Upcoming Nickelodeon Shows: Which will be hit and miss

Latest News & Videos

Nick Fan 2.0

Dec 12, 2012
With so many new Nick shows on the horizon, I thought it would be interesting to hear everyones thoughts on how these shows will fair on the main network. Obviously, this round of new programming starts tonight with the addition of TTM. This thread can also include shows already on the network. What do you all think?

rockorockorocko

Nov 7, 2012
United States
Kinda hard to say because there's honestly not much new programs coming up.

- TTM we will find out soon what it can do, given the fact it's the last show on an up and down Saturday night block.
- Jinxed will be up against GLC/Jessie crossover, but it is an hour ahead of it, so it might be able to hit 3M. Swindle put up a new standard from here on out for Nick original movies with its 4.2M premiere though.
- Breadwinners is the only other show yet to premiere on Nick. Honestly from what I've seen, I am not impressed at all. The animation is a poor mans version of Rocko's Modern Life and there was nothing remotely engaging, unique or charming about its preview. Hopefully the show has improved big time from the mini cartoon that's online.

Get Blake has not been officially announced yet by Nick, so who knows if it's even coming to the network. Bad Seeds and Pig Goat Banana Cricket are just in the beginning stages so we may not see either until late summer or fall of next year. Although I expect both to be bonafide hits. Can't include any new live action either since none of the five pilots ordered have been officially picked up.

J21697

Dec 11, 2012
USA
Yeah..Breadwinners is just...bleh. From what I've seen, the network execs are trying to find fresh, creator driven animation, it worked with Sanjay & Craig, and it looks like it will work for PGBC, Breadwinners...not so much.

Nick Fan 2.0

Dec 12, 2012
I have low expectations for BW. Very poor animation for any network especially this day and age. I have BIG expectations for Bad Seeds, as I've stated dozens of times. It seems like such a fresh show and has so much talent backing it. I expect this show to build on Nick's ever-growing line of Nicktoons hits.

J21697

Dec 11, 2012
USA
Yeah, next year will be a GREAT year for Nicktoons. I'm assuming that FOP, SBSP, SJC, TMNT, BS, PGBC will be the ones left by the end of 2014. MvA was DOA from the start, Rabbids just screams "placeholder" to me, and Breadwinners likely won't last long on the network.

rockorockorocko

Nov 7, 2012
United States
Bad Seeds is gonna be the next big Nicktoon. Wouldn't be surprised if Pig Goat Banana Cricket will be too. But just remember neither will be entering the picture until summer or fall of next year. So no movement on the animation side for awhile, which is great. At least we know the lineup for the next six months.

The clip of Breadwinners is not even from the pilot, it's a short before it was picked up. If you look at the Nick website, the art is much more crisp. I'm curious to see if the show got a major overhaul following Nicks investment in it. I'm thinking Breadwinners will air after Jinxed or at least before the end of the year. But following this show, there's really not gonna be anything new unless Nick pulls something out of its sleeve.

I think Nick will find a way to burn through the last six unscheduled MvA episodes before the year is done to clear up the schedule for BW. RI... I'm 85 percent sure it won't be renewed, but you never know. Probably will be done by January or February of next yer though.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
The Thundermans - It looks promising, the first episode was horrible, but the second much better, not great, but good. Hopefully the quality increases.

Bread Winners - It looks like some cheap mess.

Bad Seeds - The premise seems interesting, I hope it premieres soon

Pig Goat Banana Cricket - Just reading the title makes this should like a bad show.

Twang - It's from the guy who created True Jackson, VP, so I think I'll like this show, if it's good, hopefully Nick doesn't screw it over like they did with TJVP

I know there's more, but I don't have any opinions on them.

Nick Fan 2.0

Dec 12, 2012
Pig Goat Banana Cricket seems like it could succeed. The animation resemble's that of classic CN. But the name is such a turnoff...I don't know what to think of this show.

Nikktoon

Mar 15, 2011
FL
Being a fan of Greenblatt, I too am looking forward to Bad Seed with high hopes. PGBC's name doesn't bother me. No worse then Cow & Chicken. The animation looks retro to me which is cool.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.