Vampirina Cartoon Talkback Thread

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/27/lauren-graham-james-van-der-beek-disney-junior-vampirina/amp/

Vampirina is an upcoming Disney Junior show coming out in the fall. Based on the children's book Vampirina Ballerina, the show is about the titular Vampirina and her parents moving from Transylvania to Pennsylvania and opening a bed and breakfast for Ghoul's while she attends human school. The show is executive produced by Doc McStuffins creator Chris Nee, with fellow crew member Norton Virgien joining in.

The voice cast for the main character, simply called Vee, is Shimmer And Shine's own Isabella Crovetti Cramp, with Lauren Graham and James Van Der Beek playing her parents.

The rest of the cast includes

Jordan Alexa Davis and Viviann Yee as her friends Poppy and Bridget

Patti Lupone and Brian Stokes Mitchell playing her grandparents Nanpire and Grandpop

Wanda Sykes as Vee's gargoyle sidekick Gregoria

Mitchell Whitfield as a ghost named Demi

Dee Bradley Baker as the girls' teacher Mr. Gore, as well as the Hauntleys' dog Wolfie

Benji Risley as Poppy's twin brother Edgar

Cree Summer as Poppy and Edgar's mother Edna

Ian James Corlette as Chef Remy Bones

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here are two videos where Vee video chats with her grandmother about her new life.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
I'd never thought I say this, but this is the one of the best modern Disney Junior shows I've ever seen. Though it's ironic that Disney would come out with a show about a vampire girl when they already acquired one from a different company (Hotel Transylvania: the Series)

MarinaFashionista

Game Show Video Game fan
Vampirina is such a cute cartoon and I fell in love with it when I saw the preview for it and I think Disney Junior really did an amazing job with this cartoon and I hope Disney Junior makes more episodes of Vampirina in the future because it is so cute. And it's also created by Chris Nee who also created the Doc McStuffins cartoon and it proves that Disney Junior really has a way for making new cartoons a success

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

After the half hour episode, there will be a series of Ghoul Girl shorts in a similar manner to The Doc Files, also from Chris Née.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts