US TV Channel Discussion Thread

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I was talking about launching one in the US
What would be the point? Doing so would be a waste of money since it would just be MTV2 in the U.S. all over again. The 1980s are over. MTV worked in the 80s because the internet hadn't yet gone mainstream and streaming didn't exist. As long as websites like YouTube and Vevo exist where people can watch music videos whenever they want to, a linear cable/satellite channel that shows music videos exclusively is doomed to fail.

Last edited:

Moe

I was talking about launching one in the US
Are you OK? You looks stuck in 1980s or 1990s.

If it was your wishful thinking, so I can understand.

If it isn't, so do you realize about internet (I referred as digital)? They killed the music channels.

What's special? I built the time machine, so I can take you back to 1984 or 1994 of your choice, but don't whine if Cartoon Network, TNT and TCM didn't exist if you went with 1984, even don't whine about Nick either because it was different when compared to 1990s and today. You have to pay extra for Disney Channel. Of course, there is cartoon block on USA and TBS for your convenience. What's bonus? VCR is included with 10 blank tapes for record but you can record one channel, and remember, don't change during record. Yeah, musics are playing on MTV.

Don't forget to say hi to David Hasselhoff.

What would be the point? Doing so would be a waste of money since it would just be MTV2 in the U.S. all over again. The 1980s are over. MTV worked in the 80s because the internet hadn't yet gone mainstream and streaming didn't exist. As long as websites like YouTube and Vevo exist where people can watch music videos whenever they want to, a linear cable/satellite channel that shows music videos exclusively is doomed to fail.
Yes, I referred internet as digital in case if anyone don't understand my post.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Nah, if I could go back in time in the 80s, I would go and record the parents of A&E, Alpha Repertory Television Service (I won't lie, that's one quirky name for a channel, what ABC and Hearst were thinking outside of the ARTS acronym? That makes me like it a lot.) and The Entertertainment Channel.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
If I were to go back in time, I want to check out Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network during their peak years of the 90's and early 2000's and see how a different time is.

I wish that were to happen.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Ten days ago, Major League Soccer signed a ten-year deal with Apple that would allow their matches to stream on Apple TV+ from next year onwards.

Moe

Olympic Channel (formerly Universal HD) is ceasing operations.
Good, bye bye to Olympic Channel.

I was very disappointed when NBCUniversal rebranded Universal HD as Olympic Channel.

Universal Kids, you're next.
I'm sure that Comcast is reluctant to shut Universal Kids down because they don't want to lose to Nick, Disney and CN.

Last edited:

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I'm sure that Comcast is reluctant to shut Universal Kids because they don't want to lose to Nick, Disney and CN.
Fair enough, but considering that Universal Kids average 35,000 viewers compared the big 3, and no longer produced new original programming, what else do they had to lose?

But after Universal Kids, I think they would stop.
We'll see.

Moe

Fair enough, but considering that Universal Kids average 35,000 viewers compared the big 3, and no longer produced new original programming, what else do they had to lose?
Yeah but Comcast doesn't want to admit, so they tried to remove CN, Disney and Nick from basic cable tier.

homeofthebadguys

Olympic Channel (formerly Universal HD) is ceasing operations.
Universal's Kids channel days are close at hand now. That is, unless it gets retooled into another Dreamworks channel.

Anyway, making a channel around 2 sport marathons that take place every 4 years sounds about as dumb as running a channel centered around videogames.
Wait...

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Universal's Kids channel days are close at hand now. That is, unless it gets retooled into another Dreamworks channel.

Anyway, making a channel around 2 sport marathons that take place every 4 years sounds about as dumb as running a channel centered around videogames.
Wait...
The subtle shade over G4. I feel if NBCU didn't mess up with it in the early 10s (and the Esquire Network stuff didn't start with "Hey, let's close G4 for this"), it would have lived longer.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts