Viacom Names Brian Robbins as the New President of Nickelodeon

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Oct 23, 2015
Ratings
1,361 8
London, UK
Viacom has announced the appointment of Brian Robbins as President of Nickelodeon, effective immediately. Robbins will report directly to Bob Bakish, President and Chief Executive Officer of Viacom. :)

Robbins executive produced '90s hits such as Kenan & Kel and All That, and adapted the Good Burger sketch into a movie. He formally headed the Paramount Players division.

Nick now has two executives who made hit shows in '90s in its top ranks, following Chris Viscardi.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2014
Ratings
320 5
Interesting to see a creative guy in the President position. Here's hoping he understands what made 90s Nick unique and brings some of that flavor back to present day Nickelodeon, who let's be honest, desperately needs it right now.

RainbowCupcake

Dec 3, 2017
Ratings
United States
Alright, I could live with this. I appreciate that they chose someone who has had some experience in the creative pipeline (and on some good shows, nonetheless). Hopefully, this will be a nice change of pace from Nickelodeon's...ahem...not so great last president.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
382 10
The Los Angeles Times reports that Robbins will guide Nickelodeon into the digital age, something that the network desperately needs.

Viacom taps Brian Robbins to lead Nickelodeon

Longtime film and TV producer Brian Robbins has been hired to nudge Viacom Inc.’s popular children’s entertainment channel, Nickelodeon, into the digital age.
LAT also reports that he will be based in Burbank, CA, not New York, NY, unlike Zarghami. This makes it easier for Nick to welcome Hollywood producers, writers and talent agents.

Nickelodeon for years has been managed by executives in New York. But, in a departure, Robbins will be based at the network’s creative hub in Burbank — sending a signal that the network is trying to be more welcoming to Hollywood producers, writers and talent agents.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
349 16
Newington, CT, USA
It doesn't matter if he previously produced one or two Nick shows. It still remains to be seen if he's truly the right person for the job. Perhaps this person will see that the viewers aren't morons, and won't try so hard to please the parents by trying so hard to "educate" everyone*. That said, during the silver ball era (1981-1985; although the "orange" logo was used as early as 1984) when NICK aired mainly stuff that was considered "educational", they weren't really trying to be educational exactly (long story). Still, I'll give this person a chance. "The digital age"? Besides the website, NICK also has an app. What's that supposed to mean anyway?

*Under Zarghami (who had revealed what she really thought about the viewers), it had happened to the point where NickMom (a block that was basically Nick Jr.'s version of [adult swim]) had been created. People's reactions were the opposite of what NICK was expecting. It took three years for them realize that what they were doing wasn't the way to do it, when it should have taken them...less time than that.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Ratings
1,032 5
Colorado
He has a lot of work to do, maybe he'll find better live-action series than they have had in sometime time to step up that quality game. I also hope he has different ideas on animation than what has been happening.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,595 67 1
Belgium
It doesn't matter if he previously produced one or two Nick shows
It does matter a bit. Remember how Zarghami treated the creators? That treatment is less likely to happen with Robbins since he has worked in the field himself.

Better treatment means more creators will try to pitch their ideas to Nickelodeon. Not just the creators who were rejected by other studios.
Mixed feelings. He was an old friend and enabler of Dan Schneider. They both acted in Head Of The Class. It could be argued Robbins gave Schneider his big break.
What makes you think Schneider already had feet fetish etc. in 1993? Sometimes people go mad once they get famous. I think that's what happened with Schneider. Robbins couldn't have known that.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
382 10
It's nice they picked a president that has worked on a show before, may not have been the best but I'm still looking forward to what is to come from him under his era of Nick.
I would expect not just live-action comedies, but also dramas and etc., since Robbins was executive producer for One Tree Hill, as well as Smallville.