Upcoming "Star Wars" Feature Films and Series News & Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

reflection01

Could see a Knights of Ren series in which Ben features prominent in the first episode, a middle episode, and the season finale but isn’t the lead character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Daisy Ridley talked about Rey on Kimmel said, "at the beginning they were toying with an Obi-Wan connection...There were different versions and at one point she was no one... it kept changing."

So confirming what we thought - they had no plan and it changed movie to movie. For Ep. VII - it was decided she was Obi-Wan's granddaughter, Ep. VIII - she was no one's relation, and Ep IX - it was settled she was Palapatine's granddaughter.

the greenman

Daisy Ridley talked about Rey on Kimmel said, "at the beginning they were toying with an Obi-Wan connection...There were different versions and at one point she was no one... it kept changing."

So confirming what we thought - they had no plan and it changed movie to movie. For Ep. VII - it was decided she was Obi-Wan's granddaughter, Ep. VIII - she was no one's relation, and Ep IX - it was settled she was Palapatine's granddaughter.
Yeah, I will never forget the interview from episode 7 where she said "I thought it was obvious." At this point I honestly feel like Lucasfilm owes Lord & Miller an apology. It's like, at least they knew what they were doing.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spideyzilla

Wakanda Forever
Staff member
Entirely inexcusable in my mind. But hey, no problem, it's only Star Wars. Not a big entertainment property or anything....

the greenman

Well, at least Disney's Lucasfilm are trying to go back to the source. I mean there's a wealth of material that should be explored. They were so consumed with the merchandise and brand of Star Wars and getting their own stuff in there to get ALL of that money.

Part of me wonders if Lucas still receives kickbacks to this day on certain things. Reasoning why Disney doesn't want to go back much at all, instead of major details on major characters.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Agreed and while it may not be likely, but I would like to see their cut of Solo being released.

Rather than say definitively they knew what they were doing, I believe they should've been allowed to finish the movie. I doubt what they created would've been much worse that Ron Howard's fairly bland and murky take.

Hopefully SHE is not a part of the future of the franchise.

It's 2020 and she's still there. All the armchair experts like Grace Randolph and Geeks & Gamers who were predicting her firing or dismissal were wrong. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for her to leave.

AdrenalineRush1996

Rather than say definitively they knew what they were doing, I believe they should've been allowed to finish the movie. I doubt what they created would've been much worse that Ron Howard's fairly bland and murky take.
Frankly, I liked the theatrical cut of Solo and honestly, I preferred the Anthology films over the sequel trilogy in terms of the Disney era films during the second half of the last decade.

khuddle

It's 2020 and she's still there. All the armchair experts like Grace Randolph and Geeks & Gamers who were predicting her firing or dismissal were wrong. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for her to leave.

She mishandled Solo (firing Lord and Miller and hiring Ron Howard in their place after much of the movie had already been shot), and she mishandled Rise of Skywalker (firing Colin Trevorrow (who had great ideas for his film btw) and re-hiring a tired and mentally spent JJ Abrams only weeks before production of ROS began. She is NOT good for the franchise, mark my words. But if you don't believe me, stay tuned for future gaffes.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
She mishandled Solo (firing Lord and Miller and hiring Ron Howard in their place after much of the movie had already been shot), and she mishandled Rise of Skywalker (firing Colin Trevorrow (who had great ideas for his film btw) and re-hiring a tired and mentally spent JJ Abrams only weeks before production of ROS began. She is NOT good for the franchise, mark my words. But if you don't believe me, stay tuned for future gaffes.

Bob Iger and Alan Horn have responsibility for these choices and actions as well. Secondly, she produced The Mandalorian and hired Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau to work on the show...so...whatever.

Frankly, I liked the theatrical cut of Solo and honestly, I preferred the Anthology films over the sequel trilogy in terms of the Disney era films during the second half of the last decade.

I didn't hate it, but again, I see no reason Lord and Miller needed to be fired and just finish the movie.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.
CNC
Here's my Ideal Disney XD schedule for next week. What do you think?
harry580 wrote on Streaker Prower's profile.
I like your profile picture, tails is my favorite
sunnsettapple wrote on Eddy_Girly's profile.
(Part 1)
Hello,
I know this is a weird long shot and I doubt you'll even get this message, but I'm doing some lost media research and I have very few leads. Some old forum posts that came up on a Google search lead me to believe there's a small chance you may be able to help.
Last month, someone found the Cyberchase pilot

Featured Posts