Uru in Blue - a distant sequel to Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Jul 1, 2018
Ratings
76 1
USA
So, for the uninitiated, Uru in Blue (or Aoki Uru) started life in 1992 as a distant sequel to the 1987 anime film, Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise, which put Studio Gainax on the map in Japan.

But in July 1993, Gainax had to abort production because another full-length movie was just financially unfeasible for them. Hideaki Anno, who was set to direct eventually went to create the landmark series Neon Genesis Evangelion. In 2013, Gainax announced that they would produce the movie with Honneamise veterans Hiroyuki Yamaga (director of Honneamise) as the director and screenwriter and Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (character designer for Gainax anime hits like Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water and Evangelion) as the character designer, but without Hideaki Anno, who was preoccupied with Rebuild of Evangelion at the time. There would also be an accompanying short film called Overture and they were eyeing a release for 2018. However, that STILL didn't go anywhere.

I bring this up because a few days back, Studio Gaina (formerly known as Fukushima Gainax) announced they would be producing Uru in Blue and releasing it in 2022.

(On a related note, Gaina also announced they'd be producing two other festering Gainax projects, Top o Nerae! 3 (or if you prefer, Gunbuster 3) and Akubi o Suru ni wa Wake ga Aru (Translation: There's a Reason Behind Yawning) as anime movies, but maybe that's beside the point?)

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?