Upcoming "Star Wars" Feature Films and Series News & Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

khuddle

To my earlier condemnation of Kennedy, I should also add that she is the FIRST Star Wars exec to ever
oversee a financial loss at the box office (in the form of "Solo", which grossed a measely $390 million
worldwide when it needed to gross at least $500 million to break even). As bad as his prequels were,
Lucas himself never experienced a financial loss with his movies.

So that's three strikes against Kennedy.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

John Boyega said his castmates gave him their full support after speaking out against Disney.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
11/3: Ron Howard says nothing related to Solo is being developed in the movies or Disney+ areas.
No rumblings, though, and this is not a spoiler or anything, but I think there is interest in those characters. I think there's interest in the gangster world somewhere down the line. But I can assure you there is nothing being developed right now for a movie or Disney Plus. But, one great thing is there has been a lot of affection shown for Solo, and so of course that keeps boding well for them to eventually turn it around.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
12/07:
Reportedly some new Star Wars projects might be announced during the Investor's Day event on Thursday (December 10).

12/10:
News from the Disney Investor's Day event-

Mandalorian spin-offs confirmed AhsokaTano and Rangers of the New Republic.
*Links: here and here

Hayden Christensen will return as Darth Vader in the Obi Wan show.
*Continue here.

A Lando series was announced, by Justin Simien.
*Continue here.

Another series, The Acolyte, was announced - a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.
*Continue here.

Patty Jenkins will direct a new Rogue Squadron movie.
*Continue here.

A first look at the Andor series was released.
*Continue here.

In animation news, we have A Droid Story (continue here) featuring R2D2 and C3P0, Star Wars Visions (continue here) a series of animated shorts from Japanese anime creators, and a Bad Batch sizzle reel (continue here).

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Take with a huge lump of salt as this rumor comes from a less reliable one (but fun to ponder) reportedly Lucasfilms is mulling a Luke Skywalker series but are unsure about using de-aging and are also considering Sebastian Stan.

You'd think they're done with the Skywalkers but just in the movies since they're still appearing in other mediums. And Stan has come up already online. But I think it's just fluff after all the hype from Luke's recent appearance. Though I wouldn't be against a recast or a series about him in the New Republic era.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Take with a huge lump of salt as this rumor comes from a less reliable one (but fun to ponder) reportedly Lucasfilms is mulling a Luke Skywalker series but are unsure about using de-aging and are also considering Sebastian Stan.

You'd think they're done with the Skywalkers but just in the movies since they're still appearing in other mediums. And Stan has come up already online. But I think it's just fluff after all the hype from Luke's recent appearance. Though I wouldn't be against a recast or a series about him in the New Republic era.
I'm down for it and I am hoping that this rumoured series will reintroduce Mara Jade, as in having her being introduced in the current Disney canon.

khuddle

So many announcements, so few of them have me interested.

The only three that I care about are "The Acolyte", "Star Wars: Visions" and the possible Luke Skywalker series.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts