terrible, but they weren’t great either. I feel like it wouldn’t have stuck around if the old management was still around.
IMO this makes sense on why RBUK is staying on main Nick instead of being only aired on Nicktoons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Unfortunately, we don't really know that yet, for the reasons I said in my previous post. Even then, what's to say he won't bring back the "Spongebob standard" when things suddenly get tough (i.e., when it actually counts)?

Look, what I'm trying to say is, I've heard those "we know we haven't been the best, but we're going to get better" claims before, only for them to...consider their options (to put it one way), if anything.

The bottom line is, he's making a lot of bold claims, but saying and doing are two different things, and people will notice if anything is really being done...

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Unfortunately, we don't really know that yet, for the reasons I said in my previous post. Even then, what's to say he won't bring back the "Spongebob standard" when things suddenly get tough (i.e., when it actually counts)?

Look, what I'm trying to say is, I've heard those "we know we haven't been the best, but we're going to get better" claims before, only for them to...consider their options (to put it one way), if anything.

The bottom line is, he's making a lot of bold claims, but saying and doing are two different things, and people will notice if anything is really being done...
Do you always have to be like this? There is such a thing as a cynic but you are basically trolling at this point. Robbins may only be speaking right now, but he's saying the right things. Why can't you even give him the credit for that? Why can't you give ANYONE in the various threads you troll a break?

Reactions: MrCan and Red Arrow

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Do you always have to be like this? There is such a thing as a cynic but you are basically trolling at this point. Robbins may only be speaking right now, but he's saying the right things. Why can't you even give him the credit for that? Why can't you give ANYONE in the various threads you troll a break?
I bet Mandouga's favorite cartoon character is Eeyore :D

I think we should give mister Robbins a fair chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCan and Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I bet Mandouga's favorite cartoon character is Eeyore :D
It's getting pathological at this point. I find that kind of mindset toxic, and bad for my mental health. And it's unrelenting from this guy. I post my fair share of negative stuff. But I at least try to be fair. Is that too much to ask?
I think we need to give mister Robbins a fair chance.
I don't actually have a good opinion about Robbins myself, but I didn't want to insert my negative feelings about his life-long friendship with Dan Schneider into a thread that has him doing something right. If I can hold my tongue, so can Mandouga. Tact is not actually hard.

Reactions: MrCan

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
You think I'm being cynical? I can give you cynical. If I were as cynical as you think, I wouldn't even be bothering with this network. I want this network to get better just as much as anyone else.

Let me put it another way. History has shown that people make bold promises only for them to either go back on them or have second thoughts. As for Brain Robbins, I have at no point said that he's already going to take it back or anything like that. That remains to be see of course. I hope that he will live up to his claims just as much as anyone else, but I'm also saying that actions speak louder than words.

Maybe my initial post I made about it unintentionally made it imply a certain position. For that I'm sorry, but I'm trying to consider both sides of it. Maybe he will make things better, maybe he won't. We'll just have to see, but I'm just being honest.

Look, how about this: he says we wants NICK to be better, and I hope he actually will. Let's put it that way.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
You think I'm being cynical?
I'm not going to address the rest of your post but you misread me about this. I DON'T think you are being cynical. Cynical people tend to be right about the state of the world. What you are being is disruptive. There is no other way to describe you constantly going into threads to explain why the sky is falling using no evidence or common sense whatsoever. I respect cynics. I even sometimes respect disruptors. But not people who disrupt for disruption's sake. You are trying provoke a negative reaction and feed on negative attention on this board. And it needs to stop.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
Mod note: To those that are enganging in the discussion not pertaining to the thread's topic, this is no place to discuss users in the matter which has been done.

Drop the subject and return to the main topic.

Last edited:

Mikurotoro92

Banned
Jun 17, 2015
He has to prove he's capable of reinventing Nickelodeon

The first step is to do something about all the SpongeBob SquarePants reruns

They're a BIG part of what's been suffocating the network!

Don't cancel SpongeBob until a successor is found but cut down on the constant reruns

Instead, air Rugrats reruns in preparation for the reboot

Secondly, fix Nick@Nite

Too much repetition of movies and sitcoms

Finally, give new stuff a chance to succeed

If they really want to find the next big hit eventually they MUST start treating their shows better

By doing each of these steps Nickelodeon can be restored to its former glory!

It is my hope that is exactly what Brian Robbins will do

Reactions: abisert and kanc

Al Capone

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
El Salvador
l come from the Future and Brian Robbins is now Hated by the Cartoon Community for greenlighting Kamp Koral and Doing the same Stuff as Cyma.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
l come from the Future and Brian Robbins is now Hated by the Cartoon Community for greenlighting Kamp Koral and Doing the same Stuff as Cyma.
That wasn't a nice thing to say. Besides, I heard that Kamp Koral was Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg's idea.

Reactions: MegasMilo379

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I was surprised to find out how many Millennials and Gen Z'ers have heard of The Music Man from 1957. These two groups probably know many old films but just don't talk about them.
We have a tie of 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. TOTS moves to the next round. We start round 3, with the first matchup being between Muppet Babies 2018 and Helpsters .

Great scott! "Back to the Future" was released 35 years ago today.
What's the deal with making all these zombie and Venomzied versions of different Marvel characters? I know why($$$), but still, they probably might frighten some people, I reckon.
After all the fame and glory,
Lord & Miller are finally going back to Clone High