Upcoming "Star Wars" Feature Films and Series News & Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

the greenman

That wasn't intentional though. If the movie studios had their way there would have been multiple movies right after Return of the Jedi in 1983. Star Wars was a colossus back then. Remember that there were no competing mediums with movies in those days -- no internet, no video games, most people didn't even have cable television. Movies were it, and Star Wars was the undisputed king.
No, the only reason we never saw a movie immediately after 1983 was because of Lucas himself, dithering in his typical Lucas way. I seem to remember he was fighting with studios because he wanted to pursue the plan of his 9 original stories (which he had outlined even before ANH in 1977) while the studios didn't care about his master plan and just wanted sequels to the OT. Negotiations crawled along until 1997 when the casting of the Phantom Menace was announced.
And then of course after the three forgettable prequels we all thought Star Wars was over and done with until Lucas sold the franchise to Disney...and we all know the rest.

But as much as I once loved Star Wars, its lost its cache, pretty much permanently. Its an also-ran franchise now.
I doubt you'll ever create the excitement you had for 1999 and 2015, even if you were to delay the next the movie by more than a decade.
No, we won't. People and some of the younger fans that like to dissect everything have already killed the brand. Disney didn't help with Star Wars. They planned on, like any corporate empire, purchase it and mass produce it. At the same time plug their own personal interests.

Some younger fans might stick around.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

khuddle

Rumor is a Darth Maul Disney+ series is in development and he will appear in multiple shows.

This makes FAR more sense than the Obi-Wan series (particularly if the brilliant Sam Witwer is involved). I'm not sure why Disney committed to an Obi-Wan series, his story has been told (in the Prequels, the Filoni Clone Wars, the Tartakovsky Clone Wars, and so on).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This makes FAR more sense than the Obi-Wan series (particularly if the brilliant Sam Witwer is involved). I'm not sure why Disney committed to an Obi-Wan series, his story has been told (in the Prequels, the Filoni Clone Wars, the Tartakovsky Clone Wars, and so on).
Honestly, I'm the opposite since I feel like there's enough potential for a miniseries focusing on Obi-Wan that takes after Revenge of the Sith and before Rebels.

Last edited:

the greenman

If you check the Obi-Wan thread, you'll see some of us discuss things left unexplained.
Honestly, I'm the opposite since I feel like there's enough potential for a miniseries focusing on him that takes after Revenge of the Sith and before Rebels.
I think Solo made it clear Disney still want to explore him. Honestly, Im kinda good on him. I've seen enough of him and his brother in Rebels to satisfy me.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
*ahem* that's been a rumor since even before episode 9. Trust me. That whole business with returning characters were real. They are probably going to concentrate on the Underworld more.
Yes, that's why I said "brings" and "back" in there. It was one of the first rumors for the Disney+ era of shows. I'm all for more of the Underworld. Mandalorian has been good testing grounds for telling stories set in that backdrop.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm not enthusiastic about this news. I do not want SW to become like ST having a dozen series.
I'm pleased with it. The last movie trilogy disappointed me and Mandalorian revived my interest in SW, so I'm hoping Andor, Obi-Wan, and these next 3 can keep things lively and continue to explore new aspects of the franchise the movies never could.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
TV will likely be the future medium for the franchise, so either get used to it, or look for new stories to enjoy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts