"Venom: Let There Be Carnage" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Sony is moving forward with a Venom sequel. Kelly Marcel will return as part of the writing team. Anne Weying (Michelle Williams) and Cletus Kasady/Carnage (Woody Harrelson) are expected to return. Ruben Fleischer may not due to his current work on Zombieland 2. Venom 2 is set for October 2, 2020 June 25, 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Well, probably shouldn't wait too long, although with how surprising it's success was I guess they have to take a minute to figure out where the heck they go from here :p.
Idk, I thought it was obvious they wanted to go with Carnage on a murder spree next. But I guess the real reason, they want their other movies to succeed, too, and they're focusing on them at the expense of making any headway on a script for Venom 2.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Idk, I thought it was obvious they wanted to go with Carnage on a murder spree next. But I guess the real reason, they want their other movies to succeed, too, and they're focusing on them at the expense of making any headway on a script for Venom 2.
I think another element is that they found surprise success with Venom and want to make sure they have a more secured success with Venom 2 :).

Reactions: Yojimbo

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
Andy Serkis is officially the director of Venom 2

They state also that Ruben Fleisher isn't coming back is due to him being busy on post production on Zombieland: Double Tap as they want to actually get to filming Venom this fall so yeah likely this will come out on that October date next year and any rumors of it getting pushed back are likely un true. Though I wasn't that much a fan of Venom hopefully now that they don't have to do a set up movie and can have it be more it's own thing it will be better and honestly I'm hoping Woody Harrelson can deliver on doing a good Carnage. Seriously Venom vs Carnage was the only reason I was exited for a Venom movie at all. So this better at least make good on that.

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
Seems like a poor move. It’s easy to forget Iron Man 2 was only the third MCU film only two years after Iron Man. Strike while the iron is hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro